Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] WET - Eliza Dushku says fuck, young boys sprout wood and buy because of the title.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2009, 05:17 PM Local time: Sep 14, 2009, 03:17 PM #1 of 19
WET - Eliza Dushku says fuck, young boys sprout wood and buy because of the title.

WET - Bethesda Softworks

I know I am. Game look pretty slick in the trailers.

It was apparently going to be published by Activision Blizzard but then it got dropped and picked up by Bethesda (of Fallout 3 fame) for publishing. Too bad the developer Artificial Mind and Movement (AM2) has a pretty shitty resume with games like Mercenaries 2 and High School Musical.

It does have a pretty neat cast though: Eliza Dushku as Rubi Malone, Malcolm McDowell as Rupert Pellum/Mr. Eckers, Parry Shen as Zhi, Ron Yuan as Ratboy / Dr.Afro and Alan Cumming as Sorrell.

A few videos here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2009, 05:23 PM Local time: Sep 14, 2009, 03:23 PM #2 of 19
The demo's alright.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2009, 05:25 PM Local time: Sep 14, 2009, 05:25 PM #3 of 19
I thought the demo was actually pretty fun. The style is spot-on and anyone who likes Max Payne or Stranglehold will get a kick out of it.

My only complaint so far was that the controls felt really stiff in parts, when what they're really going for in a game like this is fluidity and being able to get from one enemy to another easily. Oh, and I felt like more of the goofy music would be a good thing.

I do like that they just got rid of a meter for the bullet time, and just let you use it whenever you want.

I'll probably wait for the price to drop before I get it, though, cause I'm strapped for cash.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:55 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 12:55 AM #4 of 19
Played the PS3 demo, enjoyed it somewhat. Seems like this is a mashup of Tarantino-inspired excess and a western take on Killer 7/No More Heroes-esque stylised ultraviolence. I liked the initial slidey jumpy bullet-timey gunplay and the subsequent acrobatic chase interlude, I fucking ADORED the heavily stylised slash-em-up sequence, and I loathed the quick-timer-event-ridden on-rails highway section.

Definitely not a day-one purchase, but once it inevitably hits the £20 mark a few months down the line I'll pick it up for sure. It seems alright, but I don't really see it getting more than average-to-decent reviews.

Oh, and the music is fantastic.

How ya doing, buddy?
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:02 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 09:02 AM #5 of 19
WET? Played that years ago.
Man that game was below standards, even for internetless horny teens.

Katana wielding cowboys seems to become increasingly popular of late.
There's something ridiculous yet awesome to it.

Sounds like the demo is worth a whirl. I'll have a go at it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:05 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 12:05 AM #6 of 19
Except you know, she's not even a cowboy (or a cowgirl for that matter).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:09 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 01:09 AM #7 of 19
You know...

My only complaint so far was that the controls felt really stiff in parts, when what they're really going for in a game like this is fluidity and being able to get from one enemy to another easily

I do like that they just got rid of a meter for the bullet time, and just let you use it whenever you want.

I'll probably wait for the price to drop before I get it, though, cause I'm strapped for cash.
Um yeah. That. But also...

I fucking ADORED the heavily stylised slash-em-up sequence, and I loathed the quick-timer-event-ridden on-rails highway section.

Definitely not a day-one purchase, but once it inevitably hits the £20 mark a few months down the line I'll pick it up for sure. It seems alright, but I don't really see it getting more than average-to-decent reviews.

Oh, and the music is fantastic.
Yeah, those.

I'll be buying this when it's cheaper. The score, however, is tremendous. Same guy who does the music for Beck.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:09 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 07:09 AM #8 of 19
Yeah, the demo was decent enough, but definitely not a day-one purchase. If I see this cheap down the road and have some time to kill then I'll give it a look as I enjoyed the demo, but yeah, too much other good shit coming out over the next 6 months.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:20 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 05:20 PM #9 of 19
What's got me sold on this is most definitely the score. The game looks pretty slick and entertaining, but the "face-melting, musical debauchery" score sounds fantastic. If I'm willing to invest the time and money, I'll probably get this game just to experience the soundtrack in context.

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:32 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 09:32 AM #10 of 19
Except you know, she's not even a cowboy (or a cowgirl for that matter).
Now that you mention it, no, I actually never did see her tending cattle at a ranch.
Also she's not even wielding a Katana.

Just saying I like the mixed styles, rather than ye olde "black suit gangsters in Chinatown" setting.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:48 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 01:48 AM #11 of 19
Mixed? She sports contemporary clothing.

Bounty hunter with style, etc.

Also agreeing with the score, but a definite later day purchase.

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:21 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 11:21 AM #12 of 19
You call it whatever rocks your boat, dude.
Chinese Dao in one hand, Western inspired gun in the other, classic skin jacked and Irezumi-ish tattooed arm. It's all good.

Rapier Cowboy agrees she's hot.
Oh shit, I just fucked up again, didn't I?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:37 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 02:37 AM #13 of 19
The score, however, is tremendous. Same guy who does the music for Beck.
I guess that'd make sense. I remember playing the demo and thinking, "Man, this shitty game sure has some sweet music."

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:04 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 04:04 AM #14 of 19
I guess that'd make sense. I remember playing the demo and thinking, "Man, this shitty game sure has some sweet music."
I can't agree that it's shitty. It isn't a horrible game, as it has a lot going for it, it just isn't amazing. The Tarantino references in all the reviews are very apt, but not for the reason most of the critics use it.

It's a lot of flash and very little substance. If people just said it was fun with a lot of style, it'd be fine. Because that's what this is. It's not a piece of shit, but it's not tremendous. It's just well polished.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:53 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 05:53 AM #15 of 19
I didn't even know there was a demo for it. I'll cue it right now and play it later.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:19 PM 2 #16 of 19
Played the demo a while ago. It was okay, something I would rent or borrow but not something I would get overly exited for. The music was sweet and the badass theme was cool too but the aiming was bad, unless you're going slow-mo 90% of the time, you're not going to hit anything and the controls had me running next to enemies and failing wall jumps.
The "berserk" mode when everything gets bloody is pretty cool, at least I thought it was until all I saw was red and the faster controls only resulted in random shooting and button mashing the sword.

I think the highlights are the cinematic viewpoints when she pulls off moves from the latter or the wall but again, you have to be going in slow-mo if you want to hit anything.
Now that I think about playing it, it kinda sucks. Fuck this game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:33 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 10:33 AM #17 of 19
I played the demo this morning too and I liked it a lot. I have mixed feelings about the gameplay but, goddamn, the whole thing looks freakin' sweet. The music is pretty much the highlight of it though.

My main gripe with the game as a whole is that items and platforms you interact with aren't properly highlighted in the environment, so you end up scouring the area for something to do while dodging enemy fire; which is fucking SURGICAL. Meanwhile the controls don't lend themselves too well to the whole thing and aiming is atrocious unless you're doing one of the bullet-time moves. I'll stick with the demo for now and maybe I'll rent it just to get achievements.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:05 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 04:05 PM #18 of 19
Like most, I didn't hate the demo, but I certainly wasn't impressed by it enough to pay full price for it. And considering the pre-order incentive is $10 off the game, I have a feeling this one will hit the bargain bin pretty soon anyway.

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:16 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 04:16 PM #19 of 19
Oh wow. Wet's music already on Youtube. Checking songs now.

YouTube Video

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] WET - Eliza Dushku says fuck, young boys sprout wood and buy because of the title.