Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Game Center CX: Playing Games So You Don't Have To

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:00 PM 3 #1 of 11
Game Center CX: Playing Games So You Don't Have To

I've been meaning to make a thread about this for a while now and it's high time I got off my lazy ass and did so.

What's GCCX you ask? Why ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN WITH A BIG QUOTE BOX:

Quote:
Retro Game Master, known in Japan as GameCenter CX (???????CX G?mu Sent? Sh? Ekkusu?), is a Japanese television series where Shinya Arino, a member of comedy duo Yoiko, plays Japan's most popular video games (a majority of which are Family Computer games) and records his progress as he works through a time limit, usually lasting up to one day. He is supported by his Assistant Directors (herein referred to as ADs) and Staff, both via moral support and actual gameplay.
In short, it's similar to the Let's Play's you see floating around on the internet. What makes this one unique however is that Arino is sort of the anti-AVGN. Whereas AVGN plays games and gets mad as hell, Arino is extremely chill, often approaching the games from a more relaxed and humorous angle. He's played a bunch of games from all over that you'd probably be familiar with, like A Link to The Past and Castlevania III, to more unknown things (among non-hardcore nerds anyway) like Another World/Out of This World and Umihara Kawase.

Yes way! The show runs about 58 minutes per ep, and a lot of the folks over at SA have banded together to help subtitle the episodes and get people to watch. It's a seriously great show, I'd recommend picking at least one title you're familiar with to get a feel and then dive in to the rest. My favorites are probably the Umihara Kawase and Another World episodes. The episodes themselves are being subbed in random order, and there's a good overview of the show and all of it's episodes here.

EPISODE LISTING
#13 - Tokimeki Memorial [Megaupload]
#19 - Milton's Secret Castle [Megaupload]
#20 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past [Megaupload]
#22 - Final Fight [Megaupload]
#23 - Adventure Island [Megaupload]
#24 - Actraiser [Megaupload]
#25 - Quiz: The Fuedal Lord's Ambition Multiupload
#26 - Doraemon Multiupload
#27 - Super Mario 64 (Part 1)[Multiupload]
#28 - Super Mario 64 (Part 2) [Multiupload
#30 - Kid Icarus [Multiupload]
#31 - Umihara Kawase [Megaupload]
#32 - Contra [Megaupload]
#36 - Shadow Land [Megaupload]
#37 - Castlevania III [Megaupload]
#41 - Mighty Bomb Jack (Live Special) [Megaupload]
#49 - Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Goemon) [Megaupload]
#48 - Out of This World [Megaupload]
#50 - TamaGe in Korea [Megaupload]
#61 - 53 Stations of the Toukaidou [Megaupload]
#64 - Sonic the Hedgehog Multiupload
#65 - Cannes Trip LQ HQ
#73 - Lemmings [Torrent]
#80 - Kirby's Adventure [Torrent]
#82 - Megaman 3 (Part 1) [Megaupload]
#83 - Megaman 3 (Part 2) [Megaupload]
#86 - Punch Out!! [Multiupload
#96 - Ninja Gaiden II (Part 1) [Megaupload]
#97 - Ninja Gaiden II (Part 2) [Megaupload]

Most amazing jew boots

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Oct 10, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:56 PM #2 of 11
Also, the AVGN is sort of halfway decent at some games whereas Arino will literally die to the same bullet in the same place 50 times in a row, whereupon the ADs bail him out so he can die to a boss and then forget to continue.

If anybody else tried to make LPs while being as shit-terrible at all games ever as Arino is, it'd be infuriating. But CX works, somehow. It's like watching a adorably retarded puppy smack the controller with its face.

Also if you're like me and irrationally hostile to downloading videos This Guy has most of the same eps as in Tails' list, probably from the same subbing group.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:18 PM #3 of 11
Also if you're like me and irrationally hostile to downloading videos This Guy has most of the same eps as in Tails' list, probably from the same subbing group.
Yup, looks like it's all the stuff just uploaded to youtube, which is increidble considering they don't let people with newer accounts upload shit that long anymore. Thanks for the find~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:29 PM #4 of 11
I've been watching whatever clips that have been posted on youtube, and I have to agree: this show is pretty awesome/hilarious and totally worth the watch.

Also, his play-through of Prince of Persia is my favorite.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:44 PM 1 #5 of 11
If anybody else tried to make LPs while being as shit-terrible at all games ever as Arino is, it'd be infuriating. But CX works, somehow. It's like watching a adorably retarded puppy smack the controller with its face.
Oh, I guess you never watched one of Acer's game nights then.

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:18 PM 4 #6 of 11
Acer's incompetence is also acceptable because he can be yelled at

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:41 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2011, 11:41 PM #7 of 11
I have Retro Game Challenge, which is the wonderful little video game about playing video games that's based on this show. I'd heard the show was pretty good too, but I had no idea that anyone was subbing it. Just watched the Umihara Kawase and Out of this World episodes.

And man this is glorious. Even though this guy is horrible at video games, nothing seems to faze him at all. Been playing the same game for six hours? Time to remove the coat and put a cold compress on. And when he finally overcomes something difficult, only to die three seconds later, it's hard to decide whether to laugh or cry. (Okay, that was a lie. You laugh every time.)

Plus, watching a 500 year old woman be better than him at Metal Slug? Priceless.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:37 AM #8 of 11
Plus, watching a 500 year old woman be better than him at Metal Slug? Priceless.
was not interested until this. Torrenting tonight~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:47 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2011, 03:47 AM #9 of 11
Oh, cool. I had been interested in watching this from Kotaku, but I heard they edited out significant portions of the show and I was too lazy to go dig up the subbed versions of the original.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:11 AM #10 of 11
The SA guys are on a roll, with the Mighty Bomb Jack Live special and Goemon - Legend of the Mystical Ninja episodes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:17 PM #11 of 11
Aaaand two more! Milton's Secret Castle and Contra!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Tags
game obera

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Game Center CX: Playing Games So You Don't Have To