Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Andy Rooney: The World's Greatest Living Commentator

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:10 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2011, 08:10 PM 7 #1 of 5
Andy Rooney: The World's Greatest Living Commentator

You all know who Andy Rooney is, right? He's the guy who's hosted the final segment on the weekly news program 60 Minutes for five hundred of the one thousand years it's been on air. He uses his three minute slot to talk about whatever he feels like: current events, politics, coffee, falling asleep on a bus and missing his stop by six blocks, not recognizing anyone in Billboard magazine, whether you should say "World Series is over" or "World Series are over," etc.

It's basically a weekly window into the life of a rambling old man, and it is fantastic.

"Tonight, Andy Rooney throws rocks at Bill Gates's Windows."
"I had one typewriter for fifty years, but I've bought seven computers in six years."
"You simply press a button that says 'off' when you want to turn it off? You do not. The first thing he has us do to stop is to press 'Start.'"
"Computers aren't nice to us. My typewriter never threatened me with a prison sentence by saying I have performed an illegal operation."

"I consider myself to be an absolutely dead-centered, normal, average American."
"If I'm so average American, how come I've never heard of most of the musical groups that millions of other Americans apparently are listening to?"
"I know age is the obvious divider, but age doesn't separate Americans in other areas. We all like comfort, beauty, ice cream, a sunny day, and a win for our favorite team."

"When I write the name of a month in a script, I'm always surprised how some months are spelled."
"Today is March 1, of course. Most of us like March, but I think either May or June would win any vote we took to win our favorite month."
"Some people would probably pick September, but I don't like endings, and I think of September as an ending."
"Los Angeles has in-between weather all year long, if that appeals to you. Movies made in the big studios are a lot like the weather in Hollywood: the same."
"The thing you have to remember is most people don't wear clothes to keep warm. For instance, warm is not the issue when women get dressed. I wear the same suit all year."

Here are a few from RR:

"I don't think the average carpenter goes out in the morning with any more tools than I have right here on my desk."
"Elastic bands are one of the greatest tools of modern times, right there with the hammer and screwdriver."
"I don't know how we started calling this 'Scotch Tape,' no Irish tape I know of."
"A staple remover, one of the great inventions of modern times. Better than staples, I think."

"I keep reading about the problems people have falling asleep and staying asleep nights."
"I can sleep night or day, sitting, standing, or lying down. I often fall asleep right here at this desk."
"But I think I can get along with seven hours. I can take eight, but anyone who sleeps nine hours a night is sleeping his life away."
"What we need is some kind of a gauge, like a thermometer, that would tell us when we need more sleep and when we've had enough."

This one isn't embeddable, but it's one long story about how old he is and how stuttering is hilarious: YouTube - Andy Rooney: The King and I.
"How many people today can say they met King George VI?"
"I like movies that remind me of something I know about."

Post your favorite Andy Rooney moments in this thread!

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:14 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2011, 09:14 PM #2 of 5
YouTube Video

Just wait for his signing off line.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:14 PM #3 of 5
YouTube Video

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:52 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2011, 10:52 PM #4 of 5
YouTube Video

DOES YOU THINK THE MEDIA IS CHANGED.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:02 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2011, 04:02 PM 3 #5 of 5

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Andy Rooney: The World's Greatest Living Commentator