Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] BREAKING NEWS: KONAMI acquires IN THE GROOVE!

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:03 PM #1 of 5
BREAKING NEWS: KONAMI acquires IN THE GROOVE!

http://www.inthegroove.com/page/Press_Release

Press Release

October 18, 2006

Konami Corporation, developer of the Dance Dance Revolution(R) video dance game, and Roxor Games, Inc., developer of In The Groove(R) dance games, today announced the mutual settlement of the litigation between the parties in the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Texas. Under the terms of the settlement, Konami has acquired the intellectual property rights to the In The Groove(R) dance game franchise. It was further agreed as a part of the settlement that Roxor would respect Konami’s intellectual property rights.

About Konami Corporation

Konami Corporation is leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties, specializing in the home video game market. Konami Corporation's action and adventure titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Castlevania , among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. Konami Corporation is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the US and Konami of Europe in Frankfurt, Germany. Konami Corporation, the parent company of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM (NYSE: KNM).

About Roxor Games, Inc.

Roxor Games, Inc. is an independent developer of entertainment software for arcade, home console, and PC/Mac. A true garage startup, Roxor has grown from the original efforts of the two founders into a twenty-five person company selling video games worldwide. We owe our success to our fans and look forward to the continued production of new, exciting games, communities, and tournaments. Current information about new products may be found at http://www.roxorgames.com.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 09:29 PM #2 of 5
Damn, and I thought I would get to it first.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:33 PM #3 of 5
RIP dance games. Unless they allow the current team to work on ITG, if they allow the franchise to continue at all, then we can expect some rather lackluster releases in the future if DDR SuperNOVA is any indication of what their new best-attempt is.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 08:06 PM #4 of 5
So it finally came down to this~ I didn't mind ITG at all,
and a some competition in the Dancing game genre would have been
nice... But, oh well *_*''

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:16 PM #5 of 5
Now when will we see Dance Factory lawsuit ?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [News] BREAKING NEWS: KONAMI acquires IN THE GROOVE!