Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 11:21 PM Local time: May 16, 2008, 10:21 PM #151 of 595
Considering there are 2 seasons left, I don't think any of the main cast will be dead sometime soon. It will be a nice season finale, as sprouticus already mentioned it, it's been a nice build up. I'm not really sure on what to expect, but it should be good, I agree that the last episode was kind of weak, but definitely no the worst on this reaaaally short season.

FELIPE NO

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2008, 05:38 AM Local time: May 17, 2008, 11:38 AM #152 of 595
Spoiler:
I think Sawyer is going to die. Thematically, it makes sense. He's served his purpose, and he has completely arced as a character. There's nothing more for him to do.
Spoiler:
Yeah dude, like they would totally risk losing 99% of their female viewers

How ya doing, buddy?
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 01:14 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 06:14 PM #153 of 595
Spoiler:
nope he wont die just stays on the island

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but some speculation coming from last week...

The thing that was strapped to Keamy's arm...
Keamy:
I have a feeling it's a sort of "dead man's switch". Judging by Gault's reaction ["What's that on your arm?!"] and not shooting Keamy when he had the chance--I think it's something that will make the explosives on the freighter go off if he dies or gets hurt or something.
oh well spotted, hadnt thought of that but makes complete sense.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; May 18, 2008 at 01:17 PM.
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old May 18, 2008, 01:50 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 11:50 AM #154 of 595
No, I also believe that Sawyer will just stay on the Island. When Desmond gets blown to pieces, Sass will cry I'm sure. I just read this: Lost: A theory on time travel last night. It was posted on here from somebody else but if you haven't read it, you must. I believe it.

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 02:05 PM #155 of 595
They are FAR more likely to kill Sawyer than Desmond. I will put that on the line right now.

Desmond's entire story is being built on his eventual reunion with Penny. To put the kibosh on that would be suicidal. They would never kill off a character unless his or her arc and/or story was satisfied. This is the same reason I don't think Claire is dead. To deny her and Jack the scene where they BOTH find out they're related would be a huge kick in the pants to the audience. That's a scene we are ALL craving.

The only time they killed someone before they should have, in my opinion, was when they killed Libby and then showed her in Hurley's flashback. That was just plain stupid, since they set up something possibly big and then never spoke about it again. Also, I'm still raw over killing Mr. Eko, but only because he was a fascinating and amazingly badass character.

Everyone else who died had served their purpose. Believe me, I'd hate to see Sawyer die too. He always provides easy laughs and is fucking awesome in general. I just think that if we're going to see anybody die, and we usually do in a finale, it's going to be him.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 02:45 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 07:45 PM #156 of 595
Theory time.

Spoiler:
Sawyer could die OR stay on the island. Neither would make a difference. However, that "errand" Kate's doing for him = something to do with his daughter.

Jin dies in the explosion. Michael = fuck knows. Desmond's reunion with Penny is too thematically important not to happen.

Ben's "waking up in the desert in an Orchid jumpsuit" flashforward = happens DIRECTLY after - or concurrently with - the season finale's events.

Richard's test = reincarnation. (Buddhist themes are all over the place - what up, dharma?) Jacob is dead. Richard thinks Locke is Jacob reborn. However, this is clearly not the case. "The knife doesn't belong to you." Regardless, the Others clearly believe Locke has a special relationship with Jacob.

The Orchid = pretty powerful shit, obviously, as detailed above. "Moving the island" = obviously the island has already been shown to exist in some kind of environment independent of the laws of physics, so moving it = hardly unexpected given the show's standards.

Or... Let's think about another possibility - the Kahana's doctor washes up dead on the island before he's killed. Daniel realises exactly what's going down, but is choosing not to tell us because he's shitting himself with fear. The ep 'The Constant' has shown him to be knowledgeable in the field of time travel. He has a sketch of the Orchid logo in his book. Panics when he hears Ben's headed there. Orchid orientation video shows a bunny being 'duplicated' (occupying the same room as its future counterpart).

They're moving the island...
Spoiler:
THROUGH TIME =o
Spoiler:
Also Richard is a time traveler. Not an old dude.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Krelian; May 18, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 02:59 PM #157 of 595
We've all been discussing Sawyer's death as well. We (my friends and I) all figure they won't kill him off until near the end of the show. Like sprout said, he's served his purpose. It's a sad truth, but I am almost positive he won't last until the end of the show.

Des, on the other hand, has business with Ben I imagine. ESPECIALLY after Ben threatened to kill Penny. That's worth keeping him around, if you ask me.

But considering Des is down in the boiler room with the C4..... i dunno....

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 03:25 PM #158 of 595
But considering Des is down in the boiler room with the C4..... i dunno....
Well, it's not like there's a timer that says the C4 is going to go off in 3 seconds. There's plenty of time for a daring explosion-laden escape off the boat.

Michael WON'T die, since he can't, as evidenced by his episode earlier this season when he tried killing himself numerous times and discovered he couldn't.

I guess the only one who has a shot at death is Jin, considering all we've seen in terms of his grave stone, Sun saying he's dead in the press conferences and stuff, but I'm under the assumption that Jin's death is being covered up, so who knows.

Hey, maybe nobody will die. I'm most interested in seeing how they move the island. That's gonna fuck with my mind.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 03:50 PM #159 of 595
Michael couldn't die because he had a job to do. I'm hoping that job's done now, because I'm tired of having to look at all of his stupid tortured expressions. Nothing but contempt for the character.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 04:02 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 09:02 PM #160 of 595
Michael can die.

The suicide attempt survival thing was in the past. He's already helped out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 04:48 PM #161 of 595
Michael couldn't die because he had a job to do.
Ahh, very good point. I think I can move him up to the top of my "most likely to die" list now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 05:10 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 03:10 PM #162 of 595
I don't think Sawyer can die because in one of the FF's between Kate and Jack, didn't Kate say "we need to go back for him" or something like that?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 05:12 PM #163 of 595
I don't recall her saying that... I DO remember her saying something along the lines of her needing to fulfill a promise she made to him, though.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 06:13 PM #164 of 595
I don't recall her saying that... I DO remember her saying something along the lines of her needing to fulfill a promise she made to him, though.
James "Sawyer" Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Originally Posted by wikipedia
After Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sun, Sayid and Aaron leave the Island, it's revealed that Kate is doing an unknown favour for Sawyer, who, according to Jack, chose to stay on the island.
I forget the exact line, too. I'm assuming he's still alive, just on the island.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 06:35 PM #165 of 595
Found this on another forum, and found it interesting. Probably another coincidence, though, heh.
Quote:
Anyone else notice when the Oceanic woman is explaining in days, she mentions "Day 108". 108 being sifnificent to the hatch? and also the numbers, right?

The Plane crashed on September 22, 2004 - 108 days later is January 8th 2005.

08/01/05

How fun.

Also, I don't think Sawyer is dead. Or dies anytime soon. He's too good of a character to die.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 06:37 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 11:37 PM #166 of 595
I don't think Sawyer can die because in one of the FF's between Kate and Jack, didn't Kate say "we need to go back for him" or something like that?
No, Jack said "we have to go back [to the island]". Kate said "I have to go back [home] for him" - 'him' obviously being Aaron.

Sousuke - really, REALLY doubtful it's a coincidence; the producers leave shit like that in all the time. Numbers are everywhere.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 07:01 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 06:01 PM #167 of 595
Slash is referring to the episode "Something Nice Back Home."

transcript:
JACK: I wanna know where you were. I wanna know who you were with.

KATE: It doesn't matter, Jack. Please.

JACK: No, tell me. Tell me!

KATE: (Sighs) I was doing something for him.

JACK: For who?

KATE: For Sawyer. I made him a promise. It... (sighs)

JACK: (sighs) What?

KATE: It doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with us.

JACK: Then why won't you tell me?

KATE: Because--because he wouldn't want me to.

JACK: But he's not here, is he? No. No, he made his choice. He chose to stay. I'm the one who came back. I'm the one who's here. I'm the one who saved you.

KATE: Jack. (Sniffles) You can't--you can't do this. If you have problems, you need to figure them out. All right? 'Cause I can't have you like this around my son.

JACK: Your son? You're not even related to him!

FELIPE NO
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2008, 08:44 AM Local time: May 19, 2008, 05:44 AM #168 of 595
So, I ran across some spoilers about the season's end.

If one of them is true, it seems sort of like a natural conclusion.

But if what happens in the orchid is true, well, that's just bizarre and not in a good way. Hoping this was false information.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 19, 2008, 01:12 PM Local time: May 19, 2008, 06:12 PM #169 of 595
So tempted to look.

But won't.

An unexpected twist isn't something I'd put past the show, but if it's something incredibly fucked up and odd, then... :/

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2008, 03:31 PM #170 of 595
Well, I heard in an interview [I think the one they had on AOTS a few weeks ago] that they've codenamed the twist 'Frozen Donkey Wheel'. It surely SOUNDS incredibly fucked up and odd... but then again, I have absolutely no clue what it could mean, so who knows.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 19, 2008, 06:15 PM Local time: May 19, 2008, 11:15 PM #171 of 595
Alright, gave in and read a brief snippet of the finale spoiler.

If I read what Uzuki did, I'm not really complaining. Frozen Donkey Wheel (reading the spoiler = what this is should be apparent) sounds fucking AWESOME. Can't wait to see this.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 07:00 AM Local time: May 20, 2008, 04:00 AM #172 of 595
Alright, gave in and read a brief snippet of the finale spoiler.

If I read what Uzuki did, I'm not really complaining. Frozen Donkey Wheel (reading the spoiler = what this is should be apparent) sounds fucking AWESOME. Can't wait to see this.
Spoiler:
I guess it's no more out of line with the plausible as a smoke monster, ghost visits, and time travel are, but I dunno. I guess I didn't expect the codename of the reveal to be so literal. Minus the donkeys. I hope.

Maybe I'm just more miffed that this "reveal" answers absolutely nothing. We know nothing more about the island, only that you can chisel away at a frozen wheel and spin for big bucks/space-time travel. They better make this look fantastic. And the Oceanic 6 damn better witness the island moving as well. It all needs to tie together to how... unnerved they are about the events leading to their rescue.

I am very satisfied about who is in the coffin, however. Given that the fine print of the obituary artical in the season 3 finale was a total fake, it makes the most sense thematically.

Most amazing jew boots

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 07:19 AM Local time: May 20, 2008, 12:19 PM #173 of 595
Don't forget that the guy who leaked the finale details said he'd only gone over the "big" bits. There's plenty more to it, I think - check the press release.

Cast list:
Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday
Ken Leung as Miles Straume
Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis
Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus
L. Scott Caldwell as Rose
Malcolm David Kelley as Walt
Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
John Terry as Christian Shephard
Sonya Walger as Penelope “Penny” Widmore
Alan Dale as Charles Widmore
Kevin Durand as Keamy
Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle
Anthony Azizi as Omar
Alex Petrovitch as Henrik
Starletta DuPois as Michael’s mom.

Conjecture:
So the leak hasn't accounted for how Christian, Walt, Penny, Charles, Marvin Candle, Henrik (Portuguese guy from S2 finale's listening station) or Michael's mother are going to fit into this.

I'm most excited about Marvin Candle. Are we going to see him in the flesh, or will we see the full Orchid orientation video (not the comic-con outtakes)? Also Richard - I want to see the Temple...

Also, I believe they said a while ago that the four-toed statue would make a reappearance as a topic before the end of S4, but considering it's been slightly truncated since that was announced, we might have to wait for 5. Bah.

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 08:43 PM #174 of 595
So wait, what's the general consensus on The Lost Experience? Is it something everyone that's cool is aware of? Or is a thing you've just tossed under the rug?

I remember a year or so stumbling across the whole Hanso Foundation shenanigans; the website, which isn't currently functioning per se, was kind of interesting, kind of wtf-like and kind of creepy. =/ I remember Joop's corner or something, which focused on the Hanso Foundation's ancient Orangutan...and when you clicked something or whatever, the screen would warp and be particularly frightening.

So yeah, what's up?
I thought it was interesting, but I only watched some of the more important videos such as The Orchid. The parts about the foundation in general and most importantly the Valenzetti equation are supposed to be canon, so I usually keep that in mind while watching the show (which is why episodes like The Constant and The Shape of Things to Come weren't some out of the blue thing).

Anyway, I've been avoiding just about everything connected to Lost lately. I haven't read any of those big spoilers and I still don't plan to. I'd rather just discuss it when the episode airs. Part of the fun is seeing if your predictions come to light... at least for me!

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 10:10 PM Local time: May 24, 2008, 01:10 PM #175 of 595
^^ Thanks for the extra info!

I just watched the finale part 1 the other day, you know, the fantastic build-up one. I'm not gonna comment until I see part 2 (in two weeks over here, sadly). But things are shaping up to be really epic~

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]