Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:24 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 12:24 PM #26 of 1941
If you're running through a router you need to do port forwarding. Guides are at www.portforward.com

Otherwise, keep an eye out on the internet on other forums (ie: Gamefaqs) for folks to post a link to direct download for the patch.

Oooh. Schools off Azshara? Schools of Eel? Maybe stonescale prices will drop...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:26 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 01:26 PM #27 of 1941
Gotta start fishing the Darkclaw Lobsters off Azshara. I need FOOD for my warrior. And I'm having no luck finding anything. Those fire elementals don't drop any cloth or edibles, so I hafta stock up elsewhere.

Dag, do you recommend buying food or fishing it up? High level food, that is. Buying off an NPC, the highest level of food would cost me 1.25g/stack. Might just bite the bullet and do that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:11 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 02:11 PM #28 of 1941
Pat Nagle's Angler requires Horde for the quest =I I'm Alliance~

Servers are slowly popping back up. *Waits on Llane*

Must. Get. Flight paths ;D

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 02:16 PM #29 of 1941
I *do* have a Shaman though =O But he's 25. And I've been uneasy about playing him hearing all these folks bitching about shammies now.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 03:27 PM #30 of 1941
Undead around 59-60 are swarmed around a crystal just SE of Tanaris. Drop Necrotic Runes which are soulbound. Thottbot has nothin' on this. Any ideas? =o Rep with some faction?

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 05:35 PM #31 of 1941
So, a question to you folks.

I started posting in this thread after a 6-8 month Hiatus from the game. I started playing it about 1.5yrs ago but took my time then stopped. I'm back and about 1/4 through 59 on my main.

I was in the middle of making my Lionheart helmet. Only have 7 pieces of Arcanite to get and I'm done. But the problem. Prices are climbing due to this patch. Arcane crystals are used for stuff and all that. Makes it a pain.

Also, I'm getting lots of drops using the Ardent Dawn badge thingie. Particularly off my usual elementals. Every other mob drops Core of Elemental which goes for 30g/10 on the AH. I ended up with a little over 20 easily.

Folks are turning these in for quests and rep. My questions...:
1) What are the perks of Ardent Dawn rep? I'm about halfway through Honored currently. I constantly see people go frothing mad about getting rep increases with them
2) Keep selling the cores for gold? Or hold onto them and turn them in? They go to EPL at the Chapel of Light. Dunno if I should hold onto them & turn them in or sell now.

I've looked up prizes and items for recent events, but I fail to see what all the price-jacking & acclaim are all about. I'm just confused to be honest =( I never have mastered the logistics & details about this game like my brother, the walking WoWiki. Advice, folks? =o

Spoiler:
Hell, I don't even know where I head to get my Epic Mount thingamabob

How ya doing, buddy?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 10:38 PM #32 of 1941
Any news on transferring characters from one account to another? They had that listed on the website. My main warrior is on an account my older brother uses. He won the toss to take it over since he had more chars. But I love my main to death =(

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 04:21 PM #33 of 1941
To "pass," hit the "X" button. "Need" is reserved for if the person is going to equip the item. Greed falls beneath need rolls. Roll on greed if you're going to sell it on the AH or to vendors. Rolling Need on everything gives you top priority, and definitely would get folks quite miffed. Before rolling Need on an item (dice), ask if it is okay. If you roll Need on an item, you'd best equip it. Otherwise, choose greed, the gold coin icon. If you don't want it, hit the "X" button the close the window.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:03 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 12:03 PM #34 of 1941
Saw a guild on Llane called "Serious Business". Coincidence? =O

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 03:32 PM #35 of 1941
Augh >___< Just did a run to Drak in UBRS. I accidentally found the envelope that does the attunement quest for BWL. ENTIRELY forgot to finish it up. I just hearthed out. Ugh.

I got Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge though. That's an improvement. Just need Valor Chest, Drac Deflector, & Dal'Rend's Guardian. Then I'm good for UBRS.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:53 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 01:53 AM #36 of 1941
Well shit.

Ran a UBRS run tonite. Was aiming to stop at Rend in hopes of getting his Guardian (off-hand sword) since I already had the one for mainhand.

We get there fast. It drops, I roll after asking for need. No one objects. Then, rogue says "o shit looks good" *roll*
Rogue wins ;_; He was such a lame rogue too... Used daggers and decided to take up using a sword in his offhand just for that blade.

I was a bit upset... But we plowed through mobs fast. Figured we could hit Drak. If he dropped a certain ring/band, his Deflector, or Valor breastplate, I'd be happy. But NOOOOO.

Fearless leader wants to do The Beast. Easy. We kill him fast. Then he summons this Lord Val' fellow. Now. He claims the boss was glitched. But we got *raped*. I mean bad. First time we managed to get him to around 40-45%. But people just dropped off for no reason. We'd kill all his freakin' annoying assassins but the people just dropped dead.

The leader had us walk back. Try again. He soul-stoned. Made us try again (third time). We walk back in, and the instance has *respawned*. Our twit warlock autoruns into a mob we dodged easily and he gets killed. He goes "fuck this" and leaves. Then two other folks do. Then the leader leaves, claiming I was the reason the group wiped because I didn't "thunder clap enough". wtf.

So, raid ends. Right at the bridge to Drakk's room. And I would've liked that BWL attunement through the quest in there! I had all the crap needed. Rrrgh. Pisses me off so bad. Had a lengthy ass run, got gypped out of the main thing I came there for, and got chopped just short of the other goal.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 01:09 PM #37 of 1941
Ran UBRS again last night. Got some nice gear, including the Valor Breastplate. I was gonna run a PUG instance there but at the last minute, the AQ run my guild had planned fell through and they trekked to UBRS and asked me to join them. I was the only warrior and was left as main tank the whole time.

There was drama of course. My two favorite people in the guild got booted out for some weird fucking reason. A husband and wife that were almost running all the events in the guild. Scheduling and leading them. Darned good players to boot.

Anyhow, we end up losing people and end up having to pick up two of the head guys that were in favor of kicking my two buddies =p At this point I was thinkin' of leaving the guild since she was quite kickass and one of the few folks I got along with in instances.

But the two guys who were higher ups kind of earmarked me since they said I did very well on crowd control. Offered for me to be main tank of the guild if I could get my gear up-to-snuff with their current main who isn't on much.

Anyhow, the guild as a whole got chummier with me right after that. Not that it was unfriendly, but there weren't many folks I talked to. I ignored guild chat for a while but I guess he might've mentioned I'd be next in line for MT. This is a good thing, as I'll get first dibs on kickass tanking gear on our raids =) Now, the new gear...:

http://thottbot.com/?i=16549 (never saw this before in all five of my UBRS runs, oddly enough)
http://thottbot.com/?i=18612 (nor this!)
http://thottbot.com/?i=18832 (<3)

Still gotta get these three...:
http://thottbot.com/?i=19405 (lost out on this three times now)
http://thottbot.com/?i=18989 (never seen it drop =()
http://thottbot.com/?i=18260 (LOST ON IT ;___; )

Gonna run UBRS again later today.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 01:32 AM #38 of 1941
Well. Ran ZG tonite. With my guild and an old buddy who made the 20th member (priest). Never ran ZG with this one guy before. But CHRIST. He takes more breaks than a 400lb man climbing stairs, to quote my friend. THREE HOURS to kill the Serpent, Bat, & Spider bosses. THREE HOURS. Hell, probably closer to four now that I think about it.

Hits 1:30am and I pull the plug on my modem to stealth-quit. Since they were taking ANOTHER break but this involved going to IF.

But, after killing the Spider, this hummer dropped:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53638

Outrolled five warrior for this. Darned nice ring ;D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:54 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 10:54 AM #39 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
Holy shit.
Problem was that the leader would talk. And talk. And talk. And talk about how to take down each group. Run through it again. Christ, I fell asleep quite a few times... >< Talked to a few folks in the guild in private about it. I can understand being safe, but Christ. I've never been so bored before in WoW. There was a massive break after every big fight. We wiped at each boss and once that happened, he'd talk for 20 minutes about the strategy.

FELIPE NO

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 11:09 AM #40 of 1941
I'm seriously thinking about leaving. They kicked this duo who were fucking awesome at running groups quick and efficiently. If this guy leads everything, I'm just gonna vamoose.

When I unplugged my modem, my little "to next level" indicator that shows how long I've been online said I just cracked five hours. About an hour of that was waiting for ZG, twenty or thirty to get grouped up. The rest was puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure ZG. Hell, I could've done a full UBRS run to Drak then did another run to Rend in that amount of time. Which would've been nice.

Oh well. At least I got a nice ring <3

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:32 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 04:32 PM #41 of 1941
Felwood. Grind Timbermaw rep off the furries. Then go to Winterspring for a large amount of quests =D

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 08:24 PM #42 of 1941
Whah... What... HOW?! ;__; Unreal damage.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 03:16 PM #43 of 1941
Trolls look ugly to me... =( I made a Troll hunter and HAD to make it female, because the male ones look way too goofy for my tastes.

But all my other hordies are Taurens ;D <3 Cows.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 03:49 PM #44 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Your mom looks ugly. :O

Meh I like orcs and trolls the most. I only choose a cow cause of druid only race. <_<;
;___; NO, YOURS.

Cows. Beef is where it's at. LOL DO YOU GET IT? ;D

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:06 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 11:06 AM #45 of 1941
Cause if a druid has 400 HP and 25% of that is what? 100. Instead of getting a flat rate of what? 1k HP or more?
Fixed >>; [/mathnerd]
I'm gonna start replaying very soon. I have a 60 alliance warrior and a 30-something hordie rogue.

Thinking of making a warrior on the horde, just so I can get both sides of PvP. What race for warrior. Hmm...

I'm either going to get the expansion immediately or I'll wait until I get one of my alts to 60. Or are blood elves a good choice for warrior?

My older brother plays Druid (and has never quit WoW. He's quite the addict) and I've been hearing him bitch about some druid nerf non-fuckin'-stop this visit (he comes here every other week or so). They sounded overpowered to me (just my opinion) and he snapped at me for thinking that >_>

Evidently warriors are all whiney bitches and all druids are patient, mature fellows

Last edited by Gechmir; Mar 3, 2007 at 11:09 AM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:05 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:05 PM #46 of 1941
Ahahah =D Dope! I'm on Llane, too!

Blood Elf Mage, about 15 right now -- Valariane
I also have a 24 Undead Rogue -- Everene
And my Alliance 60 Human Warrior -- Vaard

Anyhow, it is an empty city indeed. Quite sad =( I'll leave it behind before not much longer -- Ogrimmar & Undercity (did I get those names right) are so much more lively.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft