Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.
Closed Thread

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:51 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2008, 06:51 PM 1 #1 of 54
Maybe if "true" moderate Muslims would open their mouths and condemn extremist Islam at any occasion they can, the western world wouldn't be so vindicative in it's view of Islam. I heard the protests from the official European Muslim organizations during the Mahomet caricature crisis, but I don't hear them condemning terrorist attacks and religious oppressions that happen every weeks.

Just saying, it would help drawing a line, you know.

How ya doing, buddy?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 04:14 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 11:14 PM #2 of 54
HAHAHA

That's like, telling Catholics in the Philippines to condemn the Branch Davidian cult in America. It is a silly, tired argument born of an unfortunate tendency to lump together groups whose only connection is the name of their beliefs.

Not to mention that Muslim leaders have been doing it. You just never notice.

And it doesn't solve a damn thing anyway.
This is a far-stretched and invalid analogy on so many levels. Let's just mention the fact the Vatican has always condemned the IRA, shall we ?

And I'm sure some do, but you gotta admit it's a vastly ambiguous situation.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 06:16 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2008, 01:16 AM #3 of 54
How many followers do the Vatican represent? That's awfully ambiguous as well. You're asking for lip service that's both unreasonable and ineffectual.

I simply hate it when people use guilt -- or worse, vicarious guilt -- as some sort of leverage.
I don't see how it is ambiguous, nope. The centralization and hierarchic system of the Catholic church is kind of a special case though, yes.

If you really don't want to see the correlation between the fact the world is flooded with extreme acts committed by Muslims that no other Muslims openly and firmly condemn and the growing incomprehension of Islam in the Western world, then I don't know what to add. =/

To me, the Islamic communities worldwide should be demonstrating when others commit despicable acts in the name of their faith, but hey, I guess I'm an idealist or something ~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:41 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2008, 01:41 PM 1 #4 of 54
No, you're just a weird person who thinks demonstrations are required to compensate for outside ignorance. Demonstrations condemning Western countries or policies are barely noticed as it is.
I don't see how it is so weird in our modern globalized times. Besides, I witness this on both an international and local point of view. See my Mohamed caricature reference earlier.

Answering "lulz all terrorists" to any thread that involves a westerner criticizing Islam is fine I guess, but trying to understand the causes behind it would be better.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:20 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2008, 06:20 PM #5 of 54
To push another analogy, have you seen wide-scale demonstrations by Christians against pedophiliac clergymen? And somehow it's easier for everyone to accept that these are isolated cases without the aid of street protests.
But pedophiliac clergymen are sanctioned by their church ... =/

And yes, this has gotten off tangent like pretty much all Islam related topics do. I'll grant you that pretty much all Bush/American foreign policy topics do as well, though. ~_~

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Not a Muslim? Can't say Allah in Malaysia.