Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 05:40 PM #151 of 422
Does it say anywhere what type of painkillers these were? I don't like TO at all, but I really don't think he tried to committ suicide. He was probably in a lot of pain from all the injuries he's had over his decade or so in the league, and simply overdid it. I find it hard to believe that he would attempt suicide solely to garner more attention, anyway.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sosei
SATA ANDAGI!

Member 13167

Level 6.41

Sep 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:56 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 06:56 PM #152 of 422
Apparently the official release of the police report - several hours after the first release - was done in haste.

Originally Posted by Mercury News
When, several hours later, police officially released the document, much of its earlier content had been blacked out. Deleted were such phrases as "attempting suicide by prescription pain medication" and "drug overdose," as well as a description of Owens' having two pills pried from his mouth.
http: //tinyurl.com/qsaxf

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Currently Watching:
D.Gray-man, Red Garden, DESU NOTO | Suggest something?
Currently Playing:
Disgaea 2 <3
Character of the Moment:
Osaka!
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 07:04 PM #153 of 422
It's sounding more and more plausible now, what with the fact that his girlfriend or fiance left him. We'll never really know for sure.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 04:27 PM #154 of 422
Who really cares?? as long as he plays well on Sundays and helps Dallas win, he can keep on taking pain meds.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 02:47 AM #155 of 422
Lot of potential blowouts this week.

Well, in the more interesting match-ups, I'll go with San Diego over Baltimore (San Diego's first opponent worth a damn, but Baltimore last week against the Browns was just plain messy - they should play harder to make up for it), New England just over Cincinnati (provided Brady is over the Post-Deion Blues, that is), and Seattle over Chicago (with a chance of the Bears playing spoiler - if Seattle's still riding the high of trouncing New York's defense, they could be in for a hangover).

That's my take, anyway.

Most amazing jew boots
DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:17 AM #156 of 422
This is do or die week for the Ravens...As Ray Lewis put it, a win this week could prove we are the best team in the AFC. San Diego is a great team, but I have confidence our defense can dismantle them...The game will depend on how fast we can get into their heads.

Still...A win probably puts us in the playoffs. A loss only drops us to 3-1. I like that set-up myself.

Heh, my picks are just the opposite of Sonic's...The other games should be fairly close, but I like Chicago's defense vs an Alexander-less Seattle and Cincinnati would be my favorite team overall if they weren't in the Raven's division. They're firing on all cylinders right now and I don't think NE can knock them off right now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 03:08 PM #157 of 422
What a great ending to that game. I can't believe it doesn't show at my college. Safety, followed by a drive against the "best" defense in the league for a game winning touchdown. Then we sack their unsacked QB to end the game. I like it.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 03:37 PM #158 of 422
The Ravens are a scary team. With that defense, and finally getting a QB who can go out and win games, they're going to be an interesting team to watch out for you. I was expecting the Chargers to win today but I was dead wrong on that pick.

Carolina looks to be getting things back in order. We're back to .500 now and only one game out of first place. I'm just glad to have Steve Smith back on the field. Not only that, our running game is starting to come together too, which could be attributed to Smith as well. It got a little dicey there at the end today against the Saints but we were able to pull it out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 03:37 PM #159 of 422
That was close...Didn't think we were going to pull it out. Then 12 yards rushing. Small completion. Mix in a penalty or two. HEAP! Sack. Win.

Guess...we're the best in the league now? According to Ray Lewis at least...

FELIPE NO
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 04:21 PM #160 of 422
Originally Posted by GoldfishX
That was close...Didn't think we were going to pull it out. Then 12 yards rushing. Small completion. Mix in a penalty or two. HEAP! Sack. Win.

Guess...we're the best in the league now? According to Ray Lewis at least...
Uh...

The Colts are 4-0 as well. And the winner of the Chicaogo vs. Seattle game will be 4-0 also.

Most amazing jew boots
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 04:31 PM #161 of 422
Talk to Ray Lewis. He said it...

Actually, I remember last year we played the Colts in the season opener (SNF or MNF...one of the two) and could've won the game if we had been able to generate any offense (see: Kyle Boller was our QB). Our defense actually shut Manning down pretty well...They just ended up playing, like, 40 minutes and Indianapolis finally broke through. In hindsight, we've gotten a lot better and the Colts have gotten a bit worse. Would be a close game.

bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 06:49 PM #162 of 422
That's the Cowboys team i wanted to see. yes, their opponent was horrible, but the Cowboys were hitting on all cylinders. Julius looked great, Bledsoe was hitting his receivers and the defense played very well. i'm very happy going into the Philly game next week. T.O. and Terry Glenn wil run circles against an overrated secondary!

Redskins still suck (how the hell they beat the jags??? what the hell.....)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 06:12 PM #163 of 422
Originally Posted by bighunt
Redskins still suck (how the hell they beat the jags??? what the hell.....)
Because Santana Moss is one of their best players.

Most amazing jew boots
SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 11:43 PM #164 of 422
OK, en route to bed (early for me), I decided to try some picks again and improve on last week's 1-2 performance. Only the trickier ones, now (i.e. no points for guessing who'll win in Indy vs the Titans)...

Philadelphia over Dallas - I'm going to go ahead and say that if Dallas focuses on trying to make sure Owens has a good stat day, it'll end miserably for them. The Eagles have to be expecting that to some degree, and furtermore Owens just isn't playing that well. Good yardage against Tennessee yes, but against Tennessee (oh, and no touchdowns, at that). Bledsoe-Glenn is working much better, but the Eagles defensive line is not the Titans defensive line, and Drew should expect to get plenty of grass stains on his pants.

San Diego over Pittsburgh - Statement time. San Diego put the game on their defense and got burned, and Pittsburgh has had two weeks to get the rust out of their QB and special teams. I honestly don't think Ben will be himself for at least a few weeks more (or longer, if he gets injured Simms-style), and with effective clock-milking, the Chargers could do much to keep him, and their own defense, off the field.

Baltimore over Denver - I don't consider Denver to be a great team, just an efficent one. They'll probably focus their defensive game plan around turning the new guy on the Raven O-line into a revolving door, naturally, but Denver has a habit of tuning out of their own games early, and as the last two weeks have shown, such teams are Baltimore's favorite dish.

DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:28 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 08:28 AM #165 of 422
Originally Posted by SonicPanda
San Diego over Pittsburgh - Statement time. San Diego put the game on their defense and got burned, and Pittsburgh has had two weeks to get the rust out of their QB and special teams. I honestly don't think Ben will be himself for at least a few weeks more (or longer, if he gets injured Simms-style), and with effective clock-milking, the Chargers could do much to keep him, and their own defense, off the field.
He is pretty likely to puncture his spleen, after all.

Anyway, it should be a fun game to watch tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Double Post:
It wasn't very fun.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE; Oct 8, 2006 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:18 PM #166 of 422
The Steelers are lacking fire and motivation.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:31 PM #167 of 422
Lemme do my best interpretation of a player on the Buccaneer defense...

"HIGH LEIK LEMME FORGTE HOW TOO TACKEL!"

Goddamn, at least Gradkowski looked good. As for the Steelers, I actually just got back from a cruise to Cozumel today, and I met some of the coolest fuckin' Steelers fans ever. One of em, which I had a pretty long conversation with, looked just like Bill Cowher. Not that it means anything, but just reinforces the fact that I have yet to meet a bad Steelers fans.

/suckthesteelersballs

FELIPE NO
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:35 PM #168 of 422
Originally Posted by BucPride

Goddamn, at least Gradkowski looked good. As for the Steelers, I actually just got back from a cruise to Cozumel today, and I met some of the coolest fuckin' Steelers fans ever. One of em, which I had a pretty long conversation with, looked just like Bill Cowher. Not that it means anything, but just reinforces the fact that I have yet to meet a bad Steelers fans.

/suckthesteelersballs
'Sup Reggie Bush and punt return magic.

What is with Tampa Bay's D?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 09:38 PM #169 of 422
Plummer STILL can't seem to get a 0 under the INT line. But looks like McNair is the new Jake Plummer. 3 INTs? No wonder the Ravens didn't get anything done.

Javon Walker has the potential to be a big threat. We just need to give him the ball more.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:52 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 07:52 PM #170 of 422
Originally Posted by BucPride

/suckthesteelersballs
Yeah, man, Steelers fans are incredible. And they're everywhere. I remember when I was about 13 going down to Florida to visit my grandma for winter break. It was in the heart of the football season, and the Steeler game wasn't on any of the local channels. This wasn't a problem, though, because we just went to a Steelers-fan-exclusive bar/restaraunt. It was so great seeing all these Steeler fans so far from home.

And I know I saw a bunch of Steeler jerseys and Myron's Terrible Towels in the crowd in San Diegio. ='D

How ya doing, buddy?
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 10:07 PM #171 of 422
I actually had a bus tour come in Sunday with nothing but Steelers fans. There were a good group. Granted I saw them BEFORE the Steelers loss. ^^;;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:08 PM #172 of 422
Originally Posted by Sir VG
Plummer STILL can't seem to get a 0 under the INT line. But looks like McNair is the new Jake Plummer. 3 INTs? No wonder the Ravens didn't get anything done.
Meh, 1 was at the end of the game when it didn't matter and the one at the half was the fault of the receiver and Champ Bailey was just better there (I thought was a good gamble, since a TD right there would have been sweet). I'd call it all over again if I were Billick or McNair. The 4th quarter one was the ball buster though. That and that shitty punt. What was it...15 yards!?

I wouldn't read too much into this loss, since this was an extremely entertaining and tight game. With those weather conditions, anything could have happened. Carolina's next for us, so that will be an interesting test.

quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:23 PM #173 of 422
The punt was 10 yards.

I put that loss entirely on Jamal Lewis. We need to get rid of him, he is not the man he was 2 years ago. This Anderson character however has potential.

It was a very exciting game for the first half and a terribly disappointing one in the second.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:42 PM #174 of 422
Carolina-Baltimore is gonna be a good one I think. Even though the Ravens lost last night, they're still among the elite teams in the AFC. And the Panthers, now that Steve Smith is firmly back into the fold, seem to be back on track. Delhomme and McNair better watch out though because Ray Lewis and Julius Peppers are gonna wreak havoc this weekend.

I think it's clear now who the best team in the league is right now: The Chicago Bears. If Grossman is gonna keep playing like this, and putting up 20+ points a game, it's gonna be lights out. You might as well pencil them in as the NFC representative in the Superbowl. Most teams probably aren't gonna put up more than 15 points against that defense. But again, Grossman is the key. We'll see if he can keep these performances up or not.

Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 03:37 PM #175 of 422
Definately Chicago is an awesome team this year. I think they have great potential to win the Super Bowl as long as they don't slack off.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion