Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2009, 01:18 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2009, 11:18 AM #1 of 44
The fuck? I'm trying to just find A job and now they want to fucking fine my ass because I'm unemployed and without health insurance? OH GREAT, ONE MORE FUCKING THING I GET TO WORRY ABOUT

Quote:
The government would provide subsidies for the poor and many middle-class families
Subsidies probably means a percentage discount, because I cannot imagine them cutting the cost by 100%... which means I'll STILL be drained of income, and suppose they shovel me into some plan where I can't use the health insurance for a certain period, or it comes with pre-conditions? FUCK THIS BILL.

Quote:
The legislation would exempt certain hardship cases from fines.
Oh and suppose they decide I'm not a 'hardship' case? What's the criteria? Suppose I get a minimum wage job somewhere, am I suddenly no longer a hardship case? FUCK THIS BILL.

I cannot believe its come to this. I'm all for revamping the health care system but this is more of the rich punishing the poor and trying to 'squeeze a little more blood out of a rock' kind of crap. Excuse my language but at present this is making me very pissed off.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2009, 09:16 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2009, 07:16 PM #2 of 44
Wow... just... wow.

Question: It appears I may be eligible for ACCESS, which is for low-income families and is paid for by (drumroll) state taxes, I wonder if this would exempt me from that ungodly idiodic provision as Devo quoted (Also, source of that?).

But seriously, if they include any sort of 'mandate' like that in the bill, I'm ... well I'm sure what I'm going to do. I AM going to, however, call my reps and senators to oppose this particular rider (and push for supporting a public option but LOL REPUBLICAN SENATORS).

I said it months ago but it bears repeating: FUCK THIS BILL

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:31 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2009, 09:31 PM #3 of 44
I meant LOL REPUB SENATORS as in the two asshats "representing" Arizona. John's Kyle and McCain, but it seems LOL POLITICIANS is more accurate.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:56 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2009, 03:56 PM #4 of 44
And now Pelosi seems to have done a 180 on her stance and now supports the Public Option, apparently:

Pelosi makes case for government-run health option - Yahoo! News

Quote:
WASHINGTON – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that the case is growing stronger for allowing the government to sell health insurance in competition with private companies, contending recent attacks from the industry should dispel any doubts.

Whether the Senate bill will include a public plan in any form is a major question mark, but "our House bill will have a public option," the California Democrat declared.

Pelosi supports that version though she said a final decision hadn't been made. She said that if people are going to be required to purchase health insurance — as all the health bills on Capitol Hill contemplate — they need to have access to the cheaper rates government insurance could offer.

"If you are going to mandate that people must buy insurance, why would you throw them into the lion's den of the insurance industry without some leverage with a public option?" she asked.
Bolded for emphasis on the problem I'm currently worried about, concerning this overall bill.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:14 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2011, 05:14 PM #5 of 44
Two years later, a major update to the topic appears.

*ahem*

A U.S. Appeals court strikes down the health insurance individual mandate requirement from the Healthcare Legislation.

Appeals court strikes health insurance requirement - Yahoo! News

Quote:
ATLANTA (AP) ? A federal appeals panel struck down the centerpiece of President Barack Obama's sweeping health care overhaul Friday, moving the argument over whether Americans can be required to buy health insurance a step closer to the U.S. Supreme Court.

The divided three-judge panel of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals concluded Congress overstepped its authority when lawmakers passed the so-called individual mandate, the first such decision by a federal appeals court. It's a stinging blow to Obama's signature legislative achievement, as most experts agree the requirement that Americans carry health insurance — or face tax penalties — is the foundation for other parts of the law.

Chief Judge Joel Dubina and Circuit Judge Frank Hull found in a 207-page opinion that lawmakers cannot require residents to "enter into contracts with private insurance companies for the purchase of an expensive product from the time they are born until the time they die."
This requirement was one sticking point that I had a personal and strong disagreement with. Its one thing to want to have everyone covered, but to make it legally binding that you MUST buy insurance or be fined? FUCK THAT, imo. Also, since its only an Appellate court, it doesn't mean the fight is over, but its a start. Thoughts?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage