Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:59 PM #1 of 44
What is the functional difference between that and universal health care paid by tax dollars?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:35 PM #2 of 44
The functional difference is that with universal health care there's a government rate for it, while the individual mandate could leave people in a shitty position of having to choose between multiple avenues of coverage that doesn't fit them.

So in the end, sure, everyone has health care, but in one case you're just given it and in the other you're told to get it OR ELSE.
Well I agree that universal health care w/ a not-for-profit system would be the best, and that's what I want, and I'm totally willing to pay more in taxes to make it happen. In lieu of that though,

actually honestly scratch that thought, really the only thing that should be done (and that can be done to benefit the taxpayer) is to end the for-profit medical institution. I have no interest in protecting the profit margin of companies that have no interest in protecting my profit margin (or take-home pay, you know, whatever).

apropos to this conversation: Open enrollment is going on with my employer. I have the option of picking up their health insurance, or staying on COBRA for the next year. My COBRA payments are $600 a month, for one person; the monthly payments for my company are significantly cheaper but the coverage is such that my COBRA coverage is actually cheaper in the long run. It has nothing to do with doctors being out of network, and I'm not riddled with cancer, preggers, or supporting a family. This is such bullshit.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage