Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Vegetarian Recipes

ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 02:40 PM #1 of 4
Vegetarian Recipes

I was looking to start a collection of vegetarian recipes. So far...all I got is this, be free to throw in your own:

Corn and Rice...mixture.
Ingrediants:
Rice
Corn

Make the rice according to what it says on the package. Usually i put in more rice than corn, like make the mixture about 3/4 rice, 1/4 corn. Make the corn, i like to use frozen corn, it's a lot easier than finding husked corn, husking it, tearing off the little corn parts and then boiling those as well, so frozen corn will work just fine.
Canned is fine too, just make sure to stick it in the microwave for a little bit, warm it up a little and then drain it of the extra water stuff in the can. Unfreeze the corn if it's frozen, defrost it and then drain it of any extra water.
So, once the rice is all finished, throw the corn in. Mix it up and EAT! Ta-da corn and rice.

yeah, i'm a little bland, so thats why i'm looking for more recipes. i don't mind eggs or cheese (i usually use non-caged or organic), as long as theres no meat, its fine.

How ya doing, buddy?
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 03:22 PM #2 of 4
This recipe is pretty easy to pull off and is very easy to remember and customize.

Mushroom Bolognese

Ingredients:
1 pound mushrooms (or as many 'shrooms as you want)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon tomato paste
14-oz can chopped tomatoes
Oregano, fresh or dried (however much you want)
1 pound pasta (I use spaghetti noodles)
Parmesan. Lots of parmesan.

Step 1

Wipe the nasty stuff off of the mushrooms with a wet rag. Cut them into quarters or slice them (if you don't like big chunks of mushrooms).

Step 2

Heat up the oil in a large pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. At the same time, bring a pot of water to a boil and start the pasta.

Step 3

Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occassionally.

Step 4

Stir in the tomato paste, can of chopped tomatoes, and your desired amount of oregano. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Start shredding the parmesan now.

Step 5

Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and whatever else you want in it. Drain the pasta, pour it into the bowl, and add the sauce. Or, if you don't like washing extra dishes, put the pasta in the pan you already have the sauce in. Mix everything up and put some in your bowl when finished mixing. Put some (or a lot, in my case) parmesan on top of your mushroom bolognese and eat.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 05:15 PM #3 of 4
Burritoes are the easiest thing I can come up with that have the option of being vegetarian.

First, think of what ingredients you would like in your burrito.

- Refried Beans
- Black Beans
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Gardenias
- Seasoning Salt
- Hot Sauce
- Lettuce
- Tomatoes
- Onions
- Sour Cream
- Cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, feta, bleu, etc.)
- Avacado
- Sprouts

Obviously, you will not use all the ingredients at the same time. Take a tortilla wrap that is burrito size appropriate. Take the thickest ingredient(s) first (your beans and rice). Spread it on one side of your wrap, covering almost one third of the entire wrap. Put your cheese, sour cream, gardenias, seasoning salt, and hot sauce on top of the beans/rice. Then the vegetables go on last. Pull the side that is covered with ingredients over to the line between the center and the other side of the burrito, fold in the sides, and roll the ingredients over one more time to seal up the burrito. Microwave it first to melt the cheese inside (if there is cheese inside), and then bake it at a low temperature (in a toaster oven, just toast it; In an oven, bake at about 250F) until the outer sides start turning brown. You may want to let it cool down for a little bit, and poke holes to release steam if you feel necessary. It takes a little practice at first, but this is what I eat when I'm looking for an easy snack or quick meal. Besides that, it opens up a big door for creativity for novice chefs.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Angel
SaturnJune

Member 1633

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:14 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 05:14 PM #4 of 4
Stuffed peppers are my fave!

You need:

4 large yellow or red peppers
200 g cooked white rice
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
115 g mushrooms, chopped
4 tomatoes, pealed and diced
1 carrot, julienned
salt & pepper
2 tbsp. fresh parsley
100 g goat cheese, crumbled
25 g parmesan

Preheat oven to 190°C. Wash and clean peppers. Cut in lenght and remove seeds and membrane. Place prepared peppers in boiling water and steam for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and add the onion. Saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms, carrots and tomatoes, salt & pepper. Continue to cook 5 minutes until carrots are tender, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and add the cooked rice, parsley and goat cheese.

Place the peppers in a baking dish and stuff the mixture into the peppers. Top each pepper with some parmesan. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.

Serve with a salad of your choice.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Vegetarian Recipes