Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:28 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:28 PM #351 of 1941
It's Draeni or whatever, not Eredar or whatever. Draeni DESCENDED from Eredar, the same race AS that leader, whatever his name is.

Regardless, tier 3 is going to be bad ass for my rogue.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 08:10 PM #352 of 1941
Both Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, servants of Sargeras, are Eredar. You can easily see the resemblance.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:30 PM #353 of 1941
man.. i know lots of you have way better.. but tonight, NS cover.. and brut blade dropped - I lost by 1 point, on both items! Sometimes I fuckin hate the dkp system

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 01:27 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:27 PM #354 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
man.. i know lots of you have way better.. but tonight, NS cover.. and brut blade dropped - I lost by 1 point, on both items! Sometimes I fuckin hate the dkp system

Yeah, I can hate it as well but it makes you earn your loot.

And Xellos, I suppose but thier race is still Draenai.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:11 PM #355 of 1941
They are the Eredar. You can go "Durr but they're called Draenei," but shut the hell up. They CALLED THEMSELVES the Draenei. Like the remaining high elves called THEMSELVES blood elves. They are still high elves. Draenei are still Eredar, just uncorrupted Eredar. So you can call them Eredar and not be wrong.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 09:05 PM #356 of 1941
Meh I suppose, Jessy, I suppose but they changed thier name so why not call them by thier changed name, that is like calling a black guy who was born in Britain and British African when obviously an African is someone from Africa but whatever floats your boat.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:21 PM #357 of 1941
That's not exactly the same. Because we're talking about race, not nationality.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 06:41 PM #358 of 1941
That's not exactly the same. Because we're talking about race, not nationality.

Whatever, I just think calling by what they are is the right way.

To each their own.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 10:15 PM #359 of 1941
woot! guild finally beat onya.. now if we can just do rag.. lol

FELIPE NO
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 11:14 PM #360 of 1941
Our guild is fucking amazing. We just started MC about 10 days ago and we downed Rag 2 nights ago. Of course due to this, most of the server hates us because they claim its impossible for a guild on a server thats only 6 weeks old to be able to accomplish that. So far we got all of MC, ZG, Ony twice, Azzy, Kazzak all down. We tried 2 of the green dragons (got close on one) and we tried Razorgore (got owned badly...but mostly because of people not kiting properly). We also got a shitload of backlash from other alliance players because we started the war effort. now everyone is all bitching because Linen Cloth is going for 1g. Hell, why would they bitch? Id go farm linen and make some awesome cash.

Lipid
Fatty!

Member 3311

Level 8.57

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 11:59 PM #361 of 1941
Just reactivated my account, which i havent played since February 2005. 42 Undead Rogue - Bleeding Hollow. playing passively as CoV is still fun for me (which i just hit 20 in)

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 10:47 PM #362 of 1941
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Our guild is fucking amazing. We just started MC about 10 days ago and we downed Rag 2 nights ago. Of course due to this, most of the server hates us because they claim its impossible for a guild on a server thats only 6 weeks old to be able to accomplish that. So far we got all of MC, ZG, Ony twice, Azzy, Kazzak all down. We tried 2 of the green dragons (got close on one) and we tried Razorgore (got owned badly...but mostly because of people not kiting properly). We also got a shitload of backlash from other alliance players because we started the war effort. now everyone is all bitching because Linen Cloth is going for 1g. Hell, why would they bitch? Id go farm linen and make some awesome cash.

That is amazing, most guilds I know take a long time to get end game going, especially on alliance side. Though that is what I heard, I can't get passed level 30 for my alliance chars... Regardless, you know what I did when I saw the prices rise? I farmed the hell out of it and got some awesome money, heh.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 01:49 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 11:49 PM #363 of 1941
I am a complete asshole. =D

I just left my second guild, because the leader was never on and outside of one guy, we never really did much in terms of instances.

So the second-in-command decided to set up a new guild, and sent me a letter of invitation.

And tonight, I sent my old GM a letter saying farewell... and I also included a copy of the invitation.

Assholish? Yup. Likely to cause bad blood between my old guild and my new one? Fuck yes. Likely to cause insane amounts of drama? Uh-huh.

But that's why I did it. >=D

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 06:32 AM #364 of 1941
Wee got that ring reward from veteran gear from the cenarion circle quests. Has 1% crit/1% hit and 6 str, so that will do me for a while.

Took ages to do, but i'm happy with it. Can't even imagine the shitloads of time and money that goes in the ones that need like 21 combat badges or something stupid like that. O_o

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Lipid
Fatty!

Member 3311

Level 8.57

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 05:50 PM #365 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
I am a complete asshole. =D

I just left my second guild, because the leader was never on and outside of one guy, we never really did much in terms of instances.

So the second-in-command decided to set up a new guild, and sent me a letter of invitation.

And tonight, I sent my old GM a letter saying farewell... and I also included a copy of the invitation.

Assholish? Yup. Likely to cause bad blood between my old guild and my new one? Fuck yes. Likely to cause insane amounts of drama? Uh-huh.

But that's why I did it. >=D

"You rock, rock!"

That's completely awesome; drama is fun for all

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 10:37 PM #366 of 1941
I have a stupid question, but I feel I need to ask. Does having 51 points in prot make someone a better tank? I'm currently in a debate with people in my guild who expect MTs to be dealt in 0/0/51 spec. Because apparently 51 points in protection makes someone a better tank than someone balanced like I am (14/0/37) and there's a high possibility that loot is going to be distributed to those who are in full defensive spec before those who are "hybrids" like myself.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 11:08 PM #367 of 1941
I don't see how 0/0/51 is very helpful especially as a warrior... /me shrugs.

Oh and that drama is bullshit there. I don't care, I hate when people do that shit and then the guild breaks up.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 11:26 PM #368 of 1941
I just restarted a new account. My brother and I shared one, but parted ways. We flipped a coin, I lose, so I had to buy a new copy of the game and start a new account.

All of the characters are on Llane. Mine is a Human Rogue, named Yale (hay, name generator made it and I was curious). He is in his upper teens now. But I'm a seasoned player (of sorts). I'll be climbing levels quickly.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:37 PM #369 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
I don't see how 0/0/51 is very helpful especially as a warrior... /me shrugs.

Oh and that drama is bullshit there. I don't care, I hate when people do that shit and then the guild breaks up.

I've already told the raid leader that I refuse to respec to 0/0/51 and that's it's insane to think people in that build are better tanks. Someone even said that 0/0/51 tanks take more damage, and I looked up and down that talent calculator and can't find anything else but the 5 points that give +10 defense to all equipped items or some shit like that. I dunno. But this is some bullshit. Officer's loot/rotation is a fair way to distribute loot, but if the shit goes to the 0/0/51s first and no one else can get till they're geared (which there are currently 6 people in that build and probably every warrior that wants Might will go that build) and it's just complete bullshit. I joined this guild because I was led to believe everything was going to be civilized. At first it was, then shit started going downhill.

tetre
Carob Nut

Member 898

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 11:33 PM #370 of 1941
If you're a warrior, 0/0/51 is stupid. You want 5 points in Tactical Mastery. And the way a 0/0/51 would take more damage is because to get 5 in Tactical Mastery, you might put 5 into Parry so you have +5% to parry, thus reducing overall DPS done to you.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:58 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 10:58 PM #371 of 1941
Ignore them, period. You're gimping yourself unnecessarily by specing 0/0/51.

Imp. HS is good, as it's a high-aggro move that does damage, and less rage for that move is a GOOD THING. Deflection is incredibly nice for tanking, and TM is vital for ANY warrior, especially one who stance-dances (which any good warrior should do, even if they're tanking; OP anybody?).

So... yeah. Prot is good for tanking, but going full prot is just gimping yourself in anything but MT'ing. You can do just as good with your current spec as you can with 51 points in Prot.

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:12 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 03:12 AM #372 of 1941
A talent dump in any tree for any class is the sign of a true retard.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 09:29 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 09:29 AM #373 of 1941
A talent dump in any tree for any class is the sign of a true retard.
Quoted for truth =o

Every tree has its useless talents. The best build is always a medley of everything.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:19 AM #374 of 1941
Anyone who says you need 51 in protection to be a good tank is a fucking retard. This involves wasting talent points on the crappiest abilities in protection, and you'll miss out some vital ones in other trees.

31 is more then enough, although personally i use 38 for one hand weapon spec and imp taunt.

If you go 51 you waste your points on...imp disarm? imp shield bash? imp revenge and imp shield block (3 points instead of 1) wow! they're all useless in 40 man raids.

Go 8/5/38 or 13/0/38. Imp heroic strike, deflection, malice/tactical mastery.

And no, you don't need tactical mastery to be a good tank, sorry, I don't have it and I manage just fine. I won't say I don't miss it, but it's hardly a must, i mean honestly as a MT you hardly ever switch out of defensive. The only time I switch out of defensive is to use berserker rage, and that doesn't need any rage, so...

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:22 AM #375 of 1941
By the by, are the servers down? o__O There's no chatter about it on Gamefags, which is where I check first if I have connectivity issues.

Just when I had a day off from work, too... ;__; They're down I s'pose. Off to run errands then...

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Gechmir; May 16, 2006 at 10:34 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft