Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Voxelstein = Wolfenstein on drugs. Fun with 3D dots.

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:05 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 07:05 PM #1 of 12
Voxelstein = Wolfenstein on drugs. Fun with 3D dots.

Okay, I just found this really cool game today called Voxelstein. It is a game inspired from Wolfenstein that uses voxel rendering. A voxel is basically the 3D equivalent to the 2D pixel. And it looks awesome. Real awesome.

Read more about it and download it HERE

Most amazing jew boots
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 01:20 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 11:20 AM #2 of 12
Wow, that is pretty neat. It's a bit buggy (at least it feels that way for me) but interesting nonetheless.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 20, 2008, 04:52 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 11:52 PM #3 of 12
There is just one level yet. And unfortunately I don't know if you can even open the safe. It's too bad you don't get that many explosives and other stuff to fool around with, but what you can do is go into the config.ini file and change the values. Like changing the "Knife_fStabDelay" to a low value like 0.04 and the "Knife_fHitDistance" to 50 gives you an easy blowtorch mod to cut things up. Also messing with the explosion ratios on the bombs can make up some enormous explosions. You should try it out, it's great fun.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:15 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 10:15 PM #4 of 12
There is just one level yet. And unfortunately I don't know if you can even open the safe. It's too bad you don't get that many explosives and other stuff to fool around with, but what you can do is go into the config.ini file and change the values. Like changing the "Knife_fStabDelay" to a low value like 0.04 and the "Knife_fHitDistance" to 50 gives you an easy blowtorch mod to cut things up. Also messing with the explosion ratios on the bombs can make up some enormous explosions. You should try it out, it's great fun.
I just spent like an hour just carving the level up with my vibro knife. Imagine if they actually made a Star Wars game like this? If it wouldn't require an obscene amount of RAM, I'd say all FPSs should build their levels like this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:51 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2008, 06:51 PM #5 of 12
I just spent like an hour just carving the level up with my vibro knife. Imagine if they actually made a Star Wars game like this? If it wouldn't require an obscene amount of RAM, I'd say all FPSs should build their levels like this.
It'd be really cool if they'd make a lot of games this way, but apparently voxels take up a lot of ram. At first when they were going into the 3D area of games they were thinking about going the voxel way, but since it required so much power they settled down with polygons. Or so I heard. But now computers are getting better so it's possible to start using it more and more. The question is if anyone will bother with it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:09 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2008, 11:09 AM #6 of 12
Yeah, notice the game looks like the 3D equivalent of 320x240. :P Every higher resolution would require exponentially more memory (n^3 I would imagine).

Who knows though, there might be a situation in which a polygon/voxel hybrid implementation would result in some cool stuff.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:54 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2008, 11:54 AM #7 of 12
Who knows though, there might be a situation in which a polygon/voxel hybrid implementation would result in some cool stuff.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:22 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 02:22 AM #8 of 12
But seriously, wasn't Crysis, in spite of its outstanding visuals, somewhat of a sub-par game?
I can't disagree with this statement, based on what I've played of it. For all I know, it could get significantly better after the second stage though. Too early for me to pass personal judgement.

But I dunno, all I meant was the terrain engine uses voxels to help generate geometry that the heightmap wouldn't normally support. (Caves, cliffs, stuff like that.)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:18 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 09:18 AM #9 of 12
Awesome, I'm like a reverse prophet.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Voxelstein = Wolfenstein on drugs. Fun with 3D dots.