Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 11:57 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 08:57 AM #426 of 1941
Servers down for maintenance again. Should be up around 11am. Got up early because I knew I wouldn't be able to play later. Ain't this a bitch.

The forums are pretty lol right now. There's a bunch of people pissed about the Oceanic servers being pushed back til' the 30th of May and even more upset about the maintenance issues lately (namely with authentication). I could only read so much before my eyes rotted out.

But this does make me wonder about how I'm spending my money each month. Paying 15 bucks for fun gaming with unreliable service?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:06 PM #427 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kurado
Servers down for maintenance again. Should be up around 11am. Got up early because I knew I wouldn't be able to play later. Ain't this a bitch.

The forums are pretty lol right now. There's a bunch of people pissed about the Oceanic servers being pushed back til' the 30th of May and even more upset about the maintenance issues lately (namely with authentication). I could only read so much before my eyes rotted out.

But this does make me wonder about how I'm spending my money each month. Paying 15 bucks for fun gaming with unreliable service?
Mait. every Tuesday

I do agree though, the service is shitty. I was supposed to have 3 "free days of play time" because of all the problems that resulting in realms being moved and the patch 1.10 shit that caused a lot of headaches Account was supposed to expire the 14th of May with the 3 days being accredited following. Never happened. Blizzard was like "you used your free days" and I was like, "How the heck could I have used them already, when my account expires the 14th anyway?" "LOL SRY U LOSE" ._.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:11 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:11 AM #428 of 1941
Yeah, but I didn't know the maintenance ran that long. Don't they start at 1am?

And "goo'lawd" at your situation. I would've closed my account if that happened to me.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:19 PM #429 of 1941
Mait lasts from 5am PST till 11 am PST. (Roughly 6 hours) 8 hours when it's a patch. then.. the game is down like half the day after a big patch

Yeah, gamecards ftl I guess.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:31 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 09:31 AM #430 of 1941
Actually, gamecards sound like a better pay method. I don't really like them charging out of my account every month, anyway.

::epiphany::

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 01:08 PM #431 of 1941
Hell, once FFXI was down for, like 30 hrs. It was insane ;__; Fanboy rabies if there ever was such a thing.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:20 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 11:20 AM #432 of 1941
Well, got my shammy to 45 tonight on a ZF run. =D

I'm still sore about Druids and Mages getting their mana regen talent free, though. =\

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:20 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 01:20 PM #433 of 1941
Patch notes say shammies well get all their talent points back. Lotsa nerfing I hear ;_; We're in for a treat~

How ya doing, buddy?

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:37 PM #434 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
Anyone know what mod(s) this guy has in this video here? I've been trying to find it(them) since I saw this. <3

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...15&q=UBRS+boss
The video quality is kind of grainy, but it looks like he's using some Discord custom set. Try seeing if it's on www.discordmods.com under the Discord Unit Frames and Discord Art sections, or ask about it in their forums.

EDIT:And yes there are a lot of "It's about time!" features in this patch such as the key rings, bigger stacks, reports of a world LFG channel (from the test server forums), and more.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!

Last edited by Kaelin; May 23, 2006 at 01:40 PM.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:30 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 02:30 PM #435 of 1941
Cosmos sucks.

Quote:
The cost to unlearn talents will now decay over time. This cost will be reduced by a rate of 5 gold per month to a minimum of 10 gold.

AWESOME!

Quote:
Detect Traps is now a passive skill.
Yummy!

Quote:
Vanish: Cancelling your Stealth aura while Vanish is running will now cause Vanish to be canceled as well.
FUCK!

I loved doing that shit, I would vanish, then unstealth so I could move at running speed and not be detected. It was a great way to get away. I accidently found the bug in DM west when I accidently aggroed soemthing I vanished and went to cancel stealth and I was still vanished.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 06:39 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:39 PM #436 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Patch notes say shammies well get all their talent points back. Lotsa nerfing I hear ;_; We're in for a treat~
Meh, it's not all that bad. Elemental got MAJOR buffs and is now easily our best DPS tree. Restoration got streamlined, and had a few decent talents put in, but... MANA TIDE IS STILL 31 POINTS. D:

Enhancement, though, got some major nerfs so that now you have to spend 30 points in it in order to get to 1.10 level damage, compared to 22 before. The new Stormstrike is supposed to be godly, though. (although I do wish they'd extend the debuff to fire/frost/nature...)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:17 PM #437 of 1941
this sword owns! - dont know what to offhand with it... dont have brut blade yet

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 10:15 PM #438 of 1941
I utterly despise my guild and their ridiculously shitty loot system.

I just lost a Gutgore Ripper to a rogue on their first MC run today, for the FOURTH FUCKING TIME. /random is not a fucking loot system, it's throwing good gear into the god damned trash can.

So including the incident with the OEB, I've been fucked out of an MC weapon five times. Looks like I'm stuck with my Lobotomizer/Darkstone Claymore for a while still.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:38 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 10:38 PM #439 of 1941
My friends and I are making characters on one of the new servers (DemonicSoul or something). We currently have Shaq (with the varient Shaqattack) as a black human Paladin, me with Magejohnson as a ...black human mage, and another friend may may Kobe later. We haven't come up with a class for Kobe yet.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 02:09 AM #440 of 1941
I utterly despise my guild and their ridiculously shitty loot system.

I just lost a Gutgore Ripper to a rogue on their first MC run today, for the FOURTH FUCKING TIME. /random is not a fucking loot system, it's throwing good gear into the god damned trash can.

So including the incident with the OEB, I've been fucked out of an MC weapon five times. Looks like I'm stuck with my Lobotomizer/Darkstone Claymore for a while still.
I happen to like random a hell of a lot more than DKP. Of course my alliance may be joining a guild that does something they call MR... dunno what that is. The horde guild I'm in does Suicide Kings. You roll for an initial order to get loot, and when you do get loot out of MC, you go to the back of the line. If you don't raid, you don't lose your spot either. To me that's even a more fair way of distributing loot than DKP and random

Of course you could always get a roll hack so you can manipulate your rolls.

Most amazing jew boots

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 02:52 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 12:52 AM #441 of 1941
DKP is the fairest system there is, and I'll tell you why.

If someone has more DKP then you, there's a reason for that. They put in their time. They earned it. What's not "FAIR" is to let someone who JUST SHOWED UP act like they put in the time and effort wiping to these bosses repeatedly and get claims on the loot. If they don't raid enough to get DKP, then what's the problem? Eventually the people who earned it will have gotten the shit they want and they can finally get things.

You reward hard work. Showing up when a boss is on farm doesn't entitle you to shit, in my opinion. We just recently downed Onyxia. It was like pulling TEETH trying to get people to come. All the priests would mysteriously vanish when it came time for the actual raid. Now that we got her down, sign-ups fill up in a couple hours. These are the kinds of people you get surrounded with in World of Warcraft, and the exact reason why dkp is the most "fair" system there is.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 10:05 AM #442 of 1941
If the guild is that fucked up, why not switch? Is it a pretty notoriously good End-Game guild?

Maybe it sounds self-centered, but make a threat to leave for this kinda stuff. Possibly the guy up top will let you have the next item you want for certain or something. I wouldn't take guff like that after being in the run four times now. Make it clear to the guild or something. Some folks might not like pulling the temper-tantrum tactic, but it sounds like you've earned the right.

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:43 PM #443 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
If the guild is that fucked up, why not switch? Is it a pretty notoriously good End-Game guild?

Maybe it sounds self-centered, but make a threat to leave for this kinda stuff. Possibly the guy up top will let you have the next item you want for certain or something. I wouldn't take guff like that after being in the run four times now. Make it clear to the guild or something. Some folks might not like pulling the temper-tantrum tactic, but it sounds like you've earned the right.
Unfortunately since it sounds like Jessykins plays a rogue, the Guild leader probably wouldn't care one way or the other. If it was a priest or other highly demanded, but underplayed class, they might have a little more weight to pull.

BTW Jessykins, I'd too find another guild if I were you. That one you're in is most likely gonna fall apart, or have an uprising by folks like you who are tired of getting screwed out of loot from folks who only show up once every now and then.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 08:12 PM #444 of 1941
OK, I've hit the point where I literally cannot buy anything better for my toon than what I already have...

Suggestions on whether to stick with my low-membership "friend-based" guild or to abandon them all to finally get some raid content? I'm geared for MC with 150+ resist unbuffed, have run AQ20 and ZG with PUGs easily... and I'm getting tired of sitting in Undercity scanning auctions waiting for someone to get off their ass and run an instance.

Having 10,000 gold is cool and all, but all it's going to at this point is buying gear for my alts, and I'm not interested in twinks whatsoever.

Most amazing jew boots
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 02:46 PM #445 of 1941
What would I do in this case? See if you can drag along your friends into the raiding guild with you. If you can't, then roll an alt and put him in that guild so that you can still keep in touch with your friends and put your main into the raiding guild.

If nothing else, the alt will be a good way to relax. Raiding can be a bitch sometimes.

Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 06:08 PM #446 of 1941
Originally Posted by Talbain
OK, I've hit the point where I literally cannot buy anything better for my toon than what I already have...

Suggestions on whether to stick with my low-membership "friend-based" guild or to abandon them all to finally get some raid content? I'm geared for MC with 150+ resist unbuffed, have run AQ20 and ZG with PUGs easily... and I'm getting tired of sitting in Undercity scanning auctions waiting for someone to get off their ass and run an instance.

Having 10,000 gold is cool and all, but all it's going to at this point is buying gear for my alts, and I'm not interested in twinks whatsoever.
Trust me, the warlock class only gets better with gear from raids.

Make the right decision.

Also, 10,000 gold? Christ, man.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 10:56 PM #447 of 1941
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE guild drama! MC raid called off tonight and probably sunday as well because of it. Time to level up Cracklin!

FELIPE NO

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 11:21 PM #448 of 1941
find another guild dagget. lol

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 01:33 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 01:33 AM #449 of 1941
Originally Posted by Talbain

:aargh: :dotdotdot:

Thatis all i have to say, it's not fair. >________<; No matter how hard I try, I usually have lump sums from 20-100G no matter how much I toy with the AH, farm, or go on five man runs or even solo some low level instance like Ulda cause I usually make out with a lot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 01:49 AM #450 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
find another guild dagget. lol
nah, this was caused by the stupidity of one person, sadly. Short story. Someone who hasn't been attending many MC because of her work schedule asked if she would be able to get anything tonight. She's a lock so it's ultimately up to the warlock class leader if she would be or not. Lock class leader went to the movies tonight. Now she helps out with almost everything else when she can. Makes pots for the raid group out of her own expense, helps out in ZG and AQ when she can and everything. No one could 100% say if she could get anything or not since the lock class leader was gone. So she said she was going to drop raid until she found out the entire deal. No harm meant in anything like that. I totally understand it. However, the guild leader (or co-GL or whatever) called her a loot whore. Then went on and said he wasn't going to put up with people whining about loot (which hasn't happened...) and if we're seeking loot to go to one of the high end raiding guilds who have MC and BWL on farm status... which pissed off her husband, which pissed off alot of people. People left the guild, some of which I really fucking respect and owe a lot of my being there and helping me out with some really fucking difficult quests. This has been the 3rd incident where shit has happened because of his actions/accusations.

Infact, it's ironic the one person making a huge deal about loot, is the one calling everyone a loot whore.

MC raid was called off, everyone's mind wasn't in WoW tonight... I dunno, maybe this is the sign I need to quit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft