Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

GFF Balderdash: Signups, Rules, and Discussion

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:01 PM 4 #1 of 32
GFF Balderdash: Signups, Rules, and Discussion

IT'S BALDERDASH!

The rules are simple, but since this is an internet version, I've decided to tweak them to maximize fun and minimize lameness. The real game requires anonymity and doing the same thing here would require a shit-ton of PMs and a lot of work for whoever is organizing this. So, I've decided to take the anonymity out of it and go for the free-for-all "who cares let's just have fun" aspect of it that was popularized at the meet.

Every day, I or whoever the "leader" is will create a new thread. In this thread, the leader will post 5 categories: Words, People, Initials, Movies, and Dates. Here's how the categories work:

Words: What is the definition?
People: What is this person known for?
Initials: What do these letters stand for?
Movies: What is this film about?
Dates: What happened on this date?

Here's an example:

Words: Furuncle
People: Ralph Wedgewood
Initials: D.C.T.
Movies: What a Crazy World
Dates: July 14, 1990

So then, after the leader has posted the 5 categories, anyone who wants to participate can answer with whatever they want. Normally, the goal is to bluff everyone else and goad them into voting for your answer, but again, going for a more "who cares" approach. No signups required! Just come on in and post at your leisure! Feel free to answer whichever categories you want however many times you want.

If anyone was inclined to vote on someone's responses, the best method would be to simply prop the post! It's not required unless people really want to make this a competition, but I'm more for the spirit of free-for-all fun.

At the end of the day, the thread is closed and a new one is opened up with the next round of categories, and if we decide to do voting, the winner(s) of the last round. Ideally, a mod will let us create a subforum so we can keep it all organized.

That's it! Sign ups are for anyone interested in being a leader. I don't mind doing it, but there could be some days when I'm not around, and having a few other people to share the burden would be great.

I say lets discuss and iron out any potential kinks for a few days and then we can get started mid-week. I have a good amount of cards transcribed on my computer so we have enough to get us through at least 50 rounds of Balderdash before I run out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:45 PM 2 #2 of 32
It'd be cool if we could get that sub-forum and have everyone's names changed to anonymous within that sub-forum. I think some of the answers were more hilarious because they came from completely unexpected directions.

I'm a little concerned about how the lack of booze will impact things, but I hope everyone plays anyway.

Dong crushed Thud.

(r.i.p. )

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:06 PM #3 of 32
I would love to play but I'm pretty busy managing Strangers in the Alps. Once that ends, I will be able to help out with Balderdash.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:11 PM #4 of 32
It doesn't sound like it's very involved. You post a bunch of bullshit loosely related to five categories once a day. It's borderline resurrection of The Street. C'mon.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thud.
Michael J. Floppies

Member 31527

Level 14.90

Aug 2008

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:13 PM #5 of 32
Sprout. You're destroying me today with hard laughter.
Radez. You're destroying me today with hard dong.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:23 PM #6 of 32
That sub-forum username thing would be fucking great. Is that even possible? Perhaps Ralph Wedgewood has the answers.

In the meantime, we can Diddle Ceres' Tits.

Most amazing jew boots
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:28 PM #7 of 32
We might have to request prop limits being removed in that forum too.

lol CH2, that's us.

FELIPE NO
Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:33 PM 1 #8 of 32
That sub-forum username thing would be fucking great. Is that even possible? Perhaps Ralph Wedgewood has the answers.

In the meantime, we can Diddle Ceres' Tits.
Dave Can't Touch

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:39 PM #9 of 32
Sprout, if something were to, say... happen to the Initials cards including a "P" I don't think anyone would have a problem with that

I mean it would be a sad accident

But we'd get over it

Also, oops, I have dropped a $100 bill

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:07 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2009, 03:07 PM #10 of 32
My vagina is gushing with heating fish pool goo in excitement.

How ya doing, buddy?
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:42 PM #11 of 32
Ooooohoho, hell yes. Sweet, hot Boulderdash action is exactly what I'm lacking in my life. Bringing Boulderdash back to CT has been a godsend for me and my friends, since now, I've trained them to twist any acronym into a disgusting, profane statement. It's great!

drowning cunt termites

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:08 AM #12 of 32
I'd definitely be up for some of this! I could probably join in as a leader here and there, on occasion.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:57 PM #13 of 32
The subforum has been created, thank you Crash!

Right now I'm trying to iron out a few more details (anonymous posting, etc.) and after that is settled, we'll start this up!

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:52 PM #14 of 32
A question. Is there any need to alternate leaders? The leader just posts a new thread with the categories right? And sprout, you have all the cards?

Wouldn't a rotating leadership just introduce delays between our orgies of acronym twisting?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:34 PM #15 of 32
It's less a rotating leadership and more a backup thing in the event that I can't make a new thread. I don't anticipate this happening often but it would be nice to make this a daily event.

FELIPE NO
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:50 PM #16 of 32
How can we tell who's posting new threads anyhow, since all posts in the Balderdash forum are anonymous anyways?

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:49 PM #17 of 32
We'll be able to tell who's posting once the thread is locked. 9 times out of 10 it's going to be me, but sometimes I may ask someone to take the reigns for a little while.

ALSO!

A big thank you to CHz who has made our dreams of anonymity come to life. Tomorrow, we will start, so keep your eyes peeled for the first set of ridiculousness!

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:31 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 01:31 PM #18 of 32
I just discovered rather a large hole in your anonymous subforum. Propping a post lets you see who made it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:48 AM #19 of 32
There's also the fact that when Sprout's post was the newest in Mom's Basement, it showed his name on the front page.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:02 AM #20 of 32
It showed up as "anonymous" for me in the "5 latest posts," which I guess is a little more important considering that actually shows the content of the post.

As CHz warned me, it's not an air-tight system. We're gonna have to rely on the honor system for this to work, but really, you don't gain anything by peeking at who posted what. It dulls the surprise element in the end for you, so, it's your loss if you choose to peek.

Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:06 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 01:06 PM #21 of 32
Awesome awesome. This is great, Sprout.

I can take up thread creation duties, too. We can rotate days or weeks, however you want to do it.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:13 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 10:13 AM #22 of 32
Don't know I need to post, but I'm in.

Work just got a wee bit more interesting.

Most amazing jew boots
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:35 PM #23 of 32
I actually like that you can see who it was immediately after propping. Then you can be all <3 at them.

FELIPE NO
Thud.
Michael J. Floppies

Member 31527

Level 14.90

Aug 2008

Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:01 PM #24 of 32
I love that Puck and I propped each others at the same time while at different apartments. This turned out pretty brilliantly. <3 Sprout.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:00 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2009, 02:00 PM 2 #25 of 32
Quote:
July 30, 1947: They Saved Hitler's Brain, and on this date they made their first attempt to revive it.
1. Briefly apply electric current

2. Submerge in liquid protein

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement > GFF Balderdash: Signups, Rules, and Discussion