Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Is the Vioilnist of Hamelin any good? (Manga and TV Series, not the Movie)
Yes. 4 80.00%
No. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Violinist of Hamelin
Closed Thread

agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 06:40 PM #1 of 3
Violinist of Hamelin

No one would happen to know where I can by the English version of this, would they?
Books or TV Series, either one?

Most amazing jew boots
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:07 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 03:07 AM #2 of 3
Wow...I'm kind of impressed how much attention VoH has been getting as of late on GFF -- granted, it's not really that much, but at least the title is getting thrown around on here.

I think Violinist of Hameln is one of the best manga I've read, especially considering the genre (generic super hero/epic/fantasy/comedy). Maybe it's just because I'm a classical musician, so the concept of a violin-super-hero-demon isn't that crazy to me . I think the only thing that's an obstacle to bringing it to an English-speaking audience is the length of the series (37 volumes) and the quality (or lack of) in the anime. The anime would have been better served if they would have kept the humor from the source material, but as a straight drama it stands by itself fairly well. I think the best part of it is the voice acting and the music, more than anything else.

The movie was, in my opinion, very good despite veering off from the music-pun names and having a fairly throwaway storyline. The animation was -- well, it was animated. This is the main thing that makes it better than the TV show, which is more like slides set to music with animated interludes. The music arrangements were well-done, and the humor was very close to that of the manga.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to find the manga or movie available in English, and the TV series is only available on DVD in a bad HK English subtitled version -- or fansub. I think the subbing group was 3NA, but they've long since stopped releasing it. A new subbing group, the Instrumentality Project has started re-subbing it with remastered source material...so far they have up to episode 8. I have no idea of their quality, as I haven't downloaded anything from them.
Also, AnimeSuki has all 25 episodes and the movie fansubbed and available through torrents here.

As for the manga, ScytheGP has up to volume 13 scanlated and avaliable on their site. Arr!Here There Be Manga! has stopped scanlating, but has up to volume 6 available to view/read online.

Most amazing jew boots
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:24 PM #3 of 3
AAAKKKK!!! TORRENTS!!!
for some reason, every time i download one, it says that the file isn't there!!
I HATE TORRENTS!!!!
are there any OTHER options???
pleeeeez?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Violinist of Hamelin