Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 08:31 AM #126 of 595
Why can't Lost have more scenes anymore like the speechless Ben/Hurley sharing a Dharma Bar scene? That was great.
I loved that scene! I often wish there were more scenes between characters just for the hell of it, but there's just not enough time.

Just a little something that I noticed from last night's episode...

Locke's mother is named Emily. So was Ben's.

Probably just a coincidence.
Locke and Ben were also born premature.

Caught up with the last three episodes. Here's some extra text just to make sure spoilers don't appear in the recent activity box on the index.

Spoiler:
PISSED OFF at Alex's death. ;_; seriously, didn't see it coming.

Also, busy wondering what the new DHARMA logo is. The Orchid?

But seriously. Alex. BAWWWWW.
Yeah, I honestly thought Rousseau would come back and save her or that Ben would get her out of it somehow. I was rather disappointed with how anticlimactic her reunion with Alex was considering this show is heavy on the drama. Still, I'm not bitter nerd raging over it. They were minor characters and Alex served her purpose to this point. As for the logo, I am assuming that is the logo for The Orchid, but that's merely my guess.

Anyway, I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt until the season is actually over, but here's something to tide you guys over if you feel like reading it:

Lost | 'Lost': Secrets from the set! | Lost | TV Preview | TV | Entertainment Weekly | 4

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 09:38 AM #127 of 595
Seems that The Orchid's logo shows up elsewhere, too...

Spoiler:

FELIPE NO
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 09:01 PM Local time: May 10, 2008, 07:01 PM #128 of 595
Which station was the Orchid? Was it the medical station?

I'm not gonna use spoilers because most everybody's seen the episode already.

But this week's episode didn't do anything but add to the confusion. Only thing is resolved was the dead doctor. About that, though, it'd be nice to know if the island time is ALWAYS ahead of the rest of the world, or if it changes.

I didn't much like how Rousseau died, either. Nor Carl and Alex.

I'm wondering if Richard is Jacob, or has something to do with him.

And props to the candy bar scene.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 09:16 PM Local time: May 10, 2008, 06:16 PM #129 of 595
The Orchid has not yet been revealed in the show, only in related media.

The Orchid - Lostpedia

How ya doing, buddy?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 11:41 PM #130 of 595
But this week's episode didn't do anything but add to the confusion. Only thing is resolved was the dead doctor. About that, though, it'd be nice to know if the island time is ALWAYS ahead of the rest of the world, or if it changes.
Yea, we were talking about that tonight.

We were figuring time is faster on the island, but it turns out that when Dan had those missiles sent when they first arrived on the island, they were delayed by way too much time. But maybe that has to do with the actual travel route. It seems they have to follow Dan's exact coordinates in order to get in and out of the island's grasp.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 04:17 AM Local time: May 11, 2008, 09:17 AM #131 of 595
Interesting tidbit from the article...

Quote:
Citing the seventh Harry Potter book, in which J.K. Rowling broke her usual year-at-Hogwarts template, executive producer Damon Lindelof says, ''We're taking the same approach. You think the show is, 'Okay, they're on the Island, and then — whoosh — you're in the past or the future.' By the end of season 4, I think the audience is going to go, 'How can the show continue to be that?' And they are absolutely right.''
I'm guessing this means no more island.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 04:53 AM Local time: May 11, 2008, 07:53 PM #132 of 595
So wait, what's the general consensus on The Lost Experience? Is it something everyone that's cool is aware of? Or is a thing you've just tossed under the rug?

I remember a year or so stumbling across the whole Hanso Foundation shenanigans; the website, which isn't currently functioning per se, was kind of interesting, kind of wtf-like and kind of creepy. =/ I remember Joop's corner or something, which focused on the Hanso Foundation's ancient Orangutan...and when you clicked something or whatever, the screen would warp and be particularly frightening.

So yeah, what's up?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 03:38 PM Local time: May 11, 2008, 08:38 PM #133 of 595
Lost Experience / Find 815 = very creative, trendy marketing method. Never been involved, but every time some kind of new step in the games were completed, I got giddy for details. I hope they do at least one more of these between seasons.

Also, another batch of Missing Pieces would be nice.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 05:13 PM Local time: May 11, 2008, 03:13 PM #134 of 595
Yea, we were talking about that tonight.

We were figuring time is faster on the island, but it turns out that when Dan had those missiles sent when they first arrived on the island, they were delayed by way too much time. But maybe that has to do with the actual travel route. It seems they have to follow Dan's exact coordinates in order to get in and out of the island's grasp.
Well, yeah. But it's even weirder than that. How come communications to/from the island are always in sync? Why wouldn't radiowaves be affected? Particularly with all the magnetic anomolies on the island. Does speed at which the island is approached (speed of sound, etc) determine how delayed/advanced arrival is?

Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old May 14, 2008, 05:11 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 03:11 PM #135 of 595
What I've been wondering is a small one: Nikki opened her eyes right as the last bit of dirt was coming down on her, they weren't dead, they were sleeping and had something to make their heart beat really slow, so people might think that they were dead, are they going to show up somewhere again, or have people forgotten about that?

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 05:16 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 10:16 PM #136 of 595
They'd better be dead.

I will bomb something if they're suddenly reintroduced.

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 09:31 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 07:31 PM #137 of 595
Oh I'm sure they're dead. Because they'd be ratings poison if they were reintroduced.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing them get out of the dirt only to be the first to be killed by the mercenaries.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old May 14, 2008, 11:58 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 09:58 PM #138 of 595
Lol. You people are right I'm sure. It was a thought though,I've enjoyed all of this LOST so much, I don't want it to end!

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 10:01 PM #139 of 595
So it looks like we'll all get to see the season finale at the meet.

The season finale.

SEASON. FINALE. I'm going to choke a bitch. That was both literally and figuratively the shortest season ever. I'm upset about it. But I'm always upset about something.

It was such a great episode tonight, and they have to go and do that shit.

Spoiler:
When I saw all the explosives on the boat and when Sun came out with Aaron without Jin, I assumed that was the last time she'd ever see Jin. But Sayid is down in that room too, so no one is going to blow up just yet, I assume.

If Desmond dies, there's no telling you how upset I'll be. They already axed Rousseau and Alex - like we NEED more.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the explosives was Mikhail ahahhaa

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 11:32 PM #140 of 595
I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but some speculation coming from last week...

The thing that was strapped to Keamy's arm...
Keamy:
I have a feeling it's a sort of "dead man's switch". Judging by Gault's reaction ["What's that on your arm?!"] and not shooting Keamy when he had the chance--I think it's something that will make the explosives on the freighter go off if he dies or gets hurt or something.
The Orchid:
What if the Orchid DOES move the island? ...through TIME?

Though again, just speculation. If this was revealed in tonight's ep, then scratch this, heh.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old May 15, 2008, 11:42 PM Local time: May 15, 2008, 09:42 PM #141 of 595
Tonight's show was great. Very short it seemed like though. It was the first time I watched it on TV and not on the computer from a torrent or whatever. I'll post more when I can figure out the spoiler thing....lol

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 02:50 AM Local time: May 16, 2008, 05:50 PM #142 of 595
^^ [spoiler ](<--without the space) stuff goes here[/spoiler]

I just watched the episode with Keamy going crazy and putting a thing on his arm and the whole Locke flashback thing. So last week's episode, for you Americans. I was reasonably entertained, and seeing that Richard guy in the past was interesting, what with the whole knife thing and all. And that guy who talked to Locke at the hospital (same one who spoke to Hurley a season or two ago) really creeps me out. =/ Seriously.

Spoiler:
Oh yeah and Claire is so dead etc. And the scene with Ben and Hurley was awesome!

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 12:24 PM Local time: May 16, 2008, 10:24 AM #143 of 595
It was such a great episode tonight, and they have to go and do that shit.

Spoiler:
But Sayid is down in that room too, so no one is going to blow up just yet, I assume.
What?
Spoiler:
The only people in the room with the explosives are Jin, Desmond, and Michael. Sayid is back on the island tracking with Kate.

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 01:58 PM #144 of 595
What?
Spoiler:
The only people in the room with the explosives are Jin, Desmond, and Michael. Sayid is back on the island tracking with Kate.
O shit. You're right. Why was I thinking Sayid was on the boat.

Spoiler:
They're all going to fucking die. ;_;

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 07:44 PM #145 of 595
You mean to say that the season finale is not next Thursday but the week after?

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 07:51 PM #146 of 595
You mean to say that the season finale is not next Thursday but the week after?
The best way to put it is that there won't be an episode this coming Thursday and the two-hour season finale is in two weeks.

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 07:51 PM #147 of 595
So huge flat screen high def lost finale. Damn we got good timing. <3

Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 07:53 PM Local time: May 16, 2008, 05:53 PM #148 of 595
Is there an episode next week? Or are they skipping it to shove it into the finale?

Anyways, this week's episode was slower than last week's. Nothing really happened, at all. The flash forwards were a bit revealing, but not nearly enough to account for the lack of action.

And Ben got hit in the head with the blunt of a firearm....AGAIN. Where is the BRAIN DAMAGE?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 07:59 PM #149 of 595
Looks like Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals will also play that Thursday.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 10:18 PM #150 of 595
Looks like Dope is out of luck

This was a good episode, but the worst of the season. On it's own, it was meh, but as a buildup to the finale? It was fucking brilliant. I don't know how the hell the Oceanic 6 are going to get off the island, what with all of them being spread to different parts of the island/ocean and all that. It's gonna be thrilling seeing how that happens.

However... I fear something is going to come in the finale that will make Sass cry at the meet.

Spoiler:
I think Sawyer is going to die. Thematically, it makes sense. He's served his purpose, and he has completely arced as a character. There's nothing more for him to do.

Can't wait!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]