Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Favorite Mario Party?
MP1 8 26.67%
MP2 4 13.33%
MP3 3 10.00%
MP4 6 20.00%
MP5 4 13.33%
MP6 2 6.67%
MP7 3 10.00%
MP Advance 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Mario Party - The Thread

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:21 PM #1 of 40
Mario Party - The Thread

Anyone a fan of Mario Party? Of getting your friends together to play a nice game of any MP?

The first three are for Nintendo 64 and the next four are for Gamecube. They also have one that is not multiplayer for GBA.

Discuss your opinion on any one (1) or more Mario Party games, or share your memories with friends or of single player on any one (1) or more Mario Party games.

Living in a college dorm right now, I have met more than one group of people in a room that have played Mario Party this semester. I have seen a room all play MP1, a different room play MP5 and another room play MP6. I played MP7 this semester. I can't believe it's pretty well known. But it makes sense because the late one (mp7) gets into the top 20 sales all the time.

Mario Party 1 - First one I saw I had some friends of my family's kids bring over this game. I havent seen it before until they brought it over. I thought it was cool as I watched them play a full game. I mean, I am afterall a huge mario fan. Getting coins, stars. What a concept!
Eventually I bought it and played it with my brother and the friend I have that I have known for the very longest. The year was 2000.

Mario Party 2 - Barely played this at all. Moves much more slowly including most mini games.

Mario Party 3 - An extreme improvement and changed Mario Party games from then on. I mean, they added items. This game is a whole lot better than part 1 because of this. It even has more maps and many new gaming modes to play. Played this in late 2001 - 2002.

Mario Party 4 - Came out in late 2002, I played this more than even MP3. The reason why is that I got even more friends into MP games and the specific one i used for that was this. I played this for a solid year, and often.

Mario Party 5 - Came out in late 2003 and didn't feel that it was as good as the previous two, but it definitely had some great items and maps. The idea of putting an item on a space was excellent, except retardedly you can land on a space that you put down, thus adding insult to injury.

Mario Party 6 - Came out in late 2004 and had Mic Games! This is one of the best to me because of the night/day idea and using items on a space put your picture on it, thus, you cannot get screwed by your own space anymore.

Mario Party 7 - Came out in late 2005. Same ideas with using items on spaces and having new mic games. Took out dueling in the last 5 turns of the game though. It has many great new mini games though, so this is the one I play as of late.

Mario Party Advance - Wasn't too bad playing it alone and getting through very small mini games. A fun game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:25 PM #2 of 40
MP7 does many things wrong in the main board, but it has the best minigames IMO, so that's what I voted for.

2nd place goes to Mario Party 3. Has some fantastic knockout games, and that one where you get the mushroom and proceed to BASH THE OTHER PLAYERS was hilarious with others.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Apr 10, 2006 at 04:27 PM.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 03:30 PM #3 of 40
The first three games are my favorites. However, the first Mario Party would have been a LOT better without all the minigames where you had to rotate the control stick. I heard lots of people got blisters on their hands from that.

So numbers two and three are my top favs.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:34 PM #4 of 40
Interesting Kirby. I should honestly think about playing MP2 more as I'm kind of biased against it right now. Should give it another chance.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:43 PM #5 of 40
Do give it another chance. Probably gave the best of two worlds.

MP2 had to be my favorite. Brought in the games that everyone loved from the first one and then tossed in some new ones along the way. Not only that...

COSTUMES!!

The only Mario Party to make the characters match the theme of the board.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:50 PM #6 of 40
I've only played Mario Party 4, 5 and 6, and my favourite is 6. I love the fact characters literally zoom across the board now. I love the layouts and night/day option and other stuff. I hate 4 now, due to the boards themselves and the extra slow movements they take just to advance along. Argh..

Well, 6 also had those chain chomps in the doggie houses. I love chain chomps! Also, those cute snow rabbits with leaf ears!

Anyway, I'll shut up now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:57 PM #7 of 40
I truly like Mario Party. However, having played so few versions of the game, I had to vote for my favorite out of those few, even if it isn't truly the best in the whole series. Yay, Mario Party 5.

FELIPE NO
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 06:48 PM #8 of 40
We've got Mario Party 5. It's all right, I guess. I haven't played too many of them (1, 3, and 5 I think) and I was never the biggest fan. I guess I would play it more if I had people around me more interested in it...

That's why I'm looking forward to Mario Party Rev so much =D. I'm really excited to see the new types of minigames that make use of the remote, and I'm really hoping for some online play. So awesome.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 07:07 PM #9 of 40
Mario Party 2 is the only one I owned, I enjoyed it. More than the others I've played (1-5).
I hate the board game layout, especially in the later games where every space is a special square and it takes forever to get to minigames. I think a more active, compelling layout could really help the series.

How ya doing, buddy?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 07:36 PM #10 of 40
I'd have to say MP4 was my favorite, or rather, it's the only one that I've played extensively.

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 07:49 PM #11 of 40
I'll be the odd one out and stick with the first Mario Party. That kept me addicted for months, hell, maybe years. I still play it from time to time to be honest.

I've played three, I didn't like it. I remember playing either 5, or 6, but, I can't recall. Too many sequels to remember, heh.

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 09:25 PM #12 of 40
Originally Posted by Neogin
I'll be the odd one out and stick with the first Mario Party. That kept me addicted for months, hell, maybe years. I still play it from time to time to be honest.

I've played three, I didn't like it. I remember playing either 5, or 6, but, I can't recall. Too many sequels to remember, heh.
I truly enjoyed the first one back in the N64 days, I remember playing it throughout the Christmas holiday and even more so whenever I had free time. The idea isn't relatively new, the last board game I played on a console was Monopoly on the original NES but add Mario and the mushroom kingdom to the mix and you got yourself a winner. After that I followed on and continued with MP2 and this game was brutal. I remember during the release there were so many complaints that Nintendo issued gloves just for MP2's greuling mini-games, mainly the "tug o' war" mini-game. While I have MP6 as part of my GC library, it was fun up until all stars and extras were completed. I do wonder what the Revolution will introduce to the series, hopefully it'll revitalize MP and give us something new to look forward to.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 08:44 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 12:14 PM #13 of 40
I have owned Mario Party 1, Mario Party 2 and Mario Party 4. I'll go with Mario Party 2 for my favourite. Also, I remember a few years back I think I called Marty Party 4 the worst game I had played. I don't really agree with this now, but I must have had some reason back then.

Ahahahaha. I found my quote from August 2004.
Originally Posted by Me
I think mario party 4. sure the first 3 mario parties were alright and i haven't played the 5th but the fourth had no real reason to be a game because there was no story and the mini-games sucked the ass big-time. I just hate seeing mario in bad games.................

Last edited by NovaX; Apr 10, 2006 at 10:36 PM.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 09:26 PM #14 of 40
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
After that I followed on and continued with MP2 and this game was brutal. I remember during the release there were so many complaints that Nintendo issued gloves just for MP2's greuling mini-games, mainly the "tug o' war" mini-game.
Those complaints were issued at the first game, not the second. Maybe you mixed them up? I have an issue of Nintendo Power somewhere with that info....

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:30 PM #15 of 40
Originally Posted by NovaX
I think mario party 4. sure the first 3 mario parties were alright and i haven't played the 5th but the fourth had no real reason to be a game because there was no story and the mini-games sucked the ass big-time. I just hate seeing mario in bad games.................
Okay, I agree with you that it was the worst Mario Party, and that the minigames were lame. However

Quote:
it had no real reason to be a game because there was no story
what

EDIT: Why are 3 and 7 doing so poorly? They are the best ones, along with 2 darnit

FELIPE NO
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 02:05 PM #16 of 40
I was young....er back then, but looking back I don't know why I said that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Radius-86
Wark!

Member 1905

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 08:39 PM #17 of 40
I want to point out that items were first introduced in Mario Party 2 not in Mario Party 3. You could only have one item at a time though. Mario Party 3 and onwards let you hold up to three.

I don't really know which Mario Party was my favourite, but I do know when it comes to music I liked the first game the most. For least favourite, I disliked Mario Party 4 the most. I didn't find the giant and small system particularly intriguing.

One of the features I liked most that was only seen in Mario Party 1 was that in certain mini-games, you could actually lose coins. In other instances, the winner(s) take coins from the loser(s). I think being able to reduce someone's amount of money through mini-games added some depth when it came to sabotaging others.

I was getting pretty sick of Mario Party by the fifth installment, but the addition of the microphone helped freshen up the series a bit.

Revolution Mario Parties will be much more interesting, considering the flexibility of the Revolution controller.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:52 PM #18 of 40
Me and the guys used to play MP5 every day (until one of them got a girlfriend). That's still my absolute favorite. It's an excellent balance of good games and boards.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:41 PM #19 of 40
I own all MP games except for 7 but I did play it. The first is the best on my list while MP 2 and 5 comes second. I do agree that 4 was terrible and some reason that I have is due to the fact it seems like everything's slow because the game actually have to loaded and reload from board game to the mini-games and vice versa. Good thing they fix this problem in MP 5-7.

Since there was a GBA Mario Party I would hope there would be one for the DS and HOPEFULLY IT'S WI-FI!

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:21 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 01:21 PM #20 of 40
It really should be called Bowser Party because he's the real star of the game. I loved landing on Bowser spaces just because BOWSER would come. Oh man he's earn so much fist. He'd jsut come in act like a clown, take all your coinc insult you and laugh. Best ever. I want to be just like Bowser when I grow up.

Most amazing jew boots
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:47 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 03:47 PM #21 of 40
Originally Posted by sprouticus
Me and the guys used to play MP5 every day (until one of them got a girlfriend). That's still my absolute favorite. It's an excellent balance of good games and boards.
I agree, Mario Party 5 is my clear favourite. Good boards, not too slow paced, good minigames, and the hockey and volleyball games kicked ass, not to mention all the cool modes and options like that Olympics mode and the turn based karting board thingy.

Mario Party 4 is the worst. 1, 2 and 3 are good, haven't played 6 or 7 yet.

VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:52 AM #22 of 40
Mario Party Games are very popular among my group of friends and college and we will play it several times throughout a semester. It also makes a rather fun drinking game especially when one person isn't very good.

I wish they just made a mega mario party game that incorporated all the best minigames like Pushy Penguins and Mushroom Mix-up...ahhhhh

Double Post:
I voted for 7, I like the mike, the mini games, and the boards, but I think i like all games when they are the new one. (5 is good but i think its item system really hurts it. and 4 is def the worst but still has some good features about it.)

Last edited by VitaPup; Apr 11, 2006 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:53 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 10:53 AM #23 of 40
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
I heard lots of people got blisters on their hands from that.
Use the palm of your hand and spin it, ehh?

FELIPE NO
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 02:14 PM #24 of 40
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
The first three games are my favorites. However, the first Mario Party would have been a LOT better without all the minigames where you had to rotate the control stick. I heard lots of people got blisters on their hands from that.

So numbers two and three are my top favs.
Yeah, and people tried to sue Nintendo because they got hurt. Gee..that's..oh, bah, I don't have a witty response,

Most amazing jew boots
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 02:22 PM #25 of 40
Hey Topic Creator, you left out a new feature in MP7: 8 people can play.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Mario Party - The Thread