Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Battlefield 2

Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:25 PM #1 of 674
Battlefield 2

Hello all! I'm interested in who on the forum's play this game. I already know a few that do but it'd be nice to go into a server with a slew of GFFers and totally dominate.

Also, if your a regular player, feel free to post your current BF2 profile, rank, and favorite/most played kit. Krazy Taco has also brought this site to my attention http://bf2s.com/. I urge you to post your official profile too for interest sake. Mine are -

Profile: WanderingJin - http://bf2s.com/player/WanderingJin/
Kit: Medic

I'm currently at approximately 15,000 points. Only 5,000 more untill I get my First Sergeant rank up (that is if I get all my basic infantry badges in time).

This is of course also a place to share exciting battle stories and other BF2 related conversation's.

If the thread actually grows large I'll start editing this first post with the username and current rank of our fellow soldier's.

Soldiers Enlisted(No particular order)
Jinn - WanderingJin - Master Sergeant - Medic - Special Forces, EuroForce
Xfire Handle: wanderingroninjin

Freelance Wolf - Fuzzy FreelanceWolf - Gunnery Sergeant - Support, Assault - Special Forces, Euro Force, Armored Fury
Xfire Handle: freelancewolf

Krazy Taco - [CAD]KrazyTaco - First Sergeant - Engineer - Special Forces, EuroForce
Xfire Handle: krazytaco

Skexis - Skexis - First Sergeant - Medic, Anti-tank - Special Forces
Xfire Handle: skexis

StarmanDX - AxelrodGunnarson - Gunnery Sergeant - Special Ops, Engineer - (No Special Forces), EuroForce
Xfire Handle: axelrodgunnarson

Kamui - Waenn - Sergeant - Support, Anti-tank, Medic - (No Special Forces)
Xfire Handle: kamui34

Thalin - Thalin - First Sergeant - Medic, Sniper, Specials Ops - (No Special Forces)
Xfire Handle: thalin

SinisterX - Phasebeta - Sergeant - Medic, Anti-tank - (No Special Forces)
Xfire Handle: phasebeta

AniMechanic - [1MI]Gunmetal - First Sergeant - Jack of All Trades (Except for Spec Ops and Sniper) - Special Forces
Xfire Handle: chanic

Rock - Aerith - Gunnery Sergeant - Medic - Special Forces
Xfire Handle: hrimfaxi

XerxesTheMighty - [SoK]Xerxes - Sergeant - Assault, Support, Medic - (Special Forces?)
Xfire Handle: xerxesthemighty

garthvadr3 - [MDK]Garthvader - 1st Lieutenant - Medic, Anti-Armor - Special Forces, EuroForce?

Solis - Fuzzy Solis - First Sergeant - Special Ops, Medic - Special Forces
Xfire Handle: solisinvicti

Locke - LockeXavier - Gunnery Sergeant - Special Forces
Xfire Handle: stygarfield

Domino - Dominu - Staff Sergeant - Support, Sniper, Medic - Special Forces
Xfire Handle: javasix

Ayos - TheMason - Gunnery Sergeant - Special Forces, Euro Force, Armoured Fury

Sparhawke - Sparhawke - Gunnery Sergeant - All except Sniper - Special Forces, EuroForce
Xfire Handle: Sparhawke

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Oh shit.

Last edited by Jinn; Mar 10, 2007 at 03:13 PM.
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:29 PM #2 of 674
If enough GFF'ers start playing I could probably jump back in. I used to play BF:2 regularly. Im currently a gunnery sergeant and have all my basic infantry badges, also a couple medals. I play best as a support role, my aim is atrocious so fighting isn't really my thing.

My full profile

Summary:
Profile: [CAD]KrazyTaco
Kit: Engineer

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by KrazyTaco; Mar 2, 2006 at 09:48 PM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:50 PM #3 of 674
Man, I love BF2. It'd be fun to play with others. Here's my info:

Profile: Fuzzy FreelanceWolf
Kit: Support, Assault

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:04 PM #4 of 674
I started playing during the christmas break and I haven't really been able to put it down since. I started out hating it so much, but it really just took me a while to adjust to the vehicles, and play it more like reality (i.e. not trying to gun down everything I see, knowing when to run away, etc.).

I've just started getting good at chopper flying, and I'm great at combating other choppers and clearing out a bunch of ground soldiers, but not so much against planes and setting up my gunner for ground assault (like stingers and tanks).

Profile: Skexis
Fav class: My favorite is Medic, but my best for combat is Anti-tank, so I use it as a fallback. I've also started getting pretty good at Engineer now that I have both unlocks for it. The only class I can't do at all is Sniper.

Without trying to sound self-absorbed, I'm also really good at commander, as long as I get squads that pay attention to my spotting, and follow orders when I tell them to repair the tactical points like radar and arty.

I usually play at these servers:
Axxium 70.86.37.147 (I personally get really tired of wake island, especially with a 32 person max, but my friends all play here)
Texangirlz 70.86.74.28

I'm always willing to play somewhere else, as long as I can get a decent enough ping (70 or less).

By the way, has anyone else had problems with the VOIP not working correctly? I set it up and everything, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Skexis; Mar 3, 2006 at 11:47 PM.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:49 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:49 PM #5 of 674
I just started playing a few days ago, and man am I already addicted.

Profile: AxelrodGunnarson
Kit: Spec Ops, Engineer

We seriously all need to get on a server and form a GFF squad.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:23 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:23 PM #6 of 674
GFF squad representin'! It would be really fun. If people keep on posting then theres a good chance we'll have at least a good 6 person squad to play with.

I also wanted to say that if you have Xfire check out Starman's thread to add people who play BF2. I could also put people's Xfire profiles by their BF2 profile and rank.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Oh shit.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:54 PM #7 of 674
Ahh, do any of you have Special Forces? It'd be nice to know who has it so we can set up nice servers accordingly. Gotta love Iron Gator, yo.

I used to be an exclusive Assault player ever since the demo came out, and I fell in love with the awesome F2000 once I unlocked it. Great for long distance shooting.

However, ever since the newest patch just came out, I found myself unable to hit crap with the F2000 (why have you forsaken me?!), and I don't know why. I just wasn't good with it anymore. I tried using the Support kit and fell in love with it, so I'm exclusively Support now. However, I still go to Assault now and then, and I am finding myself getting back into the groove with the F2K.

My favourite maps are all the urban ones, Dragon Valley, Gulf of Oman, and Iron Gator. I really hate Kubra Dam and Daqing Oilfields. I'm not too fond of Zatar Wetlands either. All the other maps I didn't mention are merely okay.

FELIPE NO
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:08 PM #8 of 674
Ha, I thought I was forgetting something. Yeah, please state if you have Special Forces. That will be another thing I'll be adding next to Profiles and such.

As for the patch, as a medic it's been pretty nice considering you can throw your medic packs far as hell. I have noticed a lot of problems in the patch besides that though. Not only that but they've been delaying Euro Forces way too much. I wish they wouldn't keep saying they're going to release it, then coming back and telling us it's not ready yet. I understand they want it to work well, but come on! Quit teasing us!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Oh shit.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:26 AM #9 of 674
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
However, ever since the newest patch just came out, I found myself unable to hit crap with the F2000 (why have you forsaken me?!), and I don't know why. I just wasn't good with it anymore.
Yeah, they basically nerfed it too much. Not only was the blast radius reduced, but if you'll notice, there's now a kind of "arming time" on the GL, so if you're less than a certain distance away, it will just bounce off the surface until it hits something else.

They made it buggy, though, and occasionally it will explode closer, so if you shoot it at your feet, sometimes you'll die and sometimes you won't.

I have special forces too. I love Warlord, Sharqi, Daqing, Dalian, Mashtuur and the Airfield level, but I'm kinda indifferent towards the rest. I did like iron gator, but then I started getting frustrated with the constant back and forth on the points.

I think Special Forces has suffered the most with the patch, though. The Red Bug seems to surface more often for me in there, and I have to cut down the graphics just to be able to play it without slideshow. My friend also says that there are some levels that have been causing a crash bug, so that's just icing on the EA shitcake.

By the way, if any of you guys haven't seen this yet, here's all the stats behind the game: http://ubar.bf2s.com/

Last edited by Skexis; Mar 3, 2006 at 02:28 AM.
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:48 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 08:48 AM #10 of 674
Here's my link: http://bf2s.com/player/64617228/

Name: Waenn
Kit: Support, Anti-Tank, Medic

Don't own yet the Special Forces expansion. I like maps that are heavily into infantry fights such as Karkand. I used to play Anti-Tank a lot snce blowing up Armored Vehicle was such a blast but I find myself being more efficient in cutting enemy troops with the PKM. Nothing better than pinning down the enemy :P

Would love to play with some GFF people and mics. The game is such an awesome experience when payed with a squad that acts together and communicate.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:24 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 03:24 PM #11 of 674
Yeah I occasionally play. My stats are here http://bf2s.com/player/20051743/

Name : Thalin
Kit : Medic, Sniper, Spec-Ops

My Xfire name is Thalin as well.

Oh, and I don't have Special Forces. Anyone up for a game tonight?

Last edited by Thalin; Mar 3, 2006 at 10:27 AM.
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:33 AM #12 of 674
Although I have Special Forces, I have yet to re-install it after I had to un-install and re-install battlefield 2. Special Forces is extremely taxing on my computer it seems, namely around the night time maps. I could always try re-installing though.

SinisterX
Hmm...?

Member 278

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:09 PM #13 of 674
I don't play that often, but here is my info anyways.

My stats: http://bf2s.com/player/61698703/

Name: PhaseBeta
Current Rank: Corporal
Favorite Kits: Medic and Anti-tank.

My X-fire is phasebeta. During the weekends, I'm pretty much always up for a game =)

I don't have any expansion packs. So, no special forces =(

Quality thread, Jinn =)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:27 PM #14 of 674
I play fairly regularly.

Name: [1MI]Gunmetal
Rank 1st Sergeant (close to 30k score)
Kits: Everything but Spec Ops and Sniper (but mostly engineer right now, going for expert badge)

X-Fire: chanic

I do have Special Forces

Originally Posted by Skexis
My friend also says that there are some levels that have been causing a crash bug
They're probably talking about the Hummer TOW. I guess if anyone in then server fires one, the whole server crashes.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Animechanic; Mar 3, 2006 at 05:34 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:33 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:33 PM #15 of 674
Originally Posted by KrazyTaco
Although I have Special Forces, I have yet to re-install it after I had to un-install and re-install battlefield 2. Special Forces is extremely taxing on my computer it seems, namely around the night time maps. I could always try re-installing though.
Better than the luck that I've had with that game.

Kit: Assault
200+ hours XP, can't find my profile.
[PoD] Lukage should be my name
*Having trouble installing it again, EA thinks my system is bad, but its a load of crap. Working on replacing the disks.*

FELIPE NO
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:40 AM #16 of 674
My favorite online game right now.

Gunnery Sergeant Aerith: http://bf2s.com/player/46011578/

Kit: Mostly medic

I do own Special Forces, but I hate it. The maps are crap and the only thing it was good for were the unlocks. I'm playing classic BF2 most of the time and I'd love to engage in a GFF squad sometime ...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:43 PM #17 of 674
Originally Posted by Lukage
*Having trouble installing it again, EA thinks my system is bad, but its a load of crap. Working on replacing the disks.*
Let us know when you get that figured out and I'll add you to the first post.

Well, I'm glad to see as many people posting in here as I do. I rarely hear of people on GFF playing Battlefield 2 and I really didn't expect this thread to go too far. Anyways, looks like we have enough people for a decent squad now. I'll most likely play tonight for a good long while. From about 11:00pm - 4:00am central time. Hopefully some people are down to play with me that late!

Oh shit.

Last edited by Jinn; Mar 3, 2006 at 05:45 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:52 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:52 PM #18 of 674
Originally Posted by Jinn
Let us know when you get that figured out and I'll add you to the first post.

Well, I'm glad to see as many people posting in here as I do. I rarely hear of people on GFF playing Battlefield 2 and I really didn't expect this thread to go too far. Anyways, looks like we have enough people for a decent squad now. I'll most likely play tonight for a good long while. From about 11:00pm - 4:00am central time. Hopefully some people are down to play with me that late!

From the asshole's email:

Quote:
If you still have any trouble after this I would suggest warranty. We do not issue refunds directly, however we can exchange your game for a sealed copy that you can return to the store from which it was purchased. You can contact our warranty department at (650) 628-1900 to exchange your disk for a new one. To replace your software you will need a sales receipt dated within the 90-day warranty period. Electronic Arts warrants its software to the original purchaser that Electronic Arts' software is free from defects for a period of 90-days as stated in the manual. If the disk has been misused, or the 90-day warranty has passed, then a fee will be assessed to replace the software.

FEES:

PC: $13.00
PS2 and XBOX: $20.00

ADDRESS:
EA Customer Warranty
P. O. Box 9025
Redwood City, CA 94065-9025
Warranty #: (650) 628-1900
Warranty emails; warranty@ea.com

Please send the disk, a brief note describing the defect (including incident reference number if possible) and a sales receipt dated within the 90-day warranty. If a fee is applicable, please include a check or money order for the corresponding amount to replace the disk.
The game just.....stops working one day. 3 weeks of tech support talk, 1 OS upgrade (I loved 2000), 2 Hard Drive REFORMATS JUST FOR THIS GAME, this is what I finally get told. "Oh, your perfect condition game may be scratched."

We'll see.

Most amazing jew boots
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:04 PM #19 of 674
Uhg, I can't even express the frustration I've felt try to get ALL the Battlefield games to work.

Every fucking time EA just drops the ball. I say this because most of my problems with the games has been connection related IE thier fucking server problems. I was actually have problems with Battlefield 2 right when I got it. I would join the server then get automatically disconnected. I fucked around with it for awhile and just ended up unplugging my modem and plugging it back in. Strangely enough that took care of the problem and I haven't had any more yet (luckily).

Anyways, sorry to hear of you misfortune Lukage! I understand how frustrating EA can be at time's, especially if you seeking help from them. I can't see how your disk would be the problem but hopefully that works out for you.

Oh shit.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:09 PM #20 of 674
What server will that be? And what time will that be here in the UK?

Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:24 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:24 PM #21 of 674
Not sure what server yet but that's about 5:00am - 10:00am on your side of the planet. Heh, probably not the best time for you to play unless you work nights or something.

How ya doing, buddy?
Oh shit.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:26 PM #22 of 674
Damn, trust you all to be American.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:28 PM #23 of 674
So do we have any sort of accpeted voice program we could all use while playing. The BF:2 VOIP client, if it's even enabled on the server of choice, isn't the best one in the world, especially if everyone can't manage to get on the same squad. Someone want to set up a TeamSpeak server or something?

FELIPE NO
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:42 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:42 PM #24 of 674
Maybe we should start out by setting a date and time for a meeting in #gfchat, open a new room, set up TeamSpeak, decide on a game server and make sure that everything is working for everybody, because this will end in mass confusion and chaos if we don't organize properly.

Besides, us Europeans will have horrible (if not unbearable) pings to game servers located in the US.

I'm in #gfchat right now, so if anyone wants to join me for a game, just ... gong. Or send me a PM.

Most amazing jew boots
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:01 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:01 PM #25 of 674
Me and Rock are up for a game in a couple of hours. Anyone else want to join us?

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Battlefield 2