Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:12 PM #1776 of 3592
Umm, it's been known since around E3 '05 that it was going to use 2.5" HDDs. Basically, laptop HDDs. Photos of Dark Sector from Game Informer, or so I've heard:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 16, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:35 PM #1777 of 3592
Bleh, when you said "standard 2.5 drives" I thought you meant HDs from PC's. I don't use a laptop, so I never bothered to learn little details like that.

Well I'm sure a place like cheapassgamer or a rebate offer from Officemax can net me a bigger 2.5 drive without shelling out an extra 100 bucks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:38 PM #1778 of 3592
WoW, Dark Sector has canged a lot over the past year and a half.

Original HD Trailer of Dark Sector: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game

Now compare thoes screens to that video. Though thoes screens look quite interesting to me... and good, I'm just saying how different the two are. Guess that's what happens when a work is in progress.

P.S.
That guy stole Snake's suite from MGS4 (or at least in the third pic), lol

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:22 PM #1779 of 3592
flOw looks quite nice and seems like it'd be a nice tech demo for the new controller. Watching videos of the game is almost calming..

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:39 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 08:39 PM #1780 of 3592
If you're interested in flOw, you can play it here.

It's an interesting concept and thesis, but I wonder if any of it is going to change for the PS3 or not. (It could stand to have a bit more substance to it.)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:45 PM #1781 of 3592
flOw looks the best of all the ones posted. The soothing soft blues look so relaxing. Here's a flash version of flOw http://www.crazygames.com/game/flow
sooo relaxing.

edit: lol u beat me to it while I was playing the game.

Anyway, the other games look pretty bad except for blast factor and flOw.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:40 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 09:40 PM #1782 of 3592
Haha, nice... I just played flOw for several hours... very very addicting. I'm hoping they do add more variety to it, for sure.

If anything, the graphics in the PS3 screenshots look vastly improved compared to the original game even in its simplistic vectory style.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:19 AM #1783 of 3592
Originally Posted by espressivo
Anyway, the other games look pretty bad except for blast factor and flOw.
Err, can you tell me what's bad about them? Lemmings pretty much looks like it always has, just in HD and we don't even have screens for the thief game. A bit premature with the judgements, when these aren't even in their native res?

Here's some screens from Swizzle Blocks, another downloadable title and a gameplay video for Flow.

PS3 Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (these are games that are going to be shown at Gamers Day on the 19th):

Virtua Tennis 3:

Ridge Racer 7:

Full Auto 2:

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

Stranglehold:

Sonic PS3/360:

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Interesting article on next-gen commentary.

Has the boxart for FEAR been put up here yet? If not, here it is (alone with Rainbow Six: Las Vegas):

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 17, 2006 at 08:17 AM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:16 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2006, 08:16 AM #1784 of 3592
Heh, just from the screenshots, flOw and Blast Factory look awfully similar to Electroplankton and Geometry Wars, respectively.

Glad to see Sony's taking that cue from the 360's Live service though. That was one thing I liked about the 360. Now, let's see some Guilty Gear/Darkstalkers/other 2D fighter that isn't Street Fighter. Ooh damn, they should put Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on their download service.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:23 AM #1785 of 3592
More screenshots guys! This time from DMC4's cutscene demonstration, check out the detail on Dante's boot.

Realtime cutscene demonstration from which these screenshots were taken. Oh, and here's some combo gifs:

Not very important, but here's some Eurogamer news regarding GTA IV.

Quote:
According to a source close to Rockstar North, the team is working on exclusive supplemental content for both systems, which will be made available for download via Microsoft and Sony's respective online services after the game's release next year.

In case you missed it, Microsoft revealed at X06 that Xbox 360 owners will get "exclusive access to two downloadable, epic episodes of GTA IV via Xbox Live, each with hours of entirely new gameplay and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title".
Advertisement

We're told to expect much the same deal on PS3, except unique to the platform. Interestingly, the downloadable content, our source maintains, will take the form of brand new areas which will link into the main GTAIV game world.

"Think of the world as a large island - the new downloadable areas will be like smaller islands linking into it," the source explained. (Which is a structural analogy, rather than a suggestion that the game is set on an island, we hasten to add.)

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 17, 2006 at 11:22 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:10 AM #1786 of 3592
30 DAYS LEFT.

That is all.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:21 AM #1787 of 3592
Yup, not far now ^^

I think I'm going to start a thread soon for advice on camping for consoles. This is because my friends and I are going to be camping at a FutureShop on the thursday night before launch and this will be our first time, hence the request for advice. So for all of you who are planning on doing the same for either a Wii or a PS3, watch for the thread to go up soon.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:56 AM #1788 of 3592
More images incoming, this time they're from the PS3 catalog that was available at TGS.

Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:04 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2006, 08:04 AM #1789 of 3592
Btw, for a few posts back, flOw is very much not like Electroplankton despite the look It's more like the microscopic-level game from Spore... or rather, it's the predicessor of it, since the same designer is working on that aspect of the game.

Checking out the new shots, thanks as usual Sphere~

Oh and

Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Klonoa reference! Make another game!

please?

Last edited by Cobalt Katze; Oct 17, 2006 at 11:14 AM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:21 AM #1790 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
Btw, for a few posts back, flOw is very much not like Electroplankton despite the look It's more like the microscopic-level game from Spore... or rather, it's the predicessor of it, since the same designer is working on that aspect of the game.

Checking out the new shots, thanks as usual Sphere~
No problem, these are actually coming from a guy called Elder who stumbled upon the press page at Sony's website, using his press pass and username. I'll link to the original post where he's got it all up if the images start coming down as a good number of them are imageshacked.

Quote:
Oh and

Klonoa reference! Make another game!

please?
I'd love it if they made another Klonoa title, anyone have the sales figures for the 2nd title? BTW, there are more references to Namco games on those cars.

Examples: Mitsurugi, Kilik, Arkbird, Osea/Usea/Erusea, etc...

Edit: Holy Hell Hogs, check this info out:

Source

Quote:
...Owen Stampflee, Lead Software Engineer of Terra Soft Solutions expresses, "From the days of the Commodore 64 to modern overclocked and water cooled home computers, a battle has raged between dedicated game boxes and home computers for highest quality game play. PLAYSTATION 3 provides an industry first exceptional Linux OS experience ... and Terra Soft the first Linux OS. I am proud to have played a part in this development."

Under basic agreement with SCEI, Terra Soft was granted a unique opportunity to develop and bring to market a complete Linux OS for the Sony PLAYSTATION 3. In development of Yellow Dog Linux v5.0, Terra Soft integrated and enhanced code from Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Sony Group, and Fedora in order to offer the following:
- kernel 2.6.16
- gcc 3.4.4 and glibc 2.4
- Cell SDK 1.1
- OpenOffice.org 2.0.2
- FireFox 1.5.0 and Thunderbird 1.5.0
- Nautilus 2.1.4
... and a suite of Personal Accessories, Development Tools; Sound & Video, Internet, and Networking applications...
Definitely more than what I was expecting to be avaiable, especially with Firefox on there. I've got some of my pals telling me that Yellow Dog, or Linux at least has been compatible with SNES/NES emulators for a while. With BC and those emus, I could have quite a bit of gaming going on. Anyways, we'll just have to way and see how this all pans out.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 17, 2006 at 11:29 AM.
randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2006, 05:17 PM #1791 of 3592
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
30 DAYS LEFT.

That is all.
Rub it in for us in Euro land SOLDIER ;_;

FELIPE NO
Welcome to Silent Hill
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:47 PM #1792 of 3592
Oh, sorry.

Firefox on PS3? GodDAMN.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:05 PM #1793 of 3592
Ok, I just found out what Nautilus is. Seems like a file management system, probably goes along with Yellow Dog Linux, I bet.

Looks like you get word processing, a well known browser, email capabiltiies and a file managment system that looks kind of like a Mac's. Tons of functionality, and 2 browsers too (the default PS3 OS's and Firefox).

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 05:48 PM #1794 of 3592
GameTrailers has some new stuff up.

Here's a vid of the PS3's Flow: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...14108&type=wmv

Here's a vid of RR7 which the 360's version's got nothing on: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...14105&type=wmv

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2006, 05:13 PM #1795 of 3592
Ah, so flOw HAS changed a bit, albeit just graphically, and the background music is nicer. Good find, Slayer.

I am curious though if it's going to have a score, or end to it, or anything of that nature. I know that people like us are interested in it as an idea and everything, but the average joe schmoe might not get it if it has no definable goals.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Oct 17, 2006 at 06:16 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:30 PM #1796 of 3592
I think you just have to build up your plankton type of thing up to it's final form which I believe (or at least in the flash version) is by consuming everything in all 16 levels... but I could be wrong.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:54 PM #1797 of 3592
Several new shots of Ridge Racer 7:

Source
Quote:
Namco Bandai lets a few new pieces of info loose on the track.
by Chris Roper

October 17, 2006 - Namco Bandai today unveiled a bit of new info on its forthcoming Ridge Racer 7 for the PlayStation 3. In addition to new media, the publisher/developer also revealed a few new details on the game's customization features and three new machines that you'll be able to grip the wheel of.

The press release details four bits of customization options as follows:

Create the Ultimate Exterior
Players can choose from a variety of body kits, colors and decals to change the look of their machines, as well as a large selection of wheels.

Improved Performance
Perform engine tune-ups and performance upgrades to improve your chances in the extensive GP series.

Customizable Handling
Improve cornering performance by adjusting tires and suspension to customize drift characteristics.

Variable Nitrous
Various nitrous options are now available. Strengthen your normal or ultimate charge, increase the number of nitrous tanks, select auto-charge or reverse charge, or even use flex nitrous, which can be turned on or off at any time!

Straight from the press release, the three newly-unveiled machines are:

Centellee
The latest super sports vehicle from Terrazi boasts a 4000cc V8 engine, a top speed of 210mph and a handcrafted body, making this machine no match for its competitors.

Magnifico
With an extremely practical and luxurious interior, this powerful and sporty car possesses a drastically lightened body, an inline 2000cc 4-cylinder engine, and a top speed of 178mph.

Jujak
This high-tech sports coupe features multi-torque control for variable road and weather conditions, an inline 2700cc 4-cylinder engine and a top speed of 156mph. Jujak is the cutting-edge sports car.

Ridge Racer 7 is scheduled to release alongside the PlayStation 3 when it launches next month.

New PS3 shots:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma screens:

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 17, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:36 PM #1798 of 3592
Nice controller pictures, I can now see how the triggers would feel a bit uncomfortable.

Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:55 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2006, 05:55 PM #1799 of 3592
Sigma's looking sexy. I'm digging the focused motion blur on the sword in one shot, and the last shot's lighting is definately hot stuff.

I think we've sort of worn out the "nice PS3 photos" though... There isn't much more to show other than more angles, more backgrounds, and more fingerprints.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:02 PM #1800 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
Sigma's looking sexy. I'm digging the focused motion blur on the sword in one shot, and the last shot's lighting is definately hot stuff.

I think we've sort of worn out the "nice PS3 photos" though... There isn't much more to show other than more angles, more backgrounds, and more fingerprints.
About the PS3 shots, you're right. It's getting to the point where I'm as familiar with what the console looks like as I am with my PS2. All we need now is photos of the console in action, with various PS1/2/3 games functioning on it, screens of the BC, etc...

Pictures of what appears to be the updated XMB dashboard:

Source

"Install other System" (Linux?)

With PS2 Memory Card Adapter

Interfacing with the PSP "remote play"

Playstation Store

HDMI

Browsing Photos

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 17, 2006 at 09:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread