Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Do you think this is right?

Magusstorm
Sumire Kanzaki

Member 6605

Level 13.78

May 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:39 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 10:39 AM #1 of 8
Do you think this is right?

Sometime ago in GGF, I enquired into whether this "Xenogears & Xenosaga Episode 1, 2, 3 Soundtrack LOT" was a real soundtrack set or a fake that was being sold on ebay:

Xenogears & Xenosaga Episode 1, 2, 3 Soundtrack LOT

The response I got was that the set was a fake. There has been no item like this released on the market. If there had been the company who sells the OST would have told us! What has amazed me is that this seller has been selling unofficial soundtracks and is getting away with it! He only sells a minor selection of official soundtracks which is fine but he mainly sells unofficial OSTs as Complete Soundtracks! The description he for each item is:

Quote:
This collection is assembled from a salvage lot purchased from Japan.
Salvage = non-sellable inventory to due exterior damage
What we do:
1. Discs are removed from their broken cases.
2. Damaged cases and cover art are discarded in picture above and only CDs kept.
3. CDs are assembled into new collection and we create a custom cover for them.
4. Collections are shrink wrapped for protection.
Personally what do you think of this? I just can't believe that this guy is getting away and the game companies haven't got pissed off! Please tell me your thoughts.

Magusstorm.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Cherry Blossom Garden Thread
My Request Thread

Games of the Moment: Final Fantasy IX, Valkyrie 2: Silmeria
Soundtrack of the Moment: Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles

Sakura Taisen
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:07 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 06:07 PM #2 of 8
Personally, I'd let sleeping dogs lie. But I ain't touching those CDs with a 50-foot telephone pole. For all I know, they're just homemade audio cds converted from mp3s or things like that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:13 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 01:13 PM #3 of 8
Of course it's not right. But seriously, what is there to say ? Just another day on Ebay. People in the known know how to deal with those.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Magusstorm
Sumire Kanzaki

Member 6605

Level 13.78

May 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:39 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 12:39 PM #4 of 8
niki:

I do understand that, but when it comes to those don't know what the difference is, how do they actually know they are getting what they are actually paying for. They'll think the OSTs are great until a mate tells them that they are unofficial stuff.

Zergrinch

These type of people just drive me nuts selling Taiwanese unofficial crap or their own makes!! They say that they are official but they are not.

How ya doing, buddy?
My Request Thread

Sakura Taisen
Secret Squirrel
River Chocobo

Member 89

Level 24.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:17 AM #5 of 8
There's been a coordinated effort over at STC to get this guy shut down:

http://altpop.com/stc/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1688

However, it's not really getting anywhere. Ebay won't shut down any auctions, nor can any charges be filed, without a request from the copyright holders, which are all Japanese companies. Considering that they allow Sonmay and Everanime to operate worldwide, they don't seem to care what happens outside their home country, so there's little chance that anyone can do anything about this guy. The only idea that seems reasonable to me, is to undercut him and sell the same things, only cheaper (maybe at media cost), so that he can't do any business anymore. BTW, last year, I estimated that he had made a little over $100,000 by selling these fakes.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Slightly Dark -- updated weekly with rare out-of-print game music.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:53 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 08:53 PM #6 of 8
These type of people just drive me nuts selling Taiwanese unofficial crap or their own makes!! They say that they are official but they are not.
You are right of course. But as Secret Squirrel said, without a complaint from the copyright holder, there is nothing we can do about it.

And I can't personally take the moral high ground either. I have approximately 60 gigs worth of video game music, none of them legitimately purchased.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Magusstorm
Sumire Kanzaki

Member 6605

Level 13.78

May 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:03 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 03:03 PM #7 of 8
Zergrinch

I will admit aswell that I have around 118GB of just videogame music alone, but I have always made sure that they come from the actual proper product not just some shitty copy that someone random person has made. Apart from 4 of my soundtracks everything else I own is official. I always make sure that the catalog number relates to the official version aswell. It is just amazing how game companies are just standing by and allowing rip offs like this one get away with it!!!!

Secret Squirrel

I am personally amazed that Square Enix in particular haven't breathed down this seller's throat. I understand that Square Enix asked one of the Final Fantasy websites and Galbadia Hotel to remove their Final Fantasy mp3s,. but they can't be arsed to get something done about this git. It is ridiculous really is !!!

FELIPE NO
My Request Thread

Sakura Taisen
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:35 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 11:35 AM #8 of 8
Any "complete box" soundtracks or "lots" I see on eBay are almost always fraudulent. I don't even need to look up GMR or Chudah's Corner to tell that it's fake.

I read through that entire topic that SS linked to, and it looks like that guy in particular has gone through several eBay accounts, but not much else. As long as I can tell the difference between real and fake, I wouldn't worry about him anyway - there are other bootleggers beside him and there always will be.

Originally Posted by longhairmike
i wonder if the size 3XL womens clothing he sells is the stuff he cant fit into anymore...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Do you think this is right?