Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fuckin hate wet shoes.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 09:45 AM #1 of 44
Fuckin hate wet shoes.

In my opinion, wet shoes are the worst thing to happen to you ever that is also completely inconsequential. It just makes you miserable and that's it.

What's the biggest little thing that pisses you off the most?

How ya doing, buddy?
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 10:00 AM Local time: May 7, 2010, 10:00 AM #2 of 44
I have a terrible memory. SimDaddyGT can back me up on that one. I hate when I forget something. It's never usually anything big, but it gets me furious.

Example - Yesterday, one of my employees asked to stop at a speciality meats shop for some cracklin' (sup unhealthy food) on my way into work this morning. I set my alarm 5 minutes early to compensate. I woke up, showered, got ready, left the house, got on the interstate, got on the other interstate, figured out how much cracklin' I could get the guy with the money he gave me, did more driving, and then completely passed up the exit I was supposed to take. I didn't even realize it until I was a good 1/2 mi past the exit down I-10.

I cursed myself out for a good 5 min on the way to the next exit to turn around.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 10:14 AM Local time: May 7, 2010, 07:14 AM #3 of 44
I have several pet peeves. Jaywalkers strolling across a really busy street in front of my car when there's a crosswalk 10 ft away. People who stop in the middle of a busy walkway, lined up across it to block it when there's tons of people trying to get by. Things like that.

Also, wet shoes don't bug me as much as wet SOCKS do. Shoes dry pretty quickly. Socks do not

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 10:51 AM Local time: May 7, 2010, 04:51 PM #4 of 44
Wet shoes can turn into wet socks if the shoes aren't watertight and goddamn it is annoying. Something that really gets on my nerves? Getting morsels of food (seeds, apple skin...) stuck between my teeth. That drives me crazy until I can get chance to floss or at least use a toothpick.

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 11:02 AM #5 of 44

A fucking hang nail.

I get them on occasion, but nothing's worse than a cracked cuticle though.

I complain about these silly things because really, there wasn't a second that you aren't using these fingers. :\

I was speaking idiomatically.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 11:12 AM #6 of 44
Excluding traffic pet-peeves (because I could go on and on and on for DAYS), I get really aggravated when cabinets are left ajar, or worse, wide open. Even when you're putting dishes back or something like that, they can't be left open for more than a few seconds if you're not opening it. I lose my shit.

I can't stand when venetian blinds aren't perfectly aligned in a series of windows. If they AREN'T perfectly aligned, they damn well better be symmetric or in a pattern of some kind.

I have a whole host of neuroses regarding paperwork. Staples have to be just so, paperwork within folders must be perfectly crisp and aligned, so on.

As I get older, I realize I may suffer some form of OCD. It gets worse over time, too.

Wet shoes don't bother me so much, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 11:33 AM Local time: May 7, 2010, 05:33 PM #7 of 44
I complain about these silly things because really, there wasn't a second that you aren't using these fingers. :\
This is exactly why I complain about papercuts. No matter what I do, I'm using my fingers. Typing, pushing buttons of one kind of another, or even just reading a book, your fingers are rarely at rest.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 11:36 AM #8 of 44
Excluding traffic pet-peeves (because I could go on and on and on for DAYS), I get really aggravated when cabinets are left ajar, or worse, wide open. Even when you're putting dishes back or something like that, they can't be left open for more than a few seconds if you're not opening it. I lose my shit.

I have a whole host of neuroses regarding paperwork. Staples have to be just so, paperwork within folders must be perfectly crisp and aligned, so on.

As I get older, I realize I may suffer some form of OCD. It gets worse over time, too.

Wet shoes don't bother me so much, though.
Sass, you just peered into my brain and pulled out my thoughts! Another thing that is a total day-ruiner (that really shouldn't be) is people who interrupt when others are talking. That, and people who are formulating their next sentence while you're talking to them. You can see it in their eyes. They're just itching for their turn to blurt out whatever non sequitur they're busy cooking up while you're trying to effing tell them something.

That, and when the wind blows your hair into your lip gloss and then whips the glossy strand right across your glasses, leaving a trail of glittery pink goo that will not wipe off with any material yet invented by humans.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 01:29 PM Local time: May 7, 2010, 11:29 AM #9 of 44
The only thing that ruins my days is the lack of caffeine. If I don't have at least a cup of coffee in the morning either on my drive to work or before I get in the car, I have the worst withdrawal symptoms (and that's exactly what they are) that last all day like a mild hangover that won't go away. And don't even get me started how bad that was in the 2 or 3 weeks when I was quitting smoking; you straight just wake up HATING shit for no reason.

I swear, I would have been better off developing a fucking meth habit.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 05:25 PM #10 of 44
My family has this terrible habit of leaving the little things for someone else to do. We're not talking about taking out the garbage or shit like that. We're talking about tiny things like changing the toilet paper roll. I get so irritated when someone leaves an empty roll on the rack because they're too lazy to get a new one. Or worse, when they leave one or two tiny sheets left on it, because then they're 'justifying' not changing it.

And now that the weather is nice, windows are left open, and if the wind blows a piece of paper onto the floor, everyone will step over it rather than pick it up. Why?

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2010, 06:42 PM Local time: May 7, 2010, 05:42 PM 2 #11 of 44
Jews.

No I'm kidding.

It's Mexicans.

No, seriously though. Natives.

In actuality, there is one thing that will instantly ruin any day, no matter how great it's been: Being a captive audience for an idiot. Whether it's dealing with a client at work, or having to, god forbid, require speaking to a complete dumbfuck in order to require something I need.

It's that inability to get out of the conversation without harming myself in some way that does it. It's like being restrained. The knowledge this experience of having to listen to someone equate their current problem with a "hilarious" problem their cat had on the Thursday before last is necessary just murders me a little inside. Or hey, sure, I can get that paperwork I need but first I need to nod through a twenty minute story about how they thought their grass was growing really fast this spring, but it turns out it's just dandelions, and they had to put poison on them, but the poison killed the grass so now the grass is growing slow, but their neighbour's grass is growing faSHUT THE FUCK UP.

But the worst, the utter worst, is having to not correct someone when they are painfully wrong about something. A best client of the office or somesuch. The moment they tell you they hear that the liberals plan to outlaw religion, or that Obama wants to use taxes to support baby murder. And you can't yell at them. You can't. So upsetting.

Stupid people. They are ruiners.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2010, 10:15 AM Local time: May 8, 2010, 08:15 AM #12 of 44
But the worst, the utter worst, is having to not correct someone when they are painfully wrong about something. A best client of the office or somesuch. The moment they tell you they hear that the liberals plan to outlaw religion, or that Obama wants to use taxes to support baby murder. And you can't yell at them. You can't. So upsetting.

Stupid people. They are ruiners.
I'm telling you from personal experience that correcting them despite all the known repercussions is a type of orgasm that can't be duplicated ANYWHERE. I mean, sure you burn a bridge and shit, but you ain't never busted a psychological nut like that!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2010, 10:49 AM #13 of 44
Why can't you politely correct them?

I mean, I am sure you can curb your Internet Denicalis personality at the door for 2 seconds and explain with some warmth and patience (even if it's faked), can't you?

I firmly believe that some of these people will continue to believe whatever bullshit because they go unchecked. CLEARLY they'll believe anything, so why not politely throw your hat in too? ((This is where we differ, I think. I would totally open my mouth in a kind way to correct their misunderstandings in hopes that maybe they'll think more carefully about their opinions in the future. Some people would say it's not my business. But when there's a MAJOR factual error, I can't HELP but to try))

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2010, 11:56 AM Local time: May 8, 2010, 04:56 PM #14 of 44
Excluding traffic pet-peeves (because I could go on and on and on for DAYS)
This. My favourite in-car words are "wanker", "twat" and "eejit".

When someone invites you round to watch a film and talks through the entire thing. I don't mind a little conversation, but I mean when it gets to the point where you wonder why they were so intent on showing you it if you can't go a few minutes without them talking over it.

The same goes for when I'm studying or trying to read something and I'm interrupted, constantly. It happens a lot at college in the library. One of my classmates usually completes work and revision within a few days then complains that she's got nothing to do, so even though I say I've really got to get stuff done she'll come and sit with me and talk about everything and nothing while I grit my teeth and try to continue regardless. No one else seems to mind cause they can talk and work, but that's the one thing I can't multi-task with.

Being interrupted, and a tie-in with that, people who don't consider your opinion because they're too busy interrupting you to listen to most of what you say.

When you're doing something like washing up and your legs start itching. The same with feet when you're wearing shoes you can't slip off.

Accidentally poking yourself in the eye with mascara.

Also, same as Idle, I have a terrible memory as well. It doesn't matter how many times I check my pockets and bag before I leave the flat, I always forget one little thing.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2010, 01:02 PM Local time: May 8, 2010, 12:02 PM #15 of 44
Why can't you politely correct them?

I mean, I am sure you can curb your Internet Denicalis personality at the door for 2 seconds and explain with some warmth and patience (even if it's faked), can't you?

Because when even politely correcting a nutjob, the nutjob will often get angrily defensive. And when one is trying to land a very, very expensive contract, the last thing one wants to do is try and explain to a nutjob, even nicely, why their view that aliens created the nazca lines is fucking wacky.

Ever tried using logic and decency to explain to a crazy right wing tea bagger that under Obama taxes are at the lowest in recent memory, and that he is, in fact, not a muslim terrorist? How's that go over?

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2010, 01:17 PM Local time: May 8, 2010, 11:17 AM 2 #16 of 44
Just like Idle, I forget EVERYFUCKIGNTHING nowadays it seems. I forgot to take my backback to work this morning, then when I got it later in the day, I LEFT it in the work truck. fuckin' a

ALSO...

CHRIST why do people fuck this one up so bad?

Maris
pussy violat0r

Member 25507

Level 19.75

Oct 2007

Old May 8, 2010, 04:07 PM Local time: May 8, 2010, 11:07 PM 12 #17 of 44
In my opinion, wet shoes are the worst thing to happen to you ever that is also completely inconsequential. It just makes you miserable and that\'s it.

What\'s the biggest little thing that pisses you off the most?
when people walk in front of my vehicle so i have to run them over

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2010, 02:05 PM Local time: May 9, 2010, 12:05 PM #18 of 44
ALSO...

CHRIST why do people fuck this one up so bad?
Does the roll dispense incorrectly when it's in the WRONG position? I don't understand why this is such a big deal. I've had friends complain about how I set up toilet paper in my house. Fuck off! Complain when there's shit on the toilet seat.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2010, 03:43 PM Local time: May 9, 2010, 01:43 PM #19 of 44
Because when it comes out the front, you can tear that shit with one hand, but when it comes out the back, and you rip at it, the fucking roll keeps going and ends up all over the floor. And if it's a public toilet and it doesn't turn very well, it makes it more difficult because it usually comes off one sheet at a time.

Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old May 9, 2010, 03:51 PM Local time: May 9, 2010, 01:51 PM #20 of 44
Because when it comes out the front, you can tear that shit with one hand, but when it comes out the back, and you rip at it, the fucking roll keeps going and ends up all over the floor. And if it's a public toilet and it doesn't turn very well, it makes it more difficult because it usually comes off one sheet at a time.

What are you doing with your other hand that makes this an issue?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2010, 06:27 PM Local time: May 9, 2010, 04:27 PM #21 of 44
Oh don't think I'm going to give up this argument. Why do I have to shift my WHOLE ass, possibly putting at risk my protective, paper ass-cover's coverage JUST to shift my other hand over so that I might manhandle a roll of shitpaper with precision delicacy?

Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old May 9, 2010, 06:55 PM Local time: May 9, 2010, 04:55 PM 2 #22 of 44
Oh don't think I'm going to give up this argument.

And you wonder why your marriage lasted, what, six months?

Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2010, 08:08 PM Local time: May 9, 2010, 06:08 PM 2 #23 of 44
What, just because you're an old, footloose hag who nobody loves means you're a fucking expert on relationships?

FELIPE NO
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2010, 08:21 PM #24 of 44
Propped purely for the use of "footloose" in a sentence, what the fuck

Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old May 9, 2010, 08:26 PM Local time: May 9, 2010, 06:26 PM #25 of 44
What, just because you're an old, footloose hag who nobody loves means you're a fucking expert on relationships?
Really, Zeph? I was joking, you dumbfuck. I wasn't going to throw down over which way the toilet paper should sit on the roll.

And, yes, I'm 40. I really do not care much if you think I'm old, but it's completely hilarious you'd call me a footloose hag who has nobody to love her. You have absolutely no idea who I do or do not in my life to love me, and as for footloose? I have no idea where that gem came from.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Fuckin hate wet shoes.