Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Sometimes scripts make Firefox lock up.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:01 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2009, 09:01 PM #1 of 3
Sometimes scripts make Firefox lock up.

Sometimes when I'm browsing the web, pages with scripts will make Firefox lock up. It doesn't have to be a badly coded page, for example GFF and YouTube will both trigger the problem. It only happens sometimes, and a reboot will fix it.

A little history. I recently built a new PC, and I'm really happy with it most of the time. As far as hardware is concerned, I'm almost sure I don't have a problem. Just for the sake of offering complete information, you can see my specs here. When I first installed Windows on this machine, I must have done something wrong because I got this kind of problem (and others) all the time. The computer wasn't usable in conjunction with the web, and I reformatted.

I created an nLite CD with SP3, all the latest hotfixes, a few usefull apps and stuff slipstreamed in. After I installed, it seemed for several days like all my troubles were over. Firefox was behaving itself, and the machine was more responsive in general. That's still true, most of the time... but occasionally the problem does come back.

So what is this? Can I fix it? Should I post a complete list of everything I have installed? What might help the collective minds of GFF solve this mystery for me?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:04 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2009, 11:04 PM #2 of 3
Event logs. Post application and system logs in EVT format here, please.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:27 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2009, 12:27 AM #3 of 3
What kind of lockups are you experiencing, the entire application coming to a screeching halt, so that you have to kill it in the task manager or occasional freezes that will pass after a few seconds? The former could indeed indicate an underlying problem with your installation, while the latter would just be par for the course with Firefox, owing to its aging, single-threaded architecture.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Sometimes scripts make Firefox lock up.