Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Battery for Computer

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2007, 09:05 AM #1 of 2
Battery for Computer

Hey all,

So, yet another computer related problem. This one seems pretty easy to figure out, but the hard part is what to do about it.

My friend's laptop is not keeping time. She said she has reset the time numerous times but her laptop doesn't retain the correct time. Obviously, my first thought is "Cmos battery".

Now, the solution is to replace the battery. The problem is a.) finding such a battery and b.) finding someone who is willing to do it for her (I might be willing to do it, but I am slightly leery as I never have opened up laptops before and I rather not use my friend's laptop as my trial). And before you ask, yes, it IS that hard to find a laptop CMOS battery for us.

My question is, what should I have her do? SHould she write down everything in her CMOS, and be ready to put it back in should the battery fail? Also, i have heard that a CMOS battery can be a pain to replace (if I or someone else were to find a battery) in a laptop because it might be "glued" in (my mind is going blank on the exact term so please bear with me). How can that situation be handled?

Thanks all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2007, 01:18 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2007, 11:18 PM #2 of 2
Yeah, sometimes the battery is integrated into the motherboard, so it's nigh impossible to remove using conventional methods. Provided it's not, it may either be attached via clips similar to desktop motherboards or by cable and battery pack. In either case, opening the laptop will be the biggest challenge. If you check the manufacturer's website, they may indicate which kind it is and save you the trouble altogether. You may even be so lucky as to find it for sale at the same place.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Battery for Computer