Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.
Closed Thread

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:02 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 01:02 PM #1 of 54
Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.

Malaysia's internal security ministry has recently ruled that the term Allah may no longer be used by non-Muslims.

And of course, there's an outcry about it already.

Other than the LOL factor this elicited in me, I get a distinct feeling - fair or not - that Muslims really want to impose their will on everyone else. If they're in the minority, they protest about religious discrimination and start rebellions (vs. Catholics in the Philippines, vs. Buddhists in Thailand, vs. Hindus in Kashmir). If they're in the majority (say, Middle East), they start discriminating against other religions.

I find this rather unfair. What are your thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 08:58 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 09:58 PM #2 of 54
That is a rather intriguing conclusion, sexninja. My takeaway from most religions is: it doesn't matter what you read or what you [i]believe]/i]. It is what you do.

At any rate, this topic seemed to have gone quite off-tangent. The original premise is moot, as Bigblah has reported that the Malaysian ministry responsible for such a proclamation has backed away quietly from the issue.

All in all, a case of open mouth, insert foot for the authorities methinks. Not exactly surprising in this part of the world, really. If you wish to continue the argument about religion, particularly Islam, perhaps another thread would be more appropriate.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.