Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Blood Bowl - Probably more fun than anything EA Sports have churned out lately

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:05 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2009, 09:05 PM #1 of 7
Blood Bowl - Probably more fun than anything EA Sports have churned out lately

'Sup fellow Games Workshop nerds?

Having been out of the country for a while, I was until yesterday completely unaware that there's a Blood Bowl computer game getting released on Friday.

For those not in the know, Blood Bowl was a Games Workshop table-top game based on American Football, only with orcs and elves and a lot more violence. The first edition was, like many Games Workshop products of the early 90's, a bit badly thought out and overly reliant on reams of paper work and ownership of every single White Dwarf article on the subject. The re-released version however was an awesome game, which was wildly popular at my school thanks mainly to a more accessible rules set than either 40k or Fantasy Battle and the fact you only needed at least 12 miniatures, which you could buy in one boxed set.

The computer game is, so far as I can tell a more or less straight adaptation of the board game, only with an added real-time mode, for fans of button-mashing. There's a video on Live, from which the graphics look passable, although real-time mode looks a little slow paced.

Like I said, I was a huge fan of the board game so I'll probably pick this up, if only to play with the people I used to play the board game with. GW games are generally of a pretty high quality though so it might actually turn out being pretty good.

It's coming out on 360, PC and DS by the way.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:39 PM #2 of 7
This looks really interesting. Kinda makes me want a Pigskin Footbrawl remake. I'll see if I have the funds to pick up the DS version and see how it plays. I love Warhammer's orcs better than WoW's that's for sure.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Evren
Derp

Member 34878

Level 1.34

Nov 2009

Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:40 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2009, 04:40 PM #3 of 7
I always liked the look of it, I just don't know what console I want it on...

I just hope it has all the humour that Blood Bowl is famous for.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:26 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2009, 11:26 PM #4 of 7
I used to play a Norse team in the tabletop version, so I'll definitely pick up the 360 version at some point. Not prepared to pay full price for it though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2009, 07:17 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2009, 01:17 PM #5 of 7
I used to play a Norse team in the tabletop version, so I'll definitely pick up the 360 version at some point. Not prepared to pay full price for it though.
Let me know when you do. I've asked for this for christmas so I'll be playing it after then I imagine. I used to have a very successful Skaven team, a Dark Elf team and an Undead team. I wonder if they've kept the mutation rules for Chaos and Saven teams and if so, if they've kept in the ridiculous, stacking bonuses. I had a Skaven Gutter-runner who was fast enough to score in one turn from my own half. A mate had a bunch of Chaos Warriors who would cause a fatal injury on a six or more on 2D6.

Ah, happy days.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2009, 07:40 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2009, 01:40 PM #6 of 7
Ahh those damnable gutter-runners. >_<

Skaven were without a doubt the most challenging type of team to play against. Considering the sheer potential for multiplayer awesome, maybe I should consider this one of the exceptions to my usual policy of being a cheapskate. After all, online play tends to dry up after a while.

Most amazing jew boots
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2009, 09:04 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2009, 03:04 PM #7 of 7
Like I said, I'm mainly getting this to play my mates, I can only imagine the kind of hateful nerds one might run into playing randoms at this.

What with the drip-feeding of rules through White Dwarf, Blood Bowl was at times one of the most unbalanced games of all time so one hopes they've tweaked that in this version. I'm also hoping that by waiting a month, everyone I do play onlie won't be rocking a team consisting entirely of Morg'n Thorg.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Blood Bowl - Probably more fun than anything EA Sports have churned out lately