Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror (PSP)

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:13 PM #1 of 4
Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror (PSP)

There's already a PSP discussion thread, but this is the best PSP game I've played so far and thought that it deserved its own thread. For one thing, this is the first PSP game I've played that doesn't pale in comparison to its console counterpart. This ain't like GTA:LCS which just took GTA 3 and gave it a new story, or Daxter which just took Jak 2, and nor is this some crappy port with ridiculous load times. If I were to compare it to any game, the game plays just like "Everything or Nothing" (James Bond), except it's actually better!

To list its features: it has a good number of FMVs, an awesome singleplayer experience, graphics that could just as easily be on PS2, and is the best multiplayer handheld game available (I haven't tried Metroid Prime Hunters yet, but I hear it's only 4 players max compared to 8 players in Syphon Filter, and I doubt there are as many multiplayer features).

I can't say enough good things about this game, and I'm sure that anyone else that has played the game agrees. I bought this game along with Daxter last week, and I've probably spent over 10-15 hours on Syphon Filter already while only 2-3 hours on Daxter. I still want to unlock all the stuff in singleplayer, and have yet to play more than just a few hours online.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Newbie1234; Mar 25, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 09:01 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 07:01 PM #2 of 4
Many have said it's pretty much worth it.

Now you have strengthened my interest in it. Maybe I should buy it. By the way, is it true that it is more than 30 missions? How is the control scheme? Weapon selection and all that?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 11:32 PM #3 of 4
I'm not sure the exact number of missions, but there are 7 main episodes, each with several parts. The game should take around 6-7 hours at the bare minimum to complete on normal. There is also a bonus episode with several missions that you'll have to unlock.

Additionally, if you enjoy the game as much as I did, you'll definitely want to master each of the levels, and try to beat them in various ways (try to get all stealth kills, headshots, etc.) as the game keeps track of it all and rewards you with unlockables. There's also a Hard mode.

Controls are great, and much better than Socom:FTB even.

Analog - Move
Face Buttons - Look
R trigger - Shoot
L trigger - Auto-lock or Zoom (if using a weapon with a scope) In multiplayer, the host can turn off auto-lock.

D-pad

Up - Reload, Pickup weapon or item (hold), Open doors, Climb, Press buttons, Pull levers, etc.

Down - Swap between crouching (move slower but greater accuracy) and standing.

Left - Tap to quickly turn on or off vision modes, Hold and press a face button to change vision mode.

Right - Tap to quickly change weapon firing mode, Hold and press face button to change weapon.

You can even hug onto walls and objects for cover by walking up to the wall, letting of the analog, and pressing it again. It ain't perfect, but actually works quite well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
solid_snake
Chocobo

Member 3413

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:33 PM #4 of 4
its really been a long time since the last SF game but this one rocks

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Keep your friends close and your enemies....closer.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror (PSP)