Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

islam, the religion of love...

chronicles
Banned

Member 31390

Level 2.74

Aug 2008

Old Aug 1, 2008, 07:27 PM #126 of 190
Well considering the human / womens rights issues combined with how they try to impress their way of life on Americans using democracy I would say a lot, I know I do.

Most amazing jew boots
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 07:29 PM 1 1 #127 of 190
A hateful gay libertarian abortionist

FELIPE NO
chronicles
Banned

Member 31390

Level 2.74

Aug 2008

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:21 PM #128 of 190
So not liking something has turned into hate. I think your problem is you try to define someone else instead of define / discuss the issue. Not all cultures are equal and most certainly not all religions are as tollerent as each other. Islam when practiced in a democracy can be practiced with respect to other religions. Islam practiced in a therocracy is almost never tollerent of other religions or life styles that go against it.

I will gladly dislike / hate any religion that has not caught up with the times and embraces human rights. Womens, Gays, choices etc..

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:23 PM 4 #129 of 190
A hair-splitting hateful gay libertarian abortionist

How ya doing, buddy?
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:28 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 10:28 PM 1 #130 of 190
So not liking something has turned into hate.
Well...
Makes you wonder what percentage of US/Europeans hate the "Muslim" way of life.
Well considering the human / womens rights issues combined with how they try to impress their way of life on Americans using democracy I would say a lot, I know I do.
If you don't want people to draw the conclusion that you hate something, you probably shouldn't say that you hate it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chronicles
Banned

Member 31390

Level 2.74

Aug 2008

Old Aug 2, 2008, 01:15 AM #131 of 190
I was waiting for one of them to call me a raciest or something lol I get that a lot from ignorant people. Little do they know we are talking about a religion that preaches / acts on hate values versus a religon whos final word was love thy neighbor and judge not least ye be judged. Seems when it comes time for a little religious intollerance christians / jesus serves as the foot stool for the shit versus allah/muhamad.

You guys know that islam used to be an elightened religion? You know right arround the 8th century they were sharing knowledge with various other countries even ones they conquered? Muslims consider jesus a prophet same as muhamad. Christians consider jesus the son of god but lets say for the sake of arguement they both were prophets.

Jesus healed the sick, preached love thy neighbor, give to the poor etc. Muhamad was involved in many bloody wars, married a 9 year old. Christianity has had its roots in being spread by the sword, I won't argue that. The difference between the two religions is pretty simple. The bible taught against it while the koran endorces it.

Alright hatefull lable is fine but lets keep it in perspective in the topic on hand.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 01:58 AM #132 of 190
The difference between the two religions is pretty simple. The bible taught against it while the koran endorces it.
Have you even read either of the holy books?

'Cause, I mean, you really seem to be working hard to convince us that you haven't.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 02:07 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 11:07 PM #133 of 190
The funny thing is all three of the major Judeo-Christian religions are based on the same principles, with Christianity coming out of Judaism, and Islam following by taking parts of its two predecessors. The differences between the three faiths are negligible in the grand scheme of things.

We should learn to discern between what is written and how its adherents choose to interpret it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 02:12 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2008, 01:12 AM 2 1 #134 of 190
Jesus healed the sick, preached love thy neighbor, give to the poor etc. Muhamad was involved in many bloody wars, married a 9 year old. Christianity has had its roots in being spread by the sword, I won't argue that. The difference between the two religions is pretty simple. The bible taught against it while the koran endorces it.
Except that child bride's were fully acceptable at the time, and Mary Magdalene--who was more than likely married to Jesus--was an underage prostitute by our standards. Jesus also whipped people in a temple, but hey. Dude was all hugs and flowers, right?

But here's your problem: Jesus and Mohammed are neither of them the basis of the religion. God and Allah are. And you know who are really, really similar? God and Allah.

You say the bible teaches tolerance, but it simply doesn't. Anti-homosexual (men who lay with men etc), anti-tolerance (no gods before me), anti-free thought (tree of knowledge), and very much pro-war on the unbelievers.

You can try and justify your arguments anyway you like, but anyone with a lick of logic realises that the difference between the Muslim faith and the Christian faith is a political one and nothing more. The one thing you've made abundantly clear through your idiotic ranting thus far is that you've never actually studied either faith. Watching CNN and reading the Cole's Notes on the bible doesn't make a religious studies major. This concept that either religion is worse than the other, or that christian faith wouldn't be as iron fist-y if they had a theocracy in our country is ridiculous. You're arguing politics, not religion, and you're doing -that- poorly as well. Feel free to shove the fuck off until you read a little more.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 01:28 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2008, 08:28 PM #135 of 190
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Makes you wonder what percentage of US/Europeans hate the "Muslim" way of life.
A bigger problem is when the hate easily transforms itself into acts of violence, and I'd say Muslims win that round hands down. That is mostly due to their level of faith in their religion, and believing that being a martyr and sacrificing yourself really does get them into heaven.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FallDragon; Aug 2, 2008 at 01:32 PM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 01:37 PM #136 of 190
This is ridiculous. Do you know why Islam-dominated areas see significantly more religious violence than Christianity-dominated areas? Would you like to know?

Take some time to compare the average standard of living in these areas relative to each other. You might discover something interesting about the sort of things that make a man desperate enough to explode himself.

darbreka
Banned

Member 31402

Level 1.21

Aug 2008

Old Aug 2, 2008, 03:05 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2008, 11:05 PM #137 of 190
I think he argues with emotions rather than facts however you guys fuel it by petty smack talk. People not normaly involved in politics get drawn into it by other people who use religion as a way to bridge the gap

Both religions have had their hands full with much ill in the world however lets stop looking in the past. I would rather live in a Hindu, Buddist, Christian country than an islamic country. WHY? Simple, people tend to have more rights in said countries where any religion besides Islam dominates. Not to mention Islam has far largers numbers of radicals that act rather talk or vote on their far flung beliefs.

Would you want to live in a country that has state sanctioned hangings for such things as being LBG or being seen with another man who is not married or a relitive to you?

Idealy I would love to see religion be something people keep in their homes with out being pushed on others.

LiveLeak.com - islam to stone 9 people to death.

This guy pretty much sums up my feelings, here is a video of him.

YouTube - The myth of Islamophobia

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 03:09 PM #138 of 190
Shively, the secret to a successful dupe account is making some kind of attempt to alter your public behavior. Otherwise, your personality tics (bigotry, holding a grudge, randomly dissing posts that have nothing to do with you) are extremely obvious to anyone with the slightest curiosity.

Just walk away and don't come back until you've figured out how to do this without embarrassing yourself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:37 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2008, 12:37 AM 1 #139 of 190
Originally Posted by Pangalin
Take some time to compare the average standard of living in these areas relative to each other. You might discover something interesting about the sort of things that make a man desperate enough to explode himself.
Economics can very well help lead Muslims to put blind faith into Islam, but Islam is what justifies the violence. Muslims don't say "I will kill Americans because I am poor and living in an oppressive culture." They say "I will kill Americans for Muhammad, just as the Koran says." If you remove the religious/dogmatic motivations from fundamentalists they would lose all sense of purpose in their violence, which is why faith in Islam is the most fundamental aspect of the cause of violence. If the mideast were devoted to Janism instead of Islam it would be impossible for them to use violence as a means to end, simply because Janism renounces any and all violence, period.

Last edited by FallDragon; Aug 2, 2008 at 05:55 PM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 06:22 PM 9 #140 of 190
So... if they were pacifists, they'd be pacifistic? How insightful. Listen, I can't deal with you right now so I've asked a friend to explain my position to you in my stead. I hope you don't mind.

Most amazing jew boots
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 02:11 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2008, 09:11 PM #141 of 190
So you take our conversation, which was in context of the Mideast culture, and move it into the Soviet Union to prove Religion isn't justifying violence in the Mideast? You fail at logic. Thanks for going the extra mile and criticizing an argument I never tried to make.

Religion is a form of dogma, though less malleable then political versions of dogma due to it being bound to what ancient texts say. Dogmatic political system (such as, hmm, the communist party of Stalin) can justify violence as long as those who carry out the violence have blind faith in the system. In both Religious or political systems, violence comes about through individuals putting blind faith into a dogma.

If the Mideast had no Religion to justify their violence, they may very well resort to a different dogma to justify the violence, or they very well may not. It would take all sorts of imagination to figure out how a non-religious Mideast would pan out, but I'd bet the number of suicide bombings would become nonexistent if they didn't think they'd get into heaven for doing it. In any case, getting rid of their blind faith in Religion would be an invaluable step towards reaching peace.

Though I'm not sure why I'm explaining my position to you when you'd more easily understand pictures with insults.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by FallDragon; Aug 3, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 03:25 PM #142 of 190
You don't need to explain your position to me, FallDragon. I already know your position, because it's a position I've held myself.

When I was in junior high.

Desperate people do desperate things. This is basic! Do people rob banks because of their religion? Do they hold people for ransom based upon a philosophical dogma? Mostly no. They do it because they feel that their situation is unbearable and will continue to be unbearable unless they get some fucking money. Now, of course, this notion is generally not rational, but neither is it dogmatic. I'm sure we would see a lot less people going ker-blooie if we could somehow render the entirety of the human race into utterly rational creatures, but it's not going to happen.

Suicide bombings occur largely because they are the most effective tool that disenfranchised, desperate people have to work with. You can try to pretend that somehow these people are different than other human beings just because they're in the Middle-East (how dare you compare them to other people!!!), but it's delusional.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 04:12 PM #143 of 190
Desperate people do desperate things. This is basic! Do people rob banks because of their religion? Do they hold people for ransom based upon a philosophical dogma? Mostly no. They do it because they feel that their situation is unbearable and will continue to be unbearable unless they get some fucking money.

Suicide bombings occur largely because they are the most effective tool that disenfranchised, desperate people have to work with.
Could you go into a little more detail here? I honestly don't understand the comparison between robbing banks and suicide bombings. I can see their both done out of some severe desperation, but other than that I'm afraid I'm lost.

Robbing banks and holding rich motherfuckers for ransom leaves some hope for personal advancement, wheras suicide bombings do not. While I agree that it's silly to blame solely Islam on the readiness of those who strap explosives to their chest I'm afraid I can't follow how you're drawing such a hard line (or so it seems) between Bonnie & Clyde and Sajida Rishawi.

It's obvious there's something in the middle-east aside from personal depseration driving people to do these things, and while it's not necessarily religion I think you're trying to oversimplify the situation.

FELIPE NO
Secret Squirrel
River Chocobo

Member 89

Level 24.44

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 04:30 PM #144 of 190
There's an interesting theory that middle eastern men are driven to be suicide bombers because of the practice of polygamy. If all the successful and wealthy men have 2 or more wives, that doesn't leave much for all of the poor, low-status males. This often means the only sex they'll be getting is in the afterlife.

Psychology Today: Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature (point no. 4)

This might be an oversimplification too, but it's an interesting one, and explains it a bit better than just poverty alone.

Slightly Dark -- updated weekly with rare out-of-print game music.

Last edited by Secret Squirrel; Aug 3, 2008 at 04:32 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 05:58 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2008, 04:58 PM 1 #145 of 190
Could you go into a little more detail here? I honestly don't understand the comparison between robbing banks and suicide bombings. I can see their both done out of some severe desperation, but other than that I'm afraid I'm lost.

Robbing banks and holding rich motherfuckers for ransom leaves some hope for personal advancement, wheras suicide bombings do not. While I agree that it's silly to blame solely Islam on the readiness of those who strap explosives to their chest I'm afraid I can't follow how you're drawing such a hard line (or so it seems) between Bonnie & Clyde and Sajida Rishawi.

It's obvious there's something in the middle-east aside from personal depseration driving people to do these things, and while it's not necessarily religion I think you're trying to oversimplify the situation.
Pang isn't making a direct comparison between suicide bombings and bank robbing, what he's saying is that desperation breeds actions that a rational man would find off-putting. A poor man will rob a bank, risking incarceration or death, because his life simply isn't that good to begin with. For him, the benefit outweighs the risk. The same is true of suicide bombers. Religion is the outlet, but it isn't the cause for the act. If there was a standard of living, and a situation where the benefits of death (possible afterlife reward) didn't outweigh the benefits of life (poor, no food, no women, no hockey) you wouldn't see it happening. It's very easy to be reasonable and logical when you aren't living in a desperate situation. I think that's what Pang was getting at, anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:05 PM #146 of 190
I don't know why people think suicide bombing is this integral part of Islam and that non-sandniggers couldn't be driven to kill themselves for some warped 'greater good'. Did you guys forget what kamikaze pilots were?

Most amazing jew boots
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:08 PM #147 of 190
Kami-whatsy? Did that come out before or after Evangelion?

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:10 PM #148 of 190
Vwdoew.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:10 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2008, 10:10 PM #149 of 190
The greatest warriors of glorious Nippon.

I was speaking idiomatically.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:18 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2008, 03:18 AM #150 of 190
The one thing you've made abundantly clear through your idiotic ranting thus far is that you've never actually studied either faith.
Except that child bride's were fully acceptable at the time, and Mary Magdalene--who was more than likely married to Jesus--was an underage prostitute by our standards. Jesus also whipped people in a temple, but hey. Dude was all hugs and flowers, right?
reading Da Vinci Code =/= studying a faith ~

This is ridiculous. Do you know why Islam-dominated areas see significantly more religious violence than Christianity-dominated areas? Would you like to know?

It can also be taken the other way around to explain the current Islamic expansion in Africa to the detriment of Christianity and the pretty much huge lack of wealthy Islamic countries compared to the Christian ones, though.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > islam, the religion of love...