Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Burger King of Fighters XII - Free with large Whopper meal

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2008, 03:51 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2008, 10:51 PM #76 of 141
Thanks dude, I hadn't seen those yet, I'd only seen one video. I agree it doesn't look boring at all, and nice catch on the hat, that's an awesome detail.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2008, 04:09 PM #77 of 141
Welcome, sur. I might as well post the other one with Shen and Kyo fighting. It's a much better quality. Watch it on the ps3 ;p

KOFXII HIGH QUALITY VID - Shen and Ryo vs Kyo and Ash

Also, yeah there was another showing Athena's gameplay. It's probably the second link i posted earlier. Oh and I forgot to mention that Billy (Rage of the Dragons) was a confirmed character for this 2 months back. Is this true because I hear things about Keith tagging along as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by chato; Sep 18, 2008 at 04:13 PM.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:43 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2008, 03:43 PM #78 of 141
The only thing confirmed is Big Bear/Raiden from this poster:

Also taken from Highervoltage:

Originally Posted by Vincent Draconis
They work. But for convenience, I reupped the videos.

Leona: MediaFire / MegaUpload
Terry: MediaFire / MegaUpload
Love Terry readjusting his hat after each Crackshot.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Rotorblade; Sep 18, 2008 at 05:47 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:50 PM #79 of 141
Ahh I just found that out by my brother. This probably means we won't see Tizoc anymore.

Also , I kind of upped those two vids already, RB ^^;. Great vids though.

FELIPE NO
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:54 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2008, 03:54 PM #80 of 141
THESE PAGES MOVE SO FAST THOUGH

And no Tizoc? But we HAVE to see this in action:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2008, 08:09 PM #81 of 141
Well. It looks like this game will have a total of 20 characters. Which means that they should think very carefully in who they add in this game. Raiden, so far, is a bad move.

Originally Posted by cfx

Kukino started off by revealing that the concept behind KOFXII is "Rebirth." With 2009 marking the 15th anniversary of the King of Fighters series, the developers decided to take the game back to its roots and to give it a new start and new graphics.

KOFXII still plays in 2D, but Kukino noted that its graphics are different from the recent 2D fighters in the market that are colored in cell-shaded animation style (like the Guilty Gear X franchise or BlazBlue). Instead, KOFXII will feature characters that are drawn in more of the traditional, hand-dotted pixel art, which the series has been known for.

KOFXII's first trailer didn't appear until this February, over one year after the game's initial announcement. But from the smoothly animating characters, it seemed apparent that the developers had been making an effort in redrawing the graphics from scratch. Kukino confirmed that, in fact, the character creation for KOFXII has been very time-consuming. According to Kukino, in order to give a three-dimensional look to the characters and to make them move smoothly, the artists created 3D models, took a 2D image of it, and used that as a guide to draw the pixel art.

"Overall, it's a very hard process that could take 16 months for even an experienced designer to do alone. In terms of data, the character size is about four times larger [than in previous installments]. But when considering the extra errors that come about in doing the [bigger] pixel art, the trouble is more than four times what it used to be."

"Each character in KOFXII has around 400 to 600 [sprite] patterns. Every single one of them is hand-drawn, and it's something that we're proud of. I'll only say it here, but we believe that this is something that no other company can imitate, something that only SNK Playmore can do," Kukino said.

Kukino then went on to talk about KOFXII's game system, and explained that the main concept behind it is sort of a man-against-man, "fist-versus-fist" battle. So as a result, the developers decided to abolish the multi-shift system from KOFXI and to return to the simpler 3-on-3-elimination format that the game originally pioneered.

Kukino confirmed that there will be a total of 20 characters in KOFXII, 11 of which are playable in the AM Show build: Kyo, Terry, Ryo, Ash, Robert, Kim, Ralf, Shen-wu, Benimaru, Leona, and Athena. KOFXII is currently 60 percent complete in development, and there will be beta tests before the game's proper release.

"We are aiming for the ultimate 2D fighting game and ultimate 2D pixel graphics," Kukino said in closing. "I've been working in this industry since the pixel-art days, so I know the importance of a single pixel. A single pixel can vitally change the expression on a [character's] face. We've taken that skill to an ultimate level."

So yea...20 characters is kinda dull. I only hope we get more than that on the home versions.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:39 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2008, 02:39 PM #82 of 141
Although I'm not the biggest KOF fan to begin with (I'm hoping KOF XII will change my mind ), I wholeheartedly disagree. That's actually one thing I've always disliked about KOF, the giant roster that never let me get into the flow of any of the characters. As long as the 20 characters are well-balanced and worked out and diverse, I really think it's a good idea to limit the number a bit.

Though, I'd guess they probably didn't choose to limit the number of characters, but were forced to because of the sheer amount of work per character.

Quote:
I'll only say it here, but we believe that this is something that no other company can imitate, something that only SNK Playmore can do
See that Capcom? >:I

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by surasshu; Sep 19, 2008 at 07:43 AM.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:47 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2008, 09:47 AM #83 of 141
the developers decided to take the game back to its roots and to give it a new start
It would seem that they are going back gameplay-wise because seeing Ash there means that they are not going to reboot the story, but Terry with the original costume makes me wonder if this is a Dream Match. I hope so since the Orochi team was probably the greatest team ever and I would kill to see them in HD.

I'm glad to see Leona there. I love her new look so far. Looks like a mix between her original costume and the alternative from MI2.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:18 AM #84 of 141
I doubt it will be a dream match, they have the finish the ash saga. Every saga goes by threes, so we need one more KoF to finish up the Ash saga, and then the dream match will begin.

As for the roster, that's fine. I dont mind that there's not a lot of characters, I am just hoping my favorites will be there...[Whip, K', Kula]. I'd also like to see Lin make a return with Duolon.

Most amazing jew boots
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 05:03 PM #85 of 141
And so, we open up the evening with 2 more videos

Athena kicking Kim and Benimaru's ass

Ash vs ROIDRAGE RALF

It's getting better everyday :drool: .

EDIT : Forgot two others..

Someone playing better with Terry vs Robert Garcia

More Gameplay with Kyo and Ash

Robert Garcia is still nasty but I really hate that fighting stance of his. I prefer 2003's or NGBC..

Last edited by chato; Sep 19, 2008 at 05:16 PM.
ROBOTRON
100% Pure Robot !!!

Member 4055

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:56 PM #86 of 141
I'm excited for KOF XII, but after watching some of the vids...I must admit this could be run on PS2 hardware. I haven't gone Nextgen yet, I guess with the release of this game and others like SF4 and Soul Calibur, I'm gonna finally have to break down and get one. Oh, how could I forget BlazeBlue. Thats gonna be awesome too.

Fight Like A Robot!
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2008, 08:30 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2008, 03:30 PM #87 of 141
I'm excited for KOF XII, but after watching some of the vids...I must admit this could be run on PS2 hardware.
What are you talking about? That's exactly what it can't be run on.

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2008, 01:16 PM #88 of 141
Running on the ps2 huh? I can imagine 80 percent of the graphics lookin shitty.

Anyway. New vids :

Spoiler:
pass:12 , and type in the two numbers shown in the 2nd box

Robert Garcia vs Ralf and Athena

Another gameplay vid..

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 05:38 AM #89 of 141
Well this is fun :

So.. all they did was remove Iori's shirt and change the color scheme of the pants and top lol. Oh well, looks like nothing much was done on Andy Bogard but it's great to see him return after so long.

On a serious note : SNK confirmed that this will be the last episode in the ash saga. The only problem is that they never worked on the script yet o.o.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:40 AM #90 of 141
Time to bring this back up . Three new screens of Iori,Raiden and Andy are up.

Why don't we just give Yashiro's pants to Iori. But damn can hunch more than ever ?

Welcome back , Andy >=]

Yeah uh.. No one cares if you can do a rush attack in HD.

Here's the worse :
Quote:
Rumors/Details so far: No story mode, so no special endings... Because they're concentrating on balance, gameplay depth, and the graphics. There will be at least 4 alternate colors per character, and 2 BGMs per stage... There will be no SDMs, which DMs being the most powerful attacks you have... They decided to keep the character count small since with large rosters you end up with a lot of characters not being used... There will be no "default teams," just 20 edit characters to create a team of 3, and no "EX" characters... Several characters have all new costumes and will most likely have a handful of new moves.
I can live with 2 bgms per stage. But no story mode is kinda crazy.. Oh well , I'm looking forward to it.

Most amazing jew boots
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:02 PM #91 of 141
Those rumors are very lame. I'm hoping they are, because it makes that new KOF sound very shallow, and empty.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:49 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 10:49 AM 1 #92 of 141
Those rumors are very lame. I'm hoping they are, because it makes that new KOF sound very shallow, and empty.
Yeah because every time I buy a new version of Street Fighter or Tekken or in fact any other one-on-one beat 'em up it's so I can find out what happens next in the story.

"Holy shit, Paul totally owned that bear at the end of Tekken 2, I can't wait to play Tekken 3 to find out what happens next!"

"So Ken won the tournament and then got laid by some smokin' poon on his yaught. I hope they make Street Fighter 3 soon coz if I don't find out what happens next I'm going to explode!"

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:39 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 01:39 PM #93 of 141
As irrelevant as story in beat 'em ups is, there always has been one in King of Fighters games (moreso than most games in the genre) that affects many of the characters, so to have one specifically left out is a strange choice.

Look at Bangai-O. The story was completely silly, but removing it from Spirits left you with a much more fractured, random experience. Great game, but even a little dialogue between stages would have added some structure. So it does make a difference, however little.

Some sweetass gameplay footage from TGS. This game looks so freaking good <3

Gametrailers.com - The King of Fighters XII - TGS 08: Marketplace Gameplay (Cam) HD

Gametrailers.com - The King of Fighters XII - TGS 2008: Arena Gameplay (Cam) HD

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:51 AM 4 #94 of 141
Please. Do you really need a story for the new KOF?

Ok, I'll write one.

Ahem.

Originally Posted by KOF XII Leaked Story Mode Details
NEW EXCITING COMBAT ADVENTURE ARRIVES

MYSTERY INVITATION?!?!

CAN YOU SURVIVE THE VIOLENT

KING'S FIGHTING TWELVES BEGINNING RIGHT NOW

(wait for the player to win three fights)

WHO IS THE PROGENITOR OF FIGHT BATTLES?

A DISTRESSING MESSAGE OF SHADOWY GUY

"FU FU FU FU FU"

WHO WAS THAT?

(three more battles, and: )

THE SECRET OF FINDING IT OUT IS CLOSER

WHO IS BEHIND THE DEADLY

WAS IT

RUGAL?

FU FU FU FU FU FU FU I AM DEFINITELY NOT RUGAL

(3 more fights, then)

BOSS FIGHTING TIME

WE WILL NOW DISCOVER THE SECRET WITH PURE FIGHTING SPIRIT

GOD DAMN IT RUGAL I KNEW IT

"I DID FOOL YOU"

"RUUUUUUGAAAAAAL" I SHAKE MY FIST

"MY NAME IS RUGAL BUT I AM A STRONGER RUGAL THAN BEFORE YOU CANNOT BEAT MY NEW RUGAL TECHNIQUES OF FIGHTING"

"WE WILL DO THAT ANYWAY"

(they fight)

"RUGAL WE DID BEAT YOUR EVIL SCHEMING"

"OR.... DID YOU?"

(fight against RUGAL POWEREDUP VERSION)

"RUGAL SERIOUSLY GIVE UP NOW THIS IS STUPID"

"OKAY I WILL STOP FIGHTING NOW FOREVER"

"THANKS"

Character Endings

Athena remains famous and popular

Mai flirts with Andy and is rejected

Benimaru acts like a total fag and everyone is like "what a fag"

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:55 AM #95 of 141
As irrelevant as story in beat 'em ups is, there always has been one in King of Fighters games (moreso than most games in the genre) that affects many of the characters, so to have one specifically left out is a strange choice.

Look at Bangai-O. The story was completely silly, but removing it from Spirits left you with a much more fractured, random experience. Great game, but even a little dialogue between stages would have added some structure. So it does make a difference, however little.

Some sweetass gameplay footage from TGS. This game looks so freaking good <3

Gametrailers.com - The King of Fighters XII - TGS 08: Marketplace Gameplay (Cam) HD

Gametrailers.com - The King of Fighters XII - TGS 2008: Arena Gameplay (Cam) HD
I'm glad to see that Iori still retains some of his basic combos. I heard he still has his X-slash after performing the usual super move.

How ya doing, buddy?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 06:01 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 09:01 PM 4 #96 of 141
Yeah because every time I buy a new version of Street Fighter or Tekken or in fact any other one-on-one beat 'em up it's so I can find out what happens next in the story.

"Holy shit, Paul totally owned that bear at the end of Tekken 2, I can't wait to play Tekken 3 to find out what happens next!"

"So Ken won the tournament and then got laid by some smokin' poon on his yaught. I hope they make Street Fighter 3 soon coz if I don't find out what happens next I'm going to explode!"
I agree, but then again, fighting games have given us some of the best ending sequences ever.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 06:18 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 12:18 PM #97 of 141
YouTube Video

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:54 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 06:54 AM #98 of 141
A good presentation is all the game needs, whether it's from a story or from great splash-page like transitions is up to you. To be honest, I'm just hoping there's good online play, because if not, it severely limits my interest in the game. I'd sooner have competition than story in a fighting game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:52 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 11:52 AM #99 of 141
Is there any good 2D fighter in consoles with good net code? I only tried GGXX for the xbox back then and it was laggy as hell.

Thank god Capcom decided to work with the GGPO guys so it gives me hope. If SNK doesn't do the same, it's hard to see how can they improve the net code.

PS: GGPO is awesome. I play with a crappy 512k connection and I have no lag whatsoever.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:50 AM 1 #100 of 141

I knew someone would throw sarcasm at my words. And yea...ok I get it...stories in a fighting game isn't exactly a big point or focus, but fighting games for the most part DO have a story, no matter how benign. So for me, I DO want to see what's going to happen in KoF XII. I want to know Ash's real intention...is he a anti-hero or a villain? Who were those new people in KoF 03 that showed themselves after you defeated Mukai? What's their connection with Orochi? The one thing that has made KoF really stand out was its actual story. Fans of the series prided that issue, saying it was far more interesting than SF or any other fighting game. So for SNK...to go and disregard their own story, and not only that, but make the character roster small, not have the ultra super moves etc etc.... I find it rather insulting. It's like their saying "Haha, we could make a KOF game with five characters, and no extra content that we've had since the beginning, and you stupid fans would eat it up."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Burger King of Fighters XII - Free with large Whopper meal