Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Tales of Vesperia announced, next main Tales

Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2009, 05:00 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2009, 04:00 PM #251 of 271
Kind of expected it considering it is Namco and looking back at Symphonia.

Anyway, there is another trailer up new hi-ougis and whatnot.

YouTube Video

edit: and just as I was about to ask if anyone got their promotional cd from the LE, I check my mail and get a giant envelope.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Celisasu
Tattered Wings

Member 8011

Level 9.35

Jun 2006

Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:12 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2009, 05:12 PM #252 of 271
At first glance I didn't think the changes were all that big, at least not enough to justify all the bitching that has been going down by Xbox Owners. However I can relate, and understand how they feel since the game has a ton of extra features.

2 playable characters not in the first make of the game? New cutscenes and skits to accomdate those characters? New sidequests? New dungeon and areas? Tales of the Abyss style costumes?

I still don't think people should be complaining so much, if it was announced at the time of release that a PS3 port would happen with extra stuff...people would still of bought the X360 version just because of how long the wait was. The only thing they have room to complain about is that the content wont be available to them. Kinda sucks but oh well.
Pity they can't at least make it downloadable content. Say $10 to get everything. Costs 360 owners a bit more but at least they can get everything without having to pay another $60 for the game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
EpicNotion
Banned

Member 33988

Level 2.25

Jul 2009

Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:52 PM #253 of 271
I think the DLC would really be hard to code in. I think alot of the main story has changed, to accommadate an addition two more party members. I could be wrong, but it seems that its not as simple as just adding costumes or a few spells.

Then are you stuck with "Well why not just release that version on the 360 too"?. You could, but chances are it will have a 59.99 price tag on the ps3, how butthurt would X360 only owners be about that? Then make it 29.99 on x360? Then PS3 owners are butthurt over paying twice the amount. You can't please everyone.

Edit:
The JAP boxart on the ps3 version is terrible, I mean if it got localized I would be too happy to care...but looking at it right now is like /cringe.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:00 PM #254 of 271
Who is this second party member? Maybe I've missed it, but all the stuff I've seen has only shown that pirate girl.

If I wasn't already on a third (well, 3.5) playthrough to finish up getting everything, I would probably buy those Abyss outfits as DLC. I don't really care about any of the other stuff shown since I rarely use Mystic or Burst artes anyway, but I do love a good costume. Maybe if they released them very soon, but that's not going to happen.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:22 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2009, 09:22 PM #255 of 271
Flynn Scifo is the second playable character added for the port. Sort of disappointing, in a small way.

I mean, yeah, it's nice that the second character's not a child-pirate or something similarly retarded, but I like Flynn more as the "ally working behind the scenes" type role they put him in. It was nice to have a story where a character was helping the party significantly without having to be up front fighting the bad guys with them.

On the other hand, Dual Hi-ougi with Yuri. Balances out.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:37 PM #256 of 271
Yeah, that's kinda weird that they've made Flynn playable. I mean, I kept expecting him to join me for awhile my first time through the game, but I liked how he had his own party going around the world fixing things. If he's with you, then where does that leave Sodia and Witcher?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
EpicNotion
Banned

Member 33988

Level 2.25

Jul 2009

Old Jul 8, 2009, 04:30 PM #257 of 271
I think it depends on when he joins you. Joining you at Dahngrest which was shown in the preview makes sense, he could come along to stop whatshisface. Maybe have him join temporarily in other spots in the game before finally joining up permanantly after Aurion is built. It wouldnt be contradicting since Witcher and Sodia aren't really doing anything by the point anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:17 AM #258 of 271
This probably doesn't really have a good place in this thread but as I look at that trailer above I can't help but wonder why Eternal Sonata's rather jerky/robotic facial and body animations still exist. These games that Namco puts out are gorgeous to look at but the characters just don't move with the same quality as everything else in the game. I just wish they'd put more effort into that. I know it can be done and that they have the talent.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:14 AM #259 of 271
edit: and just as I was about to ask if anyone got their promotional cd from the LE, I check my mail and get a giant envelope.
I still haven't received mine... I'm hoping it didn't get lost in the mail or something. Our apartment is weird like that; we often get mail for several people who lived here years ago... Even some with (apparently) no last names.

Also, it would nice to get the new stuff as DLC, but as stated above, it probably wouldn't be that easy, especially if it plays with the actual story. I think.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:11 AM 1 #260 of 271
If it's not an unlock code, it won't be DLC. That's just how Namco-Bandai rolls.

Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:19 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2009, 08:19 PM #261 of 271
I still haven't received mine... I'm hoping it didn't get lost in the mail or something. Our apartment is weird like that; we often get mail for several people who lived here years ago... Even some with (apparently) no last names.
There were some people who got it in May, and some who still haven't gotten it. All you can do is pray?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:26 PM #262 of 271
I don't have a PS3, but if I did, I might buy it to compare to the 360 version.

However, from what I saw from the preview, I think I would have been disappointed.

One of the main storylines of the 360 is Yuri trying to be better than Flynn. He keeps calling Flynn "The Great Flynn." Throughout the game, Flynn is one step ahead of Yuri. Until Flynn needs Yuri's help. And THAT's the only time they work together. To me, that makes more sense than what the PS3 version looks like.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:52 PM #263 of 271
One of the main storylines of the 360 is Yuri trying to be better than Flynn. He keeps calling Flynn "The Great Flynn." Throughout the game, Flynn is one step ahead of Yuri. Until Flynn needs Yuri's help. And THAT's the only time they work together. To me, that makes more sense than what the PS3 version looks like.
Yeah, there are very few places in the game where Flynn could join the party and it not lessen the impact of that portion of the story. Hell, without serious retooling it wouldn't even make sense for him to be with you most of the game due to his knightly duties.

Of course, if the ending was changed around a little bit:
to show Yuri dumping Sodia's body over Dahngrest's bridge, and then high-fiving Flynn, it would be the greatest game ever. He did say he had no intention of forgiving her little bout of stabbity rage.

FELIPE NO
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:11 PM #264 of 271
Yeah, there are very few places in the game where Flynn could join the party and it not lessen the impact of that portion of the story. Hell, without serious retooling it wouldn't even make sense for him to be with you most of the game due to his knightly duties.

Of course, if the ending was changed around a little bit:
to show Yuri dumping Sodia's body over Dahngrest's bridge, and then high-fiving Flynn, it would be the greatest game ever. He did say he had no intention of forgiving her little bout of stabbity rage.
LOL. True. That would definitely change things around a bit. But, what if that were done somewhere in the middle of the game?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:43 AM #265 of 271
I officially hate PS3 owners now.

Quote:
The upcoming Tales of Vesperia movie comes courtesy of Kadokawa Pictures. Kadokawa is a large Japanese entertainment company and owns loads of famous properties. Properties like Sgt. Frog.

Upcoming DLC for ToV offers players a Sgt. Frog costume, which apparently even makes their character sound like Sgt. Frog!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:13 AM #266 of 271
I have high doubts that will make it to the US version with all the licensing crap. Funimation could be hardly bothered for a cameo appearance when they're having a hard enough time getting the show off the ground. But stranger things have happened. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is supposedly coming over here after all.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:24 AM #267 of 271
Oh man, first the Tales of the Abyss costumes and now this. I would replay Vesperia for a fourth time just to play as Sgt. Frog. It's not even a huge stretch since Karol already gets that frog costume title from the play. You'd think with all the utterly useless DLC Namco-Bandai shoved onto the 360 marketplace we would've gotten at least one cool thing like this.

But stranger things have happened. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is supposedly coming over here after all.
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom has its own bad news with the loss of Phoenix Wright, though. He actually would've been enough of a reason for me to buy the game, and I'm not a big fan of 2D fighters.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:53 AM #268 of 271
Given that the PS3 is region-free, and I've already played the game (so I don't really need it in English), it wouldn't be a gigantic stretch just to import it (if I had a PS3). Besides, I've only heard Keroro Gunso in Japanese anyway, so hearing him in English wouldn't be as special.

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:33 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2009, 11:33 PM #269 of 271
Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:18 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2009, 04:18 PM #270 of 271
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz KARORU~~~~~~~

YouTube Video

Also, bounce, moe twinkle, finger point, and other stuff.

Too bad Namco is all "lol fuck america ^^" about the thing.

edit:

Most amazing jew boots
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2009, 12:52 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2009, 10:52 PM #271 of 271
It's getting slightly ridiculous
Reindeer costumes and the ability to run around as the wolf, really?
Furry demographic = satisfied, I guess.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Tales of Vesperia announced, next main Tales