Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Friend advice

Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:27 PM #26 of 32
Anyway Temari I'm sorry to hear that about your friend. What sort of relationship were you able to retain?
We still talk occasionally, mostly when I'm home on breaks from school, because she goes to a school only 20 minutes away from our home town. But its become very infrequent. My mom said that Spring Break must have felt like an 'honor', because I got to spend almost every day of the week with my friend... at work. Of course, her boyfriend tagged along too.

We'll put it this way... she gave up a trip to Ireland with me, all-expenses paid by her parents, because she no longer wants to do anything that doesn't involve her boyfriend. It's rather sickening, actually. I think that was one of the big things that just told me to say 'fuck this'.

Again, it really sucks, but she knows that I feel this way about the guy (Both of her parents feel that way too, but that's another bitch-fest), there's nothing I can do beyond that. Tolerate the guy occasionally if you have to, but if she's like my friend who cant take the 'lets do this... only the TWO of us' hints, then perhaps its time to step back and say 'fine. Whatever.'

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:05 PM #27 of 32
We'll put it this way... she gave up a trip to Ireland with me, all-expenses paid by her parents, because she no longer wants to do anything that doesn't involve her boyfriend. It's rather sickening, actually. I think that was one of the big things that just told me to say 'fuck this'.
Actually I did something sort of similar back in the day. My nominal boyfriend lives in England, so the only way I could see him was when one of us had enough time free to make a trip worthwhile. Which meant that my summer vacations in college were spent either going to his place or preparing for school the next year. No job or internships.

Actually I felt like a huge putz and knew I was screwing up a good opportunity, but it was what it was. Honestly I don't know why people don't listen to others' experience, even when they should know better. Okay, a lot of friends will advise you to do stupid shit but I've turned down advice over what my better nature was telling me was something I should listen to. Maybe it's just easier to keep on keeping on instead of assessing your situation.

Additional Spam:
Talking it over with some other people, maybe the best way is to stage an intervention. If a lot of people tell her that she's making a huge mistake, maybe she won't annul her marriage right away but she'll start thinking that there's something to it. I mean it makes a kind of sense; she and I haven't really been on good terms in a long time so she wouldn't listen to me alone anyway.

Luckily she posts at Gamingforce, so you can send her a private message if you want. Please, do it for me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Sarag; Apr 1, 2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:04 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 02:04 PM #28 of 32
Talking it over with some other people, maybe the best way is to stage an intervention. If a lot of people tell her that she's making a huge mistake, maybe she won't annul her marriage right away but she'll start thinking that there's something to it. I mean it makes a kind of sense; she and I haven't really been on good terms in a long time so she wouldn't listen to me alone anyway.
Either that or she'll just end up hating everyone who participated and become that much closer to her boyfriend because he's the only one who she still thinks she can trust. Other than what those two posted in their journals, I don't know anything about the situation here, but she obviously trusts him a whole lot if she's willing to get married to him. It would require some compelling evidence of misdeeds on his part to actually inspire a doubt in her mind.

Don't you have friends who said the same thing about your British boyfriend? That you were making a mistake, not doing the right thing for you. Did you listen to them? I'd assume not, to judge from your use of the present tense when describing the relationship, and from the other comments in this thread.

If you didn't listen, why should she? Don't tell me that it's because your friends were wrong, because that's exactly what Blue would think.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 01:03 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 10:03 AM #29 of 32
Don't you have friends who said the same thing about your British boyfriend? That you were making a mistake, not doing the right thing for you. Did you listen to them? I'd assume not, to judge from your use of the present tense when describing the relationship, and from the other comments in this thread.

If you didn't listen, why should she? Don't tell me that it's because your friends were wrong, because that's exactly what Blue would think.
She just admitted she did and it was because she was young, dumb, and full of cum, dude, just like everyone else in love. Try to pay attention to the whole post. Short of locking someone in the cellar it's a bit of a lost cause trying to convince someone that they're being an idiot until they've had time to reflect on the misery their mistakes have inflicted.

I was speaking idiomatically.
There was a foxy here It's gone now
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 04:17 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 10:17 PM #30 of 32
She just admitted she did and it was because she was young, dumb, and full of cum, dude, just like everyone else in love. Try to pay attention to the whole post.
I did. When you consider that she didn't listen to her friends, doesn't that tell you something? It tells me that listening to friends isn't something that people do when they are in love. That's the whole of my point. I'm not trying to berate Lurker for anything.

In any case, it seems like this thread isn't entirely serious, so...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 07:39 PM #31 of 32
No, it was an april fools day joke that fell flat on its face because no one posts on april fools day.

FELIPE NO
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:53 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 10:53 AM #32 of 32
The fact I didn't realise this until after I made a post on the 2nd of April is not entirely to my credit.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Friend advice