Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Getting Your Food Order Wrong

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 12:03 AM #26 of 43
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Soluzar, we finally agree on something! I have worked in a restaurant, too, and I can tell you that at the place I worked, the old-fashioned rule that "the customer is always right" still stood. If an employee didn't like that policy, they'd be shown the door in a hurry.
I think everyone should work either a food-service or retail job at least once in their lives, because after I had to kiss ass to every customer walking through the doors for a few months, it made me tend to appreciate that same politeness from others that bit more. I've never exactly been an asshole to people who were serving me, but I tend to be that bit more pleasant these days, because I've been there, and done that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 05:35 PM #27 of 43
This has only happened to me a few times. Usually I order something off the dollar menu, and once I get called up, they give me an all-out meal. Most of the time I'll correct their mistake. However, at a certain McDonalds (in the Chicago Field Museum), I ordered two cheeseburgers off the dollar menu and ended up getting a chicken sandwich meal. I took it because everything there was over-priced (stand-alone burgers are $4 and up).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

TrinityJayOne
It's just not christmas without the fur

Member 1671

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 05:44 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 09:44 PM #28 of 43
Originally Posted by Soluzar
The worst is when a pizza delivery place gets your order wrong. See, I'm a vegetarian, and that's not for ethical reasons, or even health reasons. I really don't like the taste of meat, in general. When the pizza place accidentally send me a meat pizza, that's just no good to me at all. After so long not eating the stuff, I'd probably not keep it down even if I tried.

These days, I make the guy wait until I open the lid. They don't like that, but it's the only way to be sure, since I've had an accidental meat pizza delivered to me before. If I find out when the guy already left, that's me out of pocket, and with a pizza that I won't eat.
I'd ring up in that situation. Infact, I did just that a few years ago. My brother & I were home alone for the evening and ordered some pizzas, but when the guy brought them they weren't ours. He had already driven off so we called the place up and explained it. 30 mins later the guy comes back, gives us our pizzas and apologises for the mix up, then just stands there for a second - assumedly waiting for the return of the other pizzas. Well we had no intention of doing that so said goodnight and closed the door.

Speaking of pizza, places that don't actually do what you ask for piss me right off. If I ask for bits of chicken or extra cheese or whatever, just put it on and add a dollar to the price, simple. Don't act like you understand, and even repeat it over the phone, but not do it.

Edit: Forgot I'm not in the sewers, hah.

Most amazing jew boots
Arienas
Halsey <3

Member 1626

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 05:21 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:21 PM #29 of 43
Originally Posted by Soluzar
You know what though? Part of the deal about working in the fast food industry is that the statement you made isn't true. Getting an order wrong is always your fault. Even when it isn't. If you don't accept that, then your customer will go elsewhere. I'm never rude about orders that got screwed up, but the first time a cashier tells me that it was my own fault is the last. I'll insist on seeing his manager, and I won't ever return to that place again..
You know what else? I never said that I treated customers as if they were wrong. When they were, I never told myself they were right--no reason to lie to yourself. I just sucked it up and fixed their order. Big difference between lying and losing a bit of pride.

I gained a some understanding after working in fast food conditions. I'm more polite with cashiers/waiters/waitresses, but I also don't have a problem admiting that I was wrong when placing an order.

I was speaking idiomatically.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:19 AM #30 of 43
When I go out to eat Ive actually gotten to the point that I dont have a prefrence. So when orders get mixed up, I just eat what they bring. Unless its something completely off the wall.

Of course the ticket better match the meal. Im not paying for something I didnt get.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 04:06 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 02:06 AM #31 of 43
I'm not a picky eater, though I recently gave up meat. And I don't eat enough as it is to be picky so any food is fine with me regardless if it's right or wrong. I haven't gone out to get fastfood in awhile, with the exception of carne-asada-less fries every now and then.

However, I went to a cafe to study and ordered an iced french roast coffee thing. They gave it to me hot but I didn't mind. The girl eventually came up to me and asked if I ordered it iced. I said yes, she fixed it, that was that.

I'd never get angry over something like that.

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 04:13 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 02:13 AM #32 of 43
I have no tolerance whatsoever for peeps getting my order wrong. That is just unacceptably bad service. I cannot even tell you how much it pisses me off to see pickles on my burger when I specifically said "No pickles!", or no BBQ sauce in my bag when the person themselves ASKED me if I wanted sauce. I won't purposefully by mean or rude to the worker that failed at theri job, but that won't stop me from hurriedly walking into the store to get my actual order.

It's like what Ug lee says in the Salute your Shorts opening song: "Get it right or pay the price!"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; May 24, 2006 at 04:15 AM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:28 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:28 AM #33 of 43
I'm a bit worse then PiccoloNamek, as I like my bugers plain: meaning Cheese, Meat, and buns... so when I see ketcup or pickles on there I get mad. I will always go back up and request a plain version, looks of the order people be dammed. I occasionally like Mayo on it, but very little, and they always put on too much. I wish there was a make your own burger place... as in you put on the condiments yourselves.

If its a sit down resturant, I'll just simply have them get the right order.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 01:00 PM #34 of 43
Ooh, I like my burgers plain too!
Sometimes people get confused, and think "so no cheese on that cheeseburger?" or they think plain = all the toppings.

I don't get mad, but 90% of all the orders that were wrong occured at the one McDonald's I frequented, and it was always around midnight.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 01:28 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 11:28 PM #35 of 43
For order mistakes, I'll usually come back to the cashier to point out the error, and I've had no trouble with this.

But when the cashier doesn't get the price right in the first place, I definitely feel like fucking capping him in the mouth. Such a thing happened about a week ago in Checkers. They has some ads for some specials, and, as I always do, I precalculated the price, to be about $10.50. They charged $13 at the order speaker prompt thing, so I figured I'd ask what's up at the pick-up window. Well, all I got there was just a stupid fucking nigger (excuse my redundancy), so my friend and I just decided to cancel the order and go to the Checkers that's run by beaners (who work hard, yo, and are better at math). There, we got the correct price and even faster and more friendly service. And we had our death-promoting Checkers. yum.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
EB64
Local Smeghead

Member 348

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 02:19 PM #36 of 43
I guess I should have clarified that I usually only get upset about getting the wrong order when the damned order ticket itself says the correect thing.
Or when ordering from a Hardees 'cause my whole family has ALWAYS had trouble at ANY Hardees. lol

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 03:47 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 05:17 PM #37 of 43
If it is a sit-and-eat place and there is something big wrong (like a completely different dish) I will politey let them know...

something minor like adding something I did not ask for... i would not care.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:21 PM #38 of 43
Every fast food place I go into --literally EVERY-- screws it up when I say the words, "Sprite, no ice." How hard is it to see or realize that I'm too poor to be trifling with frozen water? I can't be expected to afford that! Or when my cousin says, "no ketchup," they still screw up...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Internet: for the win!

Last edited by Demon Arashi; Jun 18, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:56 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 02:56 PM #39 of 43
I rememeber my friend Sanders ordering "fresh smoked salmon" and getting a shredded salmon served to him...

Okay. I understand this place isn't called the "Kitchen" anymore, but anybody who likes fresh smoked salmon knows that shredded salmon is salmon that was mechanically separated by machines. Anybody who will say 'but what if the chef just prepared it that way?' is a moron, or has not physically seen the difference for their own eyes, and probably has never enjoyed a fresh smoked salmon.

Now that was half of what bothered me. The other half is the fact the waiter insisted it was fresh salmon, and was getting agitated over the fact Sanders rejected it. Sanders is a gruff individual to begin with, so he didn't back down. Instead, he ordered an angus burger, paid his tab, and dropped the burger on the floor. I laughed so hard. I usually would be against the waste of food, but considering how unprofessional the waiter was, it was justified.

edit: Sanders dropped the burger on the floor intentionally for anybody who didn't pick up on that.

FELIPE NO
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 04:57 PM #40 of 43
L...O...L, simply put, Fatt

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Internet: for the win!
Excrono
HD-497

Member 141

Level 14.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 05:47 PM #41 of 43
I find that the more someone screws up on an order, the greater the chances of getting something extra out of it in hopes of making you "forget" it ever happened (like a free cookie, or in one case at Pizza Hut, a free order of cinnamon sticks.) Just about every time I have been given the wrong thing at a restauraunt, they are happy to recitify the situation. Be it a pacekt of honey sauce (which almost always happens at Wendy's), or leaving out an order of fries. Truthfully, if there was ever a time that I was met with undue hostility when requesting they re-check the order, I would have a little chat with the manager, as I am only asking to get what I paid for.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 07:26 PM #42 of 43
Originally Posted by kat
I'm a really picky eater so I ALWAY insist on them getting it right. In their defense, I usually have a laundry list of specials (I want the number 4 with no cheese, no mayo, extra ketchup, grilled onions and curly fries instead of normal fries). But because I'm such a picky eater, if they mess up one aspect of it, I insist they get it right. And then worry if they spit in my food.

I hate it the most when you order it to go, take it home and find out they got it wrong. Then you debate whether or not to drive the 5 miles back to the resturant or feed it to the dog and eat cup ramen for the night.
So, instead of fixing the good yourself, you'd rather feed it to your dog? Thank God your ridiculous "picky eating," doesn't affect my wallet. I'd slap you silly.

Myself, I always insist they get the order right. If it's something minor, like they forgot to hold the onions, I can do humanity a service by not throwing away perfectly good food, and STRAIN myself to take them off. That's a very difficult thing for people to do nowadays, apparently.

If it's something huge, however, like say I order fifteen cheeseburgers, and they only give me ten, I'm going to storm in there and raise hell, because that's just not even reasonable.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Getting Your Food Order Wrong