Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Problem with video playback =\

Mimi-kun
Carob Nut

Member 943

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 01:40 PM #1 of 4
Arrow Problem with video playback =\

I've been having a strange problem with some of my video files on a computer that's set up to display on my TV. The files play fine on my main computer, and they've got they're using the same codecs (defiler pak) but the other computer keeps showing weird green bars on the top and bottom of the screen and a mirror image of the video playing. I've tried getting rid of the problem by using different media players, but WMP, MPC, and VLC all have the same problem.

The odd thing is, that when I connect to the TV computer with my main computer via remote desktop, the videos seem to play fine. Anyone know what can be causing this problem?

How ya doing, buddy?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 02:15 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 03:15 PM #2 of 4
Not familiar with whatever you're trying to set up, but it does sound like a compatibility issue. Maybe something about PAL/NTSC? Check video cables and video card drivers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Mimi-kun
Carob Nut

Member 943

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 10:03 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 08:03 AM #3 of 4
I was fearing it would be a video card issue. The computer I'm using as my media center is using on-board video which isn't cutting it since even Windows Media Center won't run properly due to it. I didn't think I would have PAL/NTSC issues since the videos play fine with my other computer.

I'm guessing my only option is to try to find a decent/cheap form factor video card.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 04:15 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 03:15 PM #4 of 4
Onboard video sux.

You can easily pick up a card that will work well for you for under $50. It will help quality a hell of a lot.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Problem with video playback =\