Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Rainbow Islands Evolution (?)

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 06:06 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 09:06 PM #1 of 3
Rainbow Islands Evolution (?)

I'm not sure what Taito and Rising Star are trying to do anymore (shrugging their shoulders non-stop), but hey!

Quote:
Rising Star Games has shed light on its 2007 PSP line up by announcing that another Taito classic is bound for Sony’s handheld.

Rainbow Islands Evolution will be the third title in Rising Star's Evolution series, which includes updates to Space Invaders and Bubble Bobble. Due to be launched in Q1 2007, Rainbow Islands Evolution will follow the Evolution philosophy of creating innovative, original extrapolations of classic game designs whilst harnessing the 3D power of the PSP.
Bort.

Being the hopeless Bubble Bobble fanboy I am (they make the best consoles, dun u foghat), I thought both the DS and PSP versions of Bubble Bobble were pretty cool, even with the awful Game Boy Color graphics on DS (plus I hear the American version has a crippling bug that makes it unplayable anyway, good job) and the whole replacing Bub and Bob with school kids cosplaying as them in the PSP one. Seriously. But Rainbow Islands Revolution for DS, well you know, it was kinda bad. Really bad. Frown on your face bad. Tears in your Corn Flakes bad. So here comes Rainbow Islands for PSP!

Hmmmm. Judging by these screens, it would seem you play as none other than;

OH MY. And I guess you're able to jump into the background and stuff this time, semi-3D-ish-stuff-ish. Or maybe not, I'm just guessing because guessing is fun when there's no real information about the game. Where's all the fruit? It's not Rainbow Islands without delicious magic fruit appearing out of nowhere. Good to see rainbows are still here though. They could have replaced them with frozen streams of urine or something. DISCUSS? IF YOU DARE.

How ya doing, buddy?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 06:30 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 12:30 AM #2 of 3
My mother still plays Rainbow Islands. She won't touch handhelds, though. Says the dpad feels weird or something. If it isn't a Sega Mastersystem she ain't touchin' it. Does this version still have the weird bug where you can't turn around without automatically walking up another rainbow? That was incredibly annoying.

Game looks fun though. It has mexicans, it can't possibly fail.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 06:33 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 09:33 PM #3 of 3
Your mum has good taste, the Master System version's awesome. =) And I'm sure this one will have that bug, and many more!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Rainbow Islands Evolution (?)