Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Eat as much as you'd like, on us! (But don't lose your modest reserve).

Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 04:12 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 02:12 PM 1 #1 of 16
Eat as much as you'd like, on us! (But don't lose your modest reserve).

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's when your company caters for a special occasion, and there's always those jackasses who hardly eat anything. Man, fuck the bullshit. I pig out. I mean, I keep it clean and I'm pretty covert about the whole thing. I don't grab too large of portions, but I go back at least 4 or 5 times during the course of the food being served. Sure, I understand the whole being modest mentality, but why would you ruin a free meal like that?

Also, I'm not talking about particularly formal events, either. In that instance, it's understandable to keep a level of modesty about the whole thing. I'd even go so far as to say eat before hand.

How do you handle the buffet table when your work caters?

How ya doing, buddy?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 05:20 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 03:20 PM #2 of 16
If it's something where I'm sitting with superiors and such talking, I'll tend to eat less. But if I'm with a bunch of friends I'll tend to pig out (as will they), and we all usually end up trying to find some way to stash leftovers to take home.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:01 PM #3 of 16
I'll go for a normal round the first time, and perhaps if I find myself in the vicinity of the lunch room later in the day, I might make a side trip to see if there's anything left. I don't pig out out of courtesy of everyone else, but after a certain time if there's still stuff left, it's fair game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

I have nothing clever to put here.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:33 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 07:33 PM #4 of 16
For lunches or dinners that are given for free by certain school events, I typically find myself just having one serving by sampling each dish that's available. I've only gone back to get second helpings of fruits and maybe a single dish that I really enjoyed. Otherwise, I can live with just one serving.

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:29 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2007, 09:29 PM #5 of 16
I never eat too much during situations that demand some amount of modesty: weddings, work related situation, school functions, etc. Most of the time the food is disgusting anyways, but if it's actually delicious and I'm hungry, I try to take small portions the first time around, and then load up during the 2nd trip. I don't like making more than a couple turns, since usually towards the end the crowd has dwindled and people can see you lurking about the chafing dish, poking for scraps.

How ya doing, buddy?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:02 AM #6 of 16
This Saturday is "Employee Appreciation Day", which means employees are treated to free lunch. It's the same food but with a different message on the cake each time. Roast beef on weck rolls, goulash, cold cut platters, Italian sausage, fresh shrimp and cocktail sauce, antipasto and chef's salad, relish tray with pickles, olives, etc., pepperoni pizza, chicken wings, pretzels, chips, lukewarm soda, homemade punch, and vanilla sheet cake with inch-thick buttercream frosting.

It's not bad but it's entirely predictable at this point. I'd freak if they had three-foot subs cut into pieces, cookie platters or baked fish fillets. We all work at a supermarket and these things are just as available and simple to prepare as the usual fare. I enjoy chicken wings and sausage, so I usually make a couple trips to the conference room. I'm not ashamed to load my plate; the food is there and gets tossed if uneaten.

I need to keep my weight up, so anyone who complains that I'm immodest by heaping the plate full can kiss my ass.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 03:26 AM #7 of 16
I don't know if I pig out. I eat until I full. Just because it's free doesn't give the motivation to shove more food in my mouth. Strangely enough, I seem to get less food when I enjoy what is being served. I eat more when the food is just average. I don't know why.

FELIPE NO
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:47 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 09:47 AM #8 of 16
Speaking of company lunches, I guess they're going to be serving lunch today! I'm excited. Very excited.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:32 PM #9 of 16
I don't overtly take too much food in these kinds of situations, but it's more because I have a hangup about people whom I don't know well seeing me eating than for any other reason. I mean, I love free food, c'mon. When the main rush dies down, I'll sneak back and grab some shit to take with me. I do it quietly enough that people won't notice, as long as they can't see me; if the food's out in a highly public area, though, I'm pretty much screwed and won't bother.

Man, I sound like such a sneaky bastard. =/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:56 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 12:56 PM #10 of 16
in most of these instances, I'll eat until I'm full. That usually means one plateful, but sometimes I go back for seconds.

isn't the purpose of eating to satiate your hunger? they're catering. it's not like "HERE HAVE A SNACK."

There's nowhere I can't reach.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 02:48 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 12:48 PM #11 of 16
AHH CATERING

So fucking good, this is what they brought us today.

Carne Asada, Pollo Asada, Rice Beans, Flour Tortillas, Chips, Guacamole, and umm... some salsa and lime's. I'm in heaven. Just finished my first plate (the plate you see above) and am going back for seconds...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Aji
bleh

Member 20118

Level 5.67

Feb 2007

Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:34 PM #12 of 16
I noticed that when I eat out in general I eat less than I would at home. When I was younger my second and third plates would still be full. Now the portions have shrunk. I get smaller samples of each thing but I try to each as much different things as possible. I might not eat that food for awhile, so I try to make the best of it and try everything.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2008, 02:59 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2008, 12:59 PM #13 of 16
I really don't eat much anyway so pigging out at buffets and catered events is not usual for me. Just last Thursday we were at a catered lunch for all of the school sites that the organization I work for serves and we basically dicked around with other people and ate copious amounts of Mexican food. I was already not too hungry but it seemed rude to not grab a plate at least. It's too bad I wasn't hungry because I only ate a bit of the already small portion that I ate and it was very delicious.

So to answer the question: No. I don't pig out. I rarely eat as it is so pigging out at catered events would just seem really weird.

How ya doing, buddy?
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2008, 03:01 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2008, 01:01 PM #14 of 16
That's why you need to pick up the ganja again, Paco. Why waste free mexican food.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:13 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2008, 03:13 PM #15 of 16
I didn't eat much when I smoked pot either. In fact, I ate less and drank water more.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:35 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2008, 03:35 PM 2 #16 of 16
Why waste free mexican food.
Because of concern for tomorrow. In particular, your sphincter's status tomorrow.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Eat as much as you'd like, on us! (But don't lose your modest reserve).