Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 22, 2007, 06:53 PM #4026 of 4284
Date: Feb 22,2007

Metal Sphere----Thanks.

Well I know that now. Now I will get that. But I just had my first encounter with Omega. The MFer is fast and deals 0ver 5,000 damage. I lost but managed to get him down to low power but he did kill me .

I need to figure out a good gambit system to counteract his speed and heal me when he uses that Berserk. I was getting so frustrated because when I would use the Reverse/Decoy Method it would be on for under a minute then fade away. On top of that: Reverse/Decoy would.... Miss....Miss....Miss....I am dead. WTF? I got the Arise down, thats No problem. Its basically the healing Berserk and his speed....WOW is he fast.

Ohhhh the hunt trophy is complete. Got something like ("forgot the name here" Morion) for all trophies. The only hunt I have left is Larvae Eater (Great Crystal) and cannot get him to come out. Anyone know how to make him spawn?

Today: Feb 23, 2007

WAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lol.....just beat Omega on 2nd try. Wasn't to bad, but did me in good, a few times, knocking me down and leaving me with 1 guy several time, ready to Arise my fallen character. What helped was that he didn't attack and let me revive my other 3 characters. .....I used Tournesol, Deathbringer and Masimune.

His Atk went up from 5,000 to 6,000 when his HP was low. Also I managed to get the Zodiac shield on the my first try.

But still I am in the Crystal trying to get my last hunt (Larva Eater). I believe I killed more than 256 monster in here. Just got to figure out how to make him spawn.

As of 1:41pm.....I just found the final rare monster known as "Larvae Eater." I am finally done with the Great Crystal and the rare monster Now, I am going to try my luck with the LV99 Red Chocobo (If I can get him to appear).

The hardest thing with the LV99 Red Chocobo is he is like Omega with the Speed but the Chocobo magic does 4500 to all parties instead of 1(like Omega).

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by LilGreekKid; Feb 23, 2007 at 01:46 PM.
Angry Willow
Carob Nut

Member 13707

Level 4.40

Oct 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:16 PM #4027 of 4284
Not sure if this is a spoiler, but just to be safe:

Spoiler:
God I swear I have the worst luck with this horrendous treasure system. I've been trying for the last 4 hours to get the damn Formalhaut. I know exactly where it is(where you fought the Antlion, there are two chests). I'm wearing a Diamond Armlet, yet it still won't appear. And apparently they appear pretty often and people claim to have a bunch of them.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? It's driving me insane. At this rate, I don't even want to try to get the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:57 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 07:57 PM #4028 of 4284
Don't even bother trying to get the Zodiac Spear from the Henne mines. You won't. Ever.

And I agree, the treasure system in this game sucks hard. All of the best equipment either takes hours of item collecting to make or is in a chest that has a completely random (or extremely small, or both) chance of putting out. I'd rather go play Catcher Chocobo all day long than try to get another Tournesol or Darkblade again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Feb 23, 2007 at 09:59 PM.
ZealPath
Moments in Love

Member 1926

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:17 PM #4029 of 4284
Think it took me 5 tries to get that Fomalhaut behind Antlion, I didn't wear Armlet either, who knows, maybe take it off and try again.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:25 PM #4030 of 4284
Take the Diamond Armlet OFF when attempting to get the Fomalhaut from the chest behind the Antlion. There's not that many in the game, but certain chests will never give you non-Armlet items when you have it equipped.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:54 PM #4031 of 4284
Hah, I find it funny you guys aren't having any luck getting the Fomalhaut, I happened to get it on my first try without knowing what's suppose to be in it.

I just beat the game, and I gotta say, this is probably the best final fantasy ending (that i've seen) yet.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:29 PM #4032 of 4284
Hah, I find it funny you guys aren't having any luck getting the Fomalhaut, I happened to get it on my first try without knowing what's suppose to be in it.

I just beat the game, and I gotta say, this is probably the best final fantasy ending (that i've seen) yet.
I got it on my first try too, the thing is, I didn't have the Diamond Armlet at that point so I didn't run into this problem. BTW, I couldn't agree more with your opinion on the ending.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Angry Willow
Carob Nut

Member 13707

Level 4.40

Oct 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:37 AM #4033 of 4284
Yeah, I finally got the Fomalhaut. I grabbed the Stone Shot while I was at it. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Now for the Tournesol. :/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:51 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 07:51 AM #4034 of 4284
Hey guys, I'm hovering around Lv. 45-46, should I go ahead towards the Pharos place/Mysterious island & all that, or should I make an attempt towards Lv. VI and up marks?

LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:09 AM #4035 of 4284
Yeah I got the Formalhaut also on my first try without the Armlet. I also found another Formalhaut in Cerobi Stepp (but had Armlet equpped).

Having a little difficulty if anybody can help me:
I have found and defeated everything in my Beastiary but I am not getting the Ba'Gamnan(in the Sky Pirates Den). In my beastiary, their are some that haves numbers right beside them. Do I have to clear everyone of those to get that Ba'Gamnan?

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:43 PM #4036 of 4284
Yeah I got the Formalhaut also on my first try without the Armlet. I also found another Formalhaut in Cerobi Stepp (but had Armlet equpped).

Having a little difficulty if anybody can help me:
I have found and defeated everything in my Beastiary but I am not getting the Ba'Gamnan(in the Sky Pirates Den). In my beastiary, their are some that haves numbers right beside them. Do I have to clear everyone of those to get that Ba'Gamnan?
Sounds like you're probably missing a monster or two that you've never encountered before. Find a bestiary list and go down the list looking at all of them, and check yours against it.

The game only shows you what you've killed, not what you haven't.

Hey guys, I'm hovering around Lv. 45-46, should I go ahead towards the Pharos place/Mysterious island & all that, or should I make an attempt towards Lv. VI and up marks?
Go right ahead. You're going to level up quite a bit in the Pharos anyway (it's a very long dungeon).

LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 24, 2007, 04:29 PM #4037 of 4284
Metal Sphere-----There is some that are in white. Some that, for instance Mandragoras at Phone Coast, they will have a #14 right next to it. When you kill another Mandragoras, it drops to 13 and so on.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 04:36 PM #4038 of 4284
Metal Sphere-----There is some that are in white. Some that, for instance Mandragoras at Phone Coast, they will have a #14 right next to it. When you kill another Mandragoras, it drops to 13 and so on.
Trust me on this one: You don't have to get every monster's secondary bestiary entry. I have like 10 Mandragoras to kill left and I have Order of Ambrosia & Ba'Gamnan. You're probably missing a monster you've never killed before or something.

Angry Willow
Carob Nut

Member 13707

Level 4.40

Oct 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:25 PM #4039 of 4284
Wow, the Sagittarius is turning out to be tougher to get than I expected. I looked earlier in the thread and I saw you guys mentioning a trick to get Sagittarius Gems with Foobars, but I didn't see any specifics.

Is there a way to do this easily?

FELIPE NO
LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:47 PM #4040 of 4284
Metal Sphere-----aight Ill check it out again.
Can you tell me if this is all the monster on the list:
http://www.ffxii.us/bestiary/index.php

Also, for the Gabranth, it says I need every fusion technique. Is that the mist chains like Torrent, Black Hole, etc? If so, I keep on getting frustrated because I keep on getting 4-4-3 .

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by LilGreekKid; Feb 24, 2007 at 10:50 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:34 PM #4041 of 4284
Wow, the Sagittarius is turning out to be tougher to get than I expected. I looked earlier in the thread and I saw you guys mentioning a trick to get Sagittarius Gems with Foobars, but I didn't see any specifics.

Is there a way to do this easily?

Equip everyone with Thief's Cuffs, go to Fog Mutters (the map that's just before Overlooking Eternity) and there are Foobar scattered about the map. One is right near the entrance in the dead end to the left. The next one is on that circular path further in. Once you loot and kill those, head back to The Slumbermead and loot the Foobar that appears.

Head to the save point map and then repeat. The save point thing is to head 2 maps away, reseting the enemies in F. Mutters. You should have the Sagittarius Gems in no time.

BTW, it's an awesome bow.

Originally Posted by LilGreekKid
Metal Sphere-----aight Ill check it out again.
Can you tell me if this is all the monster on the list:
http://www.ffxii.us/bestiary/index.php
Yeah, that looks like it's complete. Remember, you have to have all the Espers, killed all the marks, killed all the rare game and killed at least one of every monster in the game. Until that happens you won't get the bar full with the star at the end.

Quote:
Also, for the Gabranth, it says I need every fusion technique. Is that the mist chains like Torrent, Black Hole, etc? If so, I keep on getting frustrated because I keep on getting 4-4-3 .
Yes, every Concurrence. IIRC, here's all of them:

- Black Hole
- White Out
- Luminesence
- Ark Blast
- Windburst
- Torrent
- Cataclysm
- Inferno

Not in any order, mind you, though Black Hole is the strongest one (it looks exactly like Darkja). You'll just have to hang in there, it's a pain in the ass to get Gabranth in the Den. I think there's a good battle mechanics guide on how to increase the chances of getting the desired Quickening moves but most of it is still luck.

A good place to get them all is near the Nameless spring (Tchita Uplands). I think there's a save point there and a few enemies in the next screen (and the one before). Just run back and forth, touching the crystal for repeated attempts.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Feb 24, 2007 at 11:36 PM.
LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:51 AM #4042 of 4284
A good place to get them all is near the Nameless spring (Tchita Uplands). I think there's a save point there and a few enemies in the next screen (and the one before). Just run back and forth, touching the crystal for repeated attempts.
Yeah, I was trying that in Giza(rain season with the Blue Crystal). I managed to figure out which one I missed with the monster was "Garif." Now I got the Ba'Gamnan.

Another problem I am having is Larsa. I just checked license for all 6 of my characters and everything is complete but Larsa aint in my sky den? Do I need to go to every shop and buy the weapon, shield, magic, etc? b/c the only 2 I have left is Gabranth and Larsa.

Last edited by LilGreekKid; Feb 25, 2007 at 10:54 AM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:56 AM #4043 of 4284
Yeah, I was trying that in Giza(rain season with the Blue Crystal). I managed to figure out which one I missed with the monster was "Garif." Now I got the Ba'Gamnan.

Another problem I am having is Larsa. I just checked license for all 6 of my characters and everything is complete but Larsa aint in my sky den? Do I need to go to every shop and buy the weapon, shield, magic, etc? b/c the only 2 I have left is Gabranth and Larsa.
Yes, you need to get all the licenses in the game to get Rasler in the Sky Pirate's Den. That means gaining the LP to make the ability/etc available and then buying the licenses for them all. If you do it right you'll gain the Crystal and Vossler at the same time (All Magic & all technicks).

tyPops
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19761

Level 1.21

Feb 2007

Old Feb 25, 2007, 04:44 PM #4044 of 4284
Weather Change in Ozomne Plain

Hi Guys,

I finally get the cloudy weather appears in Ozome Plain! Appearently, the weather change ONLY STARTS after you finishes the 1st event at Henne Mines!

I have tried for over 100 times to get the weather changes in Ozome before Hennes but it ALWAYs stays sunny. And right after Hennes Mines, the weather starts changing.

I guess this is like Giza Plain's weather change only begin after you 1st visit of Erypt Village.

LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:58 PM #4045 of 4284
Metal Sphere----Just got the black Hole. All I need is White Hole now . I just beat the game and cannot wait for FF XIII for the PS3. Dude was way 2 easy. 3 Hits and his health bar was 1/2 . Same with Gabranth. I think Ill go back and get the Ambrosia and be done with it.

Last edited by LilGreekKid; Feb 25, 2007 at 06:25 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 06:35 PM #4046 of 4284
Hi Guys,

I finally get the cloudy weather appears in Ozome Plain! Appearently, the weather change ONLY STARTS after you finishes the 1st event at Henne Mines!

I have tried for over 100 times to get the weather changes in Ozome before Hennes but it ALWAYs stays sunny. And right after Hennes Mines, the weather starts changing.

I guess this is like Giza Plain's weather change only begin after you 1st visit of Erypt Village.
Wow, it was that simple? Goes to show how story-linked the environments and shops are in FFXII.

BTW, LilGreekKid, you can beat the game around level 40-45. So if you've done any of the high level optional espers or bosses or marks, that last dungeon is a breeze.

LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:40 PM #4047 of 4284
The the stuff I was asking you questions about, my 3 guys are LV99 and the 3 Girls I was working on raising the LV. Now they were LV43.

What I was getting confuse about (for aquiring every license), 1 site had Larsa: achieve every license. But when you said Rasler, that told me there was a mistake. The only thing I have left for Ambrosia is Gabranth and that White hole.

What actually happens when you get everything for Ambrosia and you go back to Montiblanc?

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:43 PM #4048 of 4284
The the stuff I was asking you questions about, my 3 guys are LV99 and the 3 Girls I was working on raising the LV. Now they were LV43.

What I was getting confuse about (for aquiring every license), 1 site had Larsa: achieve every license. But when you said Rasler, that told me there was a mistake. The only thing I have left for Ambrosia is Gabranth and that White hole.
Yeah, the character you get in the Sky Pirate's Den for all the licenses is Rasler. I think the title is Conqueror or something along those lines (the Crystal you get for all Magic is Runeweaver and Belias gets you High Summoner IIRC).

BTW, some websites have the requirements for Luminescence and White Out confused.

Quote:
What actually happens when you get everything for Ambrosia and you go back to Montiblanc?
He gives you the Centurio Clan Badge, proof of your having done all of that... and that's it. I would've liked if they gave you a little meeting like they did when you beat Yiazmat. Here's the screenshots I took when I got it:

Complete Sky Pirate's Den:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

LilGreekKid
Syklis Green

Member 18505

Level 7.71

Jan 2007

Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:54 PM #4049 of 4284
WOW!!! that sux....yeah I was expecting something more. Hey have you seen the previews for FF XIII? It looks Bad Azz. Its supposed to come out 12/1/07

If not check this out (Click the 2nd one):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game

Last edited by LilGreekKid; Feb 25, 2007 at 08:00 PM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:10 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 09:10 PM #4050 of 4284
Wow. I just finished the game, and Wow is the word that comes to mind.

Several impressions & notes:
Spoiler:

Vayne is very archtypical of a villain and I was not at all surprised when he 'transformed', although seeing him transform into his final form via CG Movie was a bit unexpected. Easiest Final Boss ever though. I wasn't even Level. 50 yet. Sure, he WAS a tough opponent, but I've had more trouble with some of the marks, rather then him. I like how he was all DBZ in his attacks.

It ALMOST seems to me that Vayne was a villain only because the story required a villain, I didn't see any real motivation behind his whole 'taking over the empire' (In fact it would have been better if his motive had been pure 'taking-over-the-world' mentality, instead of hounding in on Dr. Cid's "Release history from the gods" spiel. I like how I also have his haircut, only not nearly a dark a shade as his was. XD

The end movie was simply a thing is beauty and was refreshing that we got actual closure while still leaving opening for sequels (Revenant Wings, the whole Tactics universe), which is very hard to do.

Due to accidently reading spoilers I knew that Gabranth was Basch's brother, but it was still nice to see him take up his brother's mantle.

Question: If a year has passed between Baltheir doing the whole 'leading man saves the day' thing, and to where Penelo has this Gypsie outfit, howcome only NOW is the 'Corination' about to take place (In a month)? Seems a little too convenient or somesuch.

Something else that came to mind afterwards now, why didn't the Occuria come down and smack some ass on the humans if they were so hellbent on 'shaping human history'? I guess its just a suspense of disbelief thing. Once Venat disappeared or transfered himself to Vayne, the Occuria became a non-issue? Ahh well, just some thoughts.

One final note on the ending, unless I think of other details: Funny how one minute there was a "ZOMG TORNADO" and the next it was just "ZOMG TOWER OF AIRSHIP". They also confused me for a minute because they talked about the BahaMUTT like it was some sort of fearsome Esper, but it turned out to be a fearsome Air Fortress, still fearsome, but odd they way they talked about it at the top after defeating Dr. Cid.

I had a great time playing the game, and maybe next week when I have free time I'll head back to go after the marks and stuff (I particularly want to fight Gilgamesh and get the other Espers).

A couple notes about the game in general:

- I REALLY like the design of Archades, and I got a vibe of "Courscant from Star Wars meets Art Deco",
very unusual for a Final Fantasy game, much less the high-fantasy world of Ivalice, to feature such
a Modern looking metropolis. Every other place in the game looked like it would be there naturally,
but while Archades did fit it, it just struck me as a bit unordinary. Perhaps the designers really liked
the idea of the city and so thats why the place is so vibrant.

- The whole destruction of Nabudis and Nabradia was confusing and I don't think
they explained it well enough in the beginning. Only when Reddas confessed to being
behind the city's destruction did it make sense.

- Squeenix seems to like the idea of either "1000 Years" or "2 Years" later on, as Advent Children
is two years after FFVII, and DoC 3 years (1 year after AC), and FFX-2 is 2 years after FFX, and
the opening of FFXII takes place 2 years before the game-proper (Meaning not the tutorial section).
1000 Years is the time after the War of the Magi which is when FFVI takes place, and 1000 years after
Zanarkand gets destroyed, FFX takes place. Just something I noticed.

Also, are there any HIGH QUALITY screencaps or videos of the ending, including the drawings played during the Credits proper (I particularly got a giggle out of Al-Cid and his quad maids, as well as the Baltheir and Fran paired drawing) ?

Last edited by Dark Nation; Feb 25, 2007 at 11:22 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII