Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 02:37 AM #351 of 422
I swear the Chiefs game was near-scandalous...I mean, they must've been trying to lose. That's fine...Let's see Peyton throw some interceptions next week. Chris McAlister and Ed Reed will both be glad to take 'em to the house! Colts die next week...

Poor Romo...People in the Northeast hate Dallas too, but I was pulling for them just because they were underdogs VS last year's NFC champs. I won't shed a tear for them, but I was staring in disbelief well after the game ended. I mean, the game was OVER! Dallas had WON! And they LOST! Crazy shit...

FELIPE NO
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:00 AM #352 of 422
If the Patriots win Sunday, things are looking bright for the Ravens. We're playing a team notorious for playoff chokes at home with the possibility of having the Pats topple the Chargers so we won't have to travel to San Diego.

Superbowl prediction:

Ravens 31 - Saints 3

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hopeā„¢

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:37 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 07:37 AM #353 of 422
God.....that Cowboys game literally broke my spirit. I was supposed to go to the club and shit after that and I just....went home and went to sleep, it was so damn depressing.

The only thing I can say is.....maybe Romo comes back next year with some hair on his balls. He's for all intents and purposes a rookie QB. They make mistakes....even ones of epic proportions like this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:05 PM #354 of 422
Wow that was some ending in Seattle. Botched snaps seem to be the way teams are going out.. It costed the Bengals a potential playoff spot, the Giants a win a few years back and now the Cowboys.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:21 PM #355 of 422
Asante Samuel got another INT for a TD. Sass and I LOLed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:18 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 06:18 PM #356 of 422
Eagles beat Giants 23 - 20...believe it or not...another Football game this year, dependent on a field goal

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:03 PM #357 of 422

It's worth noting that, when setting up my bracket, I changed my mind about the Eagles-Giants and gave it to for the Eagles. So, after a regular season where the underdogs won 55% of the time, none of them win in the first round of the playoffs. Gamblers must be breathing a little easier, even if two of the games came down to field goals (one that was botched and one that was made). I feel bad for Tony Romo after watching that fuck-up, but then he should've tried a little harder to elude tacklers.

I'm not sold on the Colts just yet. They're going to Baltimore (where it's expected to be unseasonably warm but shitty weather) and the entire team has been heating up (including Jamal Lewis). Of course, I can't sell myself on the Ravens either (MCNAIR ). We'll have to see what the conditions are.

The only game I'm worried about is Patriots @ Chargers. I'll buy experience over n00bs and a shitty coach most days, but the Pats have been beaten by the run and, in case you hadn't heard, the Chargers have a record-breaking MVP running back in his prime itching to take his game to prime time.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Dopefish; Jan 8, 2007 at 04:36 AM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:18 PM #358 of 422
What's wrong with McNair? The guy's done nothing but win since coming to Baltimore. I have as much confidence in him as I would Brady or Manning (okay, REGULAR season Manning!). It's not like we need to put up 6 TD's per game...He gets the job done, even if his numbers aren't sparkling. Remember: He has a win over the Chargers this year.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:45 PM #359 of 422
What's wrong with McNair?
I'll let you know when he loses to the Colts.

FELIPE NO
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:20 AM #360 of 422
McNair has at least gotten to a superbowl, more than Manning can say to this point. If Manning throws 3 interceptions again, or makes too many mistakes, he won't be fortunate enough to be playing Trent Green who decided to play it too safe and avoid his receivers all day (granted, there were drops, but that doesn't excuse his performance). McNair has plenty of playoff experience, and he doesn't have to put it all on his shoulders. It'll be a tight game, but I like the Ravens in this one.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:22 AM #361 of 422
Man that game was too close for me. I knew it was going to be close though because Eagles Giants games are always dogfights. Next up we got a huge challenge on our hands. It won't be easy. It is the Eagles vs the world in this game. Everyone is pulling for NO because of katrina and because of the cinderella story.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:54 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 12:54 AM #362 of 422
Man that game was too close for me. I knew it was going to be close though because Eagles Giants games are always dogfights. Next up we got a huge challenge on our hands. It won't be easy. It is the Eagles vs the world in this game. Everyone is pulling for NO because of katrina and because of the cinderella story.
And becuase we're gonna win anyway.

wow, so many more emoticons since I left. :\/

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:28 AM #363 of 422
I'll let you know when he loses to the Colts.
We'll see...It will be a good game, no doubt. Not every week it's the NFL's best offense vs the best defense. This isn't Kansas City they're playing...

Eagles played solid...The Ravens killed the Saints pretty badly even with their "home field advantage", so that looks about dead even to me, much like Eagles vs Giants were. I'll pick... ...Saints by a field goal. Have to hand it to the Eagles for not throwing in the towel with McNabb gone. That'll be interesting to sort out in the off-season...Congrats if they make it to the Finals or better.

Best weekend of football: Coming next week! The worst game will probably be Seattle vs Bears and that's last year's NFC champs vs a 13-3 team still. That's Grossman's game to win or loss. I'm feeling upset there.

Oh, and I like Pats over Chargers. Give that one...Hmm, Pats by a TD and a field goal.

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Jan 8, 2007 at 04:31 AM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:31 AM #364 of 422
I can't imagine the Seahawks beating the Bears. It'd be like the Chargers losing to the Raiders.

(P.S.: Don't get me wrong; I want the Colts to lose. Colts vs. Patriots in AFC Championship = 7 days of "WAAAAAAAH MANNING VERSUS PATRIOTS AND HIMSELF WILL HE BREAK THROUGH?????")

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Dopefish; Jan 8, 2007 at 04:41 AM.
Tomahawk
Toma

Member 17600

Level 6.82

Dec 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:52 PM #365 of 422
I can imagine the Seahawks making it a close game, thanks to Rex being a fuckwad and throwing 3+ intercepts again, some returned for TDs. Seattle should really try giving their defense a little more time on the field and take the lead, then just rush with Alexander or throw to Branch for some big plays.

I hope that Peyton gets his ass handed to him by the Baltimore defense. Enough said. McNair is just doing too damn good this year (well, except the game he lost vs the Broncos ). Perhaps Peyton will make a new commercial after he loses, quoting "I suck" instead of "D-fence".

Eagles vs Saints ... I'm rooting for both teams because I want Garcia to have the best playoff game of his life, but I also want Drew Brees to have a good game as well. They'll probably set up Bush to be the decoy on the field a couple times and try throwing to Horn or screen to McCallister.

I'd have to say that with LT, the Chargers can win at any time in the game. Let's face it - LT has won several games by himself single-handedly. However, Brady being the veteran 3-time Superbowl winner, the Patriots will give the Chargers a run for their money. Oh yeah, remember that its Bill Bellachick vs Marty Schottenheimer. Marty KNOWS how to screw up playoff games like he's done in the past, but his players are still too damn good to allow the Patriots to take the lead late game by a field goal.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Tomahawk; Jan 8, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:14 PM #366 of 422
Both of the AFC match ups have me excited for the weekend. Colts v. Ravens and Patriots v. Chargers should both be good games.

NFC...not so much. I don't care for the Seattle/Chicago or New Orleans/Philly one. Maybe the latter a bit, but I'm not as excited to watch those two like the two AFC games. On that note, I'm pretty sure it's the AFC coming away with the SB win again this year.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:19 PM #367 of 422
Ooooh, if the Pats have to kick a late clutch field goal, there are going to be a lot of heart attacks in Patriots Nation. Gostkowski is not nearly as reliable as #4 was.

FELIPE NO
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 05:49 PM #368 of 422
Gostkowski is not nearly as reliable as #4 was.
To be honest, I doubt anyone ever will be able to fill his shoes.

Ryuu, the AFC games have me pumped as well. I'm looking forward to the Ravens D vs. Manning matchup. Should be extremely fun to watch. The Chargers/Pats should be interesting, particularly because Rivers will be making his first playoff start which could mean trouble for the Chargers.

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 03:01 AM #369 of 422
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q1y1za2T22Q

Pretty cool video of some guy who was at the Eagles/Giants game in the stands recording Akers' game winning kick.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:34 PM #370 of 422
Apparently both the San Diego Chargers and the Chicago Bears are hoping to achieve MAXIMUM HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE++ by limiting ticket sales to their respective divisional playoff games to people within a certain area surrounding the stadium.

http://www.boston.com/business/globe...out_pats_fans/

Quote:
Chargers shut out Pats fans
Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats

By Bruce Mohl, Globe Staff | January 10, 2007

The San Diego Chargers are trying to solidify their home-field advantage against the New England Patriots Sunday by restricting the sale of tickets to Southern California residents only.

Several Patriots fans who went looking for game tickets on Ticketmaster were stunned to learn that their money was no good.

"The San Diego Chargers have restricted sales to the Divisional Playoff game to residents of Southern California and the surrounding area only," Ticketmaster warned. "Residency will be based on your credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside of southern California will be canceled without notice."

Lynda Frank , a Patriots fan from Tewksbury, thought the sales restriction is unfair, if not outright illegal.

"Who do they think they are?" she asked. "Our reputation must have somehow preceded us and made us part of the fear factor associated with our team at playoff time."

Bill Johnston , a Chargers spokesman, said about 1,000 tickets went on sale Monday and sold within minutes.

"Our goal has always been to fill our stadium with Charger fans and supporters of the team. This also helps give our team the best home-field advantage possible," he said.

Johnston said the same ticket policy will be employed if the Chargers defeat the Patriots and advance to the American Football Conference title game. The hometown-fan-only restriction was not in place for regular season games of the Chargers.

The Chicago Bears also restricted sales to the team's game this Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks to fans from Illinois and northwest Indiana.

Greg Aiello , a National Football League spokesman, said he is not aware of how many teams restrict ticket sales to local fans. "There is no league policy that would prohibit it," he said.

Ticket industry officials said tickets are revocable licenses issued at the discretion of a team or venue.

Lawyers consulted by the Globe said such sales would be legal unless specifically prohibited . Excluding minorities or women from ticket purchases, for example, would raise legal problems because there are laws against discrimination of such groups.

Officials with the Patriots said they received a handful of complaints from fans about the Chargers' ticket restriction. Stacey James , the team spokesman, said the Patriots have never restricted ticket sales to their games.

"There's certainly logic to it," he said. "No team wants to fill their stadium with fans from the other team."

The only other option for Patriots fans wanting to see the game in San Diego is to buy tickets from a ticket reseller, but the prices are steep. Ace Ticket of Boston yesterday was selling $95 upper-level seats for $285. StubHub Inc. of San Francisco yesterday listed $95 end-zone upper-level seats for prices ranging from $214 to $295.

"Tickets are available. We have been getting lots of calls, and it seems to be a fair amount of Patriots fans are going to the game," said Jim Holzman , president of Ace.

Frank, the Patriots fan, said she doesn't think the hometown ticket restriction will do the Chargers any good because the Patriots play so well on the road. The team this season is 7-1 away from home.

Frank's prediction for Sunday? Patriots 35, Chargers 21.
I like how Ace Ticket is going to make an assload of money from this.

Anyway, it's a cute idea, since home-field advantage is really only limited to your fans and the noise level they can produce. Since there's an ton of Patriots fans out there, it probably won't impact the game too much.

It really ultimately shows that the team isn't worried if they don't have enough fans to fill the stadium and make it look like someone cares the Chargers are in the playoffs, just as long as they keep the other team from benefiting from it.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:50 AM #371 of 422
Some douche predicts a Baltimore-New Orleans Super snorefest.

YouTube Video

Here's what I predict as the order of most to least appealing Super Bowl matchups, BTW:
  1. New England-New Orleans (America's Team 2001 vs. America's Team 2006)
  2. Indianapolis-New Orleans (Peyton Manning first Super Bowl is against his dad's old team)
  3. San Diego-New Orleans (Drew Brees in Super Bowl against former team)
  4. New England-Chicago (Super Bowl XX rematch)
  5. New England-Philadelphia (Super Bowl XXXIX rematch)
  6. Indianapolis-Chicago (#2 AFC offense vs. #1 NFC defense, points)
  7. San Diego-Chicago (#1 AFC offense vs. #1 NFC offense, points)
  8. Baltimore-New Orleans (#1 NFL defense vs. #1 NFL offense, yards)
  9. Baltimore-Chicago (#1 NFL defense vs. #1 NFL defense, points and yards)
  10. Indianapolis-Philadelphia (#1 AFC offense vs. #2 NFC offense, yards)
  11. San Diego-Philadelphia (#2 AFC offense vs. #2 NFC offense, yards)
  12. Baltimore-Philadelphia (#1 AFC defense vs. #2 NFC offense, yards)
  13. New England-Seattle (Tom Brady)
  14. Indianapolis-Seattle (Peyton Manning)
  15. San Diego-Seattle (Philip Rivers)
  16. Baltimore-Seattle (umm...Jamal Lewis?)

I got bored with the last 7. I'm obviously not interested in seeing the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, and Philadelphia is not that exciting a team without Donovan McNabb.

Last edited by Dopefish; Jan 13, 2007 at 02:43 AM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:54 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 03:54 AM #372 of 422
Ooooh, if the Pats have to kick a late clutch field goal, there are going to be a lot of heart attacks in Patriots Nation. Gostkowski is not nearly as reliable as #4 was.
I probably will too. Most in my family have some nerves in pressure situations so no doubt he will. He can get through it though. I am nervous for him. I wont say he will be making such a kick, but I sure hope so. If they make it to the super bowl, he will have no doubt had to..

Some of my family say they are going to Miami if they go the Super Bowl hehe.

Oh he is cousin by the way on my moms side. Only 1 year older then me =p

I am happy he got 60,000 extra dollars for the two playoff games so far. Insane.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:40 PM #373 of 422
Ridiculous defensive game in Baltimore today. 6 TOs. 4 by Baltimore (though that last fumble by McNair really wasn't big in my mind as McNair acted/knew the game was over), and 2 by the Colts (Manning INTs again).

Vinatieri was best described by Dungy - "Money." 5 FGs.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:52 PM #374 of 422
Wow Manning actually made it past the second round of the playoffs?

Last edited by Wojo; Jan 13, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:56 PM #375 of 422
That was...winnable for us. We lost by a matter of inches (two balls were about to be intercepted by Ed Reed, but were deflected by Ray Lewis and McNair's first interception was close). And the refs blew 3 calls: A BS holding call on Ogden, they whistled Reed's interception dead when he was able to return it (and they WERE returning it) and there was clearly a late hit before that (I think on Mason) that should have been good for 15 yards. That stings, but keeping that in mind, I have no doubt we'd have won if a couple of those 6 things had gone our way because it was a close game.

We made a lot of mistakes and our offensive playcalling was...awful (that's twice Jamal Lewis has done nothing in the playoffs), but we were pretty much even with Manning the whole way (remember: he should have had 2 more interceptions).

Addai though...He's a good RB. He definitely dented our defensive line.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion