Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pang needs your help~

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:28 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 02:28 AM #26 of 30
This is a question bred of ignorance, but is it possible that the power draw from both devices is what's setting the power supply off?

(So that the DVD drive takes less power somehow than the hard drive, but plug them both in, and enjoy FAILURECAKES)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:38 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 02:38 AM #27 of 30
I had the same problem to an extent. The computer would shut down entirely out of the blue. I tried starting it up one day and no dice. Nothing came on.

The cause? Fried motherboard. I'd side with that being the problem, from experience. Power supply and MoBo issues sometimes blur together, but the MoBo is the culprit more commonly from what I've seen. I've had a couple MoBo's crash on me in the past, but I've yet to have a power supply go bad.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:43 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 02:43 AM #28 of 30
Heh, for me it's the exact opposite. Even the PoS motherboard I got with my e-machine from Best Buy lasted me without frying, despite my small case and lack of an exhaust fan. The 420w power supply I bought from my friend didn't last a year before literally cooking its guts. (and the backup my friend offered to me turned out to be dead as well.)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:07 PM #29 of 30
Hey guys~

I hate to drag this up, but apparently it WAS the power supply. Pang got some parts overnighted to him for arrival today, and he worked it all out.

You guys are marvellous~ Thanks for all your helps <3

How ya doing, buddy?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:42 AM #30 of 30
Thank goodness. ^_^
I was really worried, for the reasons that Blah pointed out, that it still might have been the mobo.
Happy to oblige.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Pang needs your help~