Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Is there a way to control dreams?

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 05:34 AM #26 of 33
Originally Posted by gaming
I'm afraid if I kill or hurt myself in a dream, I never wake up again...
I died in a dream once. Not pleasant. It freaked me out for that whole day.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Shonos
I've never been able to control my dreams. I've tried and practiced to be able to do some degree of lucid dreaming but it never works.

But maybe that's for the best. Because if you can control your dreams and do whatever you wish.. why would a person ever wish to wake up? They could just go back to sleep everytime they wake. Bury themseleves in thier fantasies and never face the real world.
Except for the part where you need to eat and drink. Get set up with a drip-feed, a catheter and colostomy bag combo, servants to empty and refill those containers as appropriate, and probably a lot more stuff that I forgot about, and then sure...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Soluzar; Apr 24, 2006 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
StarCrossedSoul
the one with the phoenix

Member 5293

Level 3.20

Apr 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:38 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 10:38 PM #27 of 33
Things that had an impact on you throughout the day could be a key to dreaming about them, however since there is no control, the dream obviously turns out foolish.

I've had few lucid dreams, and in most of them all I ever did was try to get myself awake, which I couldnt, and was quite maddening. (Ironic too, since I should stay and control my dreams) However, whatever monster, lurking in my dream, chased me down because of my awareness, to give an example.

But then, people tell me it could be an astral projection, that is, when I dream in a "real setting"... and not that I want to get off the topic, I'm just giving a thought...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:45 PM #28 of 33
Originally Posted by StarCrossedSoul
Things that had an impact on you throughout the day could be a key to dreaming about them, however since there is no control, the dream obviously turns out foolish.

I've had few lucid dreams, and in most of them all I ever did was try to get myself awake, which I couldnt, and was quite maddening. (Ironic too, since I should stay and control my dreams) However, whatever monster, lurking in my dream, chased me down because of my awareness, to give an example.

But then, people tell me it could be an astral projection, that is, when I dream in a "real setting"... and not that I want to get off the topic, I'm just giving a thought...
I know quite a bit about Astral Projecting. However, most of the time you have to focus or concentrate in order to do it. If you don't, then the concentration breaks and the cord pulls you back to Earth. I'm not from the Navajo or Hopi tribe, but that's how my research told me it works.

I have a hard time controlling my dreams as well. I know I was once able to control this one nightmare I was having, but it was like a chess game. My conscious would move a piece, but then my subconscious (the part I couldn't control) would do something freaky. Also, outside forces can control a dream as well. I once dreamed that I was driving "the loaner" from The Mask and when I woke up, that movie was playing. I once had a dream that whenever the lights went off someone died, and the lights went off in my dream and I almost died. When I woke, I discovered that the person I'm living with turned off the light.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Kabukibear
Chocobo

Member 1895

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 05:00 PM #29 of 33
Lucid dreaming is kinda fun. I think there are ways, by repetition, that you can bring a "cue" along with you in the dream, that will tell you you're dreaming. For example, you might repeat to yourself all day that you will see a green stop sign in your dream and when you do you will know you are dreaming. I dunno if that helps at all, but I managed to do it a few times. I focused on an upside-down table as my "cue," and after a few nights, lo and behold, there was one in my dream and I knew then that I was dreaming. I was in my house so I told myself when I walk to the back bedroom there will be a beautiful naked woman in my bed. Lol, so I walked back there and I kiiinnddaa got it right. There was the beautiful woman but she was only topless and wearing a santa hat for some reason. I dunno, lol.

Anyway, lucid dreaming is somewhat of an either or deal. A lot of the times I don't realize I'm dreaming but I think I've had quite a few more lucid dreams than most people. I always remember my dreams when I wake up, very rarely do I forget them, so I don't know if that means anything as far as being "wired," differently.

Anyway, repetition. If not on a cue then on whatever you want the dream to be about. Alot of the times I feel there's something of a backlog. You may think about something all day but it might not appear in the dream until the next night or maybe not at all. Just keep at it, it's fun.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 08:23 PM #30 of 33
I knew I was in a dream when I was holding a copy of Duke Nukem Forever in my hands .

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Flyzelle
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4391

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 04:46 PM #31 of 33
One night i was driving late, and trying not to fall asleep at the wheel...so trying to keep myself awake I fell asleep, but I was apparently dreaming while driving, and I thought that i was still awake cause I was talking to myself in my head or I could hear myself I should say rather...and I crashed the car, and woke up. That's when I realized that I was dreaming...

SO what type of dream is that? Besides fucked up....

FELIPE NO
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 05:25 PM #32 of 33
Originally Posted by Flyzelle
One night i was driving late, and trying not to fall asleep at the wheel...so trying to keep myself awake I fell asleep, but I was apparently dreaming while driving, and I thought that i was still awake cause I was talking to myself in my head or I could hear myself I should say rather...and I crashed the car, and woke up. That's when I realized that I was dreaming...

SO what type of dream is that? Besides fucked up....
I don't know if there's a technical term for it, but I do know that we have dreams sometimes b/c we need to live out our fantasies. For example, let's say you have an evil boss and you want to kill him. Dreams work like a psychologist where you can dream about killing your boss so that way you don't actually go out and do it, yet you still feel some of the satisfaction without keeping all of it bottled in. At least, that's how it's suppose to work.

It sounds sort of similar in this case. On the one hand, you didn't want to pull over and wanted to keep driving. On the other hand, your body needed sleep, so your subconscious came to a consensus and decided that if you dream that you're driving, then you can get the sleep you need while fulfilling the desire of driving. I still believe, like some of the past dreams I may have mentioned in this thread, that outside events can control what we dream about as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Flyzelle
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4391

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 08:58 PM #33 of 33
Yea the thing that really sucks is I was all of a minute from my house...literally and I had already driven 45 mins to get there...why couldn't i just stay awake for that last minute! I figured it was my subconcious..it felt out of body though...like i was watching myself drive down the hill...but i was't

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Is there a way to control dreams?