Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Wii Discussion Thread: Lukage is a whiny prat

Old Nov 13, 2007, 02:32 PM 4 #1 of 56
Wii Discussion Thread: Lukage is a whiny prat

So there's this thing called the Wii. I hear rumor that it has new games and old games from your Intellivision.

At night it'll glow blue and turn into some sort of gay Transformer that does jumping jacks and only jumping jacks. But that's okay because it only costs a penny to make so it's like a million times profit even sold at $10.99 on Amazon.com.

You use some sort of piece of chalk and a dog leash to perform light saber battles, so it's alot like MacGyver meets Muppet Babies imagination time. Gonzo still doesn't get Piggy, and really why does a toddler have such a sexual attraction to a piglet anyway? That can't be healthy.

Speaking of healthy there's a game coming out that comes with plastic pom-poms that connect to the bottom of that piece of chalk which are also made of chalk even though I just said they're plastic. Nintendo is pretty amazing like that. Right, so apparently this wonder chalk material cures cancer and brings people back from the dead but since this cheerleader game has even more chalk it'll also give you an instant six pack and a boner. "It's a really great boner too!" said an inside source who wishes to remain nameless.

Yeah, so given this exciting information the Wii is what this thread is about. Discuss. Discuss.

Hey, look, I found Donkey Kong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:49 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 01:49 PM #2 of 56
A... A Wii Discussion thread? Why... what a rare occasion! Well since no one's reported this in the forums (I'm guessing everyone has read it on the internet), I shall do the honors of posting some new Wii news to add to this promising (and hopefully long-lasting) Wii thread!

---Photo Channel Updates in December---
"Official Nintendo Schmizzles and Shebangs"

For the lazy:
1) Apparently Nintendo will be taking out MP3 compatibility for AAC files (aka MP4 or .m4a files). Now while that's awesome for audiophiles, who the hell uses MP4/AAC? Oh wait, iTunes. In any case, it shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps if you'd want, there's probably a MP3 to MP4/AAC converter out there anyways.
2) Audio playback can now be in random order (wondering why they didn't do it in the first place :P).
3) You can customize the Photo Channel icon with your own photo on the Wii Menu.
4) Wii's sold from early December onwards will have AAC compatibility from the start. Those who have it before will be able to download it.

So pretty minor stuff really, but they're updates nonetheless!

*edit* Now the Check Mii Out Channel has it's own thread *edit*

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by chaofan; Nov 13, 2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Check Mii Out thread now exists!
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:36 PM #3 of 56
So what exactly is the point for console discussion threads?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:23 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2007, 11:23 PM #4 of 56
Updates to the console, such as yesterday's Check Mii Out channel and the inevitable bitching about how there won't be real storage support for things like the recently-announced 40MB WiiWare games.

<3 Acer

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:27 PM #5 of 56
My Wii got fried, so I can't check out the new Mii channel yet, or Mario Galaxy. Another sad week for the Virtual Console, so I'm not too heartbroken.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:28 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2007, 11:28 PM #6 of 56
My Wii got fried, so I can't check out the new Mii channel yet, or Mario Galaxy. Another sad week for the Virtual Console, so I'm not too heartbroken.
Actually last week Super Mario 3 came out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:35 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 02:35 PM #7 of 56
So everyone can hide in them and make snide comments about other people in the office.

"Did you see Three Sixty from accounting? Woooow puttin' on some weight!"
"I can't believe you went there! Oh you. Oh, oh, man. Neo Geo Pocket hasn't done anything all day, what a SLACKER"
"I haven't seen him do anything for a while now actually.. oh God he's dead!"
"Probably because he was so fat LAUGH OUT LOUD"
"You're in the zone! Let's furiously masturbate over totally useless things!"

Here's some news! America gets screwed over with cardboard cases for Link's Crossbow Training while PAL regions get a proper case. It's Wii Sports round two ahuauhauhahuaHUAUHAUHWUHAUHAHUWHUAHUA

FELIPE NO
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:37 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2007, 11:37 PM #8 of 56
America isn't even told yet when the game is coming out, not that we can reserve it or anything.

GameStop says "Well, we were told it might be available a few days after Resident Evil. Resident Evil comes out tomorrow."

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:52 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2007, 03:52 PM #9 of 56
I'm taking that you were writing at the same time I did, so you missed an example of what these threads are for . Firmware updates, channel updates and other system related news goes here, if I'm correct.

As for the Photo Channel update, I'm a little disappointed for taking the MP3 compatibility away but I'm betting there a way to convert MP3s into MP4/AAC files. Of course, a simple Google/GFF search is all to do this I need but having to convert my library of MP3s is going to be a hassle (though I probably don't need to convert all of it... just the ones good for photo slide-shows. No whining for me then).

Actually, does anyone on GFF use the photo channel apart from me?

Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:31 AM #10 of 56
I don't really get why Nintendo is replacing mp3 with aac. They should just use both formats. Options = better.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:23 AM #11 of 56
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:54 AM #12 of 56
I don't really get why Nintendo is replacing mp3 with aac. They should just use both formats. Options = better.
That would be optimal, but does anybody actually use the photo channel to listen to music? If I wanted to listen to music, I'd be lazy enough to just use Orb streaming or something, which works VERY well, from my experience.

I suppose if you used slide shows, then this might be an important feature, but converting to AAC is quick and painless.

But I do agree, Having the option is always better than using just one.

That's pretty badass, unfortunately, I'm not in Japan. -_-

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:59 AM #13 of 56
That's beautiful.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:33 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2007, 07:33 PM #14 of 56
Oh, motherfuck. I've been waiting for info on those controller replicas. Hopefully this means they're on their way AND they'll eventually release them in Europe as well

Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:36 PM #15 of 56
Club Nintendo only. NOA and NOE hate you and the money you give them for games.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 01:12 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2007, 02:12 AM 2 #16 of 56
Originally Posted by chaofan
Of course, a simple Google/GFF search is all to do this I need but having to convert my library of MP3s is going to be a hassle (though I probably don't need to convert all of it... just the ones good for photo slide-shows. No whining for me then).
Again, iTunes will do it for you. I know winamp plays AAC, so I'd guess that can too. I actually highly recomend you convert your whole library. I did last year or so, selected all more music that was stored as mp3 and have iTunes compress them all to 128kb aac. You wont beleive this but despite most of my library already being AAC, I actually saved around 2 gigabytes of space, which is handy for a laptop user like myself. I have about 3000 songs currently as AAC, they clock in at 10.3 gig.

I find it bizarre that they would REMOVE support for mp3s altogethor. I mean, adding m4a support is a big plus for me as it saves me having to convert to mp3 but actually removing mp3? Stupid. And what is this going to mean for the handful of games that allow custom soundtracks?

Old Nov 16, 2007, 02:28 PM #17 of 56
I don't know if this will affect Excite Truck or any other game that plays MP3s off the SD card since it may not be relying on the Wii's firmware. It will be affecting the Photo Channel for sure which is pretty retarded.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:32 PM #18 of 56
RAB, you transcoded your ENTIRE mp3 library? Ugh quality loss.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 01:35 PM #19 of 56
Just posting to remind everyone about the Toys R Us "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" deal on Wii games from today until Wednesday (11/21). IT WORKS ONLINE, TOO, IF YOU DON'T SEE GAMES YOU WANT IN-STORE (but then you pay shipping).

I picked up quite a haul, since the games come out to $33.33 each plus tax, and I used the $25 gift card I got from buying Super Mario Galaxy there last week.

Super Mario Strikers: Charged
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Excite Truck
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

There might be some good games left if you go check.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Nov 18, 2007 at 01:41 PM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:38 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 04:38 PM #20 of 56
Oh, motherfuck. I've been waiting for info on those controller replicas. Hopefully this means they're on their way AND they'll eventually release them in Europe as well
NoE releasing stuff? Tee hee! You could always get one of these! =')

Quote:
Add a SNES port to your Wii! Use your own SNES controller to play Virtual Console games the way it was originally designed. Authentic gameplay unmatched with other controllers. Get 2 or more RetroPorts to play multiplayer games with friends.

* Authenticity of original controllers with the simplicity of Wii
* Plugs directly into the GameCube ports
* No drivers to install or update
* Use with any Virtual Console or GameCube game
* Also works on Nintendo GameCube systems

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:42 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 12:42 AM 1 #21 of 56
I did last year or so, selected all more music that was stored as mp3 and have iTunes compress them all to 128kb aac.
That is fucking disgusting. I hope you never in a million years share that shit with anyone.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:33 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 02:33 AM #22 of 56
Just posting to remind everyone about the Toys R Us "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" deal on Wii games from today until Wednesday (11/21). IT WORKS ONLINE, TOO, IF YOU DON'T SEE GAMES YOU WANT IN-STORE (but then you pay shipping).

I picked up quite a haul, since the games come out to $33.33 each plus tax, and I used the $25 gift card I got from buying Super Mario Galaxy there last week.

Super Mario Strikers: Charged
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Excite Truck
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

There might be some good games left if you go check.
Just tossing out that the B2G1 deal also works (online) on pre-orders as well, so you could toss in SSBB or whatever the heck you want. Better hurry though, since the website is already out of stock on some popular games (Super Paper Mario, Zak and Wiki, etc) and there's no guarantee it'll be back in stock by deal's end.

Also, for some curious reason, Assassin's Creed on the 360 works with this deal.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:37 AM #23 of 56
Yeah, last night I ordered Metroid Prime 3, Trauma Center: New Blood, and SSBB.

Hopefully, they'll ship separately without charging me more each time. If they ship together, this will royally suck.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 03:51 AM #24 of 56
Can anyone recommend me another two games?

I wanna get Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, but what else is good out there?

Given that Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is in stores tomorrow, I might pick that up along with it... Maybe Fire Emblem, but I dunno.

Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:36 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 11:36 AM #25 of 56
Zelda ocarina of tiem.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Wii Discussion Thread: Lukage is a whiny prat