Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: You Grayin'?
Yep, I'm over the hill and far away 5 29.41%
Yeah right, gramps 12 70.59%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Grayin' on the ole noggin'

i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Apr 2, 2008, 04:15 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 05:15 PM #1 of 16
Grayin' on the ole noggin'

So,

My girlfriend was giving the mane the mandatory trim the other day, and all of a sudden she notices a little white thing in there. I ask her to pluck it out, and sure enough, it's my very first gray hair.

I have to say, it brought about a certain reflection on my part. It made me ponder that I may be older than I feel and that it'll probably get worse as time goes by. Even though I've had this kind of experience before (like when I went to my little brother's graduation), I can still say it freaked me out a little bit for a minute.

So, how many of you have seen this phenomenon up close already (as in on your head)? Did it affect you in any way?

For those who haven't lived this yet, do you dread the day or are you not at all concerned about it?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Juggle dammit
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 04:31 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 03:31 PM #2 of 16
I don't have any gray hair and It'll be a long time before I do, but I genuinely like how gray hair looks.

My family doesn't have any hereditary baldness, literally none. All of my older relatives have full heads of natural hair. So, if anything, gray hair for me is going to be a perk.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:29 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 07:29 PM #3 of 16
See, I figured it might be genetic but I wasn't too sure about that. I have four brothers, and the three that are older than me are well on their way to having a full head of gray, heck the eldest is only 28 and he's pretty much all gray already.

Isn't stress also a factor though?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Juggle dammit
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:38 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 05:38 PM #4 of 16
See, I figured it might be genetic but I wasn't too sure about that. I have four brothers, and the three that are older than me are well on their way to having a full head of gray, heck the eldest is only 28 and he's pretty much all gray already.

Not really, no.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 09:39 PM #5 of 16
I have a few gray hairs on the side of my head. It doesn't really bother me. I shave my head anyway so it is hard to notice.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 05:59 PM #6 of 16
Sup Quiet Place; just noticed this thread.

Sometimes I fear I inherited the worst genetic traits from both my parents' lines. I've had a receding hairline since I began college, and I've always looked older than I am. My hair in front is fairly thin now, and I seem to be taking after my father and grandfather in this aspect. My dad's side of the family always had great health, and both my grandparents lived into their 80s in spite of eating greasy southern cooking all the time.

My mom's father had a nice head of hair until the day he died, but he also died of a heart attack in his 50s (?) My mother, grandmother, and a great aunt all died of breast cancer, and the women and men on that side all had weight problems. You know me, BigTurnip. I'll probably die bald with cancer in 20 years, but at least I don't have any gray hair right now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:08 PM #7 of 16

I don't know if Stress really makes you go gray faster or not. But I blame work related stress anyhow for my gray hairs. I'm only 27 and no one in my family has gotten gray hair that early that I know of.

FELIPE NO

"Out thought and out fought."
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 01:33 AM #8 of 16
Nah, my hair isn't even close to going gray. My hair before chemo was pretty good and it's much healthier now because it's all new. I suppose I might be concerned when the time comes to lose my colour but only for a little while because I dye my hair anyhow, it's not like anything would change, at least not drastically. I might have to change brands OH NO.

Most amazing jew boots

Baaah~
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:10 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 12:10 AM 1 #9 of 16
I'm getting grey roots and I'm not even 20 yet. I guess it's all the shit I've put my hair through.

I'm not really dreading the day because I can't see myself alive past 27 (rock and roll \m/). To be honest, I can't see myself past my next birthday; I lack the gift of forsight. Grey hair is awesome anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:25 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 05:25 PM #10 of 16
I'm fine with gray hair so long as I get to keep it. One of my biggest fears in life is losing my hair; mostly because so many senior grad students I know have lost a considerable amount.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 08:04 PM #11 of 16
I found a white hair just the other day. 26. And my hair is already kicking over into gray zone.

I dye my hair into oblivion usually, so I am most unaware of the natural state of the color of my hair. I hadn't dyed it for about a month, and when I cut my hair recently, I noticed the shine of a perfectly white hair just in my part line.

I called my mother immediately.

I don't mind white/gray hair so much, provided it comes at a more wise and ripe age of say 40.

Most amazing jew boots
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:12 PM #12 of 16
I'm not really dreading the day because I can't see myself alive past 27 (rock and roll \m/). To be honest, I can't see myself past my next birthday; I lack the gift of forsight. Grey hair is awesome anyway.
There's nothing for me to add. I'm told that it's not uncommon for the deviant youth of the day to find picturing aging past thrity impossible, but that's how I feel anyway.

It's terrifying, the belief of an early end, but strangely freeing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:41 PM #13 of 16
Grey hair is awesome anyway.
I agree!

I think I've noticed one strand of gray hair(about a year ago), but it didn't bother me much. I don't think I'll have to worry about a whole head of gray hair, or a head with parts of it gray, for another 30 years.

Most amazing jew boots

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

Garnet
Princess. ;d

Member 16676

Level 6.41

Dec 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 06:59 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 05:59 PM #14 of 16
I don't have any gray hair,but I've heard somewhere that sometimes gray hair can come about if you're under a great deal of stress.

Im hoping I'll be lucky like my grandmother was. She was 82 years old with a head full of natural black hair.

How ya doing, buddy?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:50 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 11:20 PM #15 of 16
I've only noticed one grey hair on my head. I don't nescessarily worry about grey hair. I haven't really done anything serious with my hair.

I put blond highlights in my hair once in my early twenties. I just don't care. I'll let nature run its course.

FELIPE NO
Sceptre X
\usr\bin\sceptrex

Member 16350

Level 11.01

Dec 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:58 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 09:58 PM #16 of 16
It's not gray, it's silver.

My mantra. I've got it all planned out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It turns out that today is opposite day, so all of what you have said is true, so you should probably just go.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Grayin' on the ole noggin'