Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:33 PM #76 of 495
Wait...it's actually coming this year? We won't have to wait a full year after the release like we did for the last 2 games?

If it's true, then Namco USA finally got it right. Now if only they would hire back the original dub cast...

Also, I believe it was also confirmed that the DS game was coming over as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 10:37 PM #77 of 495
If the DS game does make it over, I'll finally have a reason to buy one.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:49 PM #78 of 495
Aside from all the other great games, yeah.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 11:05 PM #79 of 495
If you knew me well enough, you'd know that I don't think too highly of the DS -- no games I wanna play on it.

Anyway, Soldier I gotta ask -- is it coming out in the States this year, or is that a Japanese release? If memory serves me, the Japanese version of Xenosaga 2 came out a good while before the US version.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:44 PM #80 of 495
Seems to be coming to America this fall.

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3149583

Assuming that it doesn't get delayed, this news is quite exciting.

Most amazing jew boots
Mercury
Flaore la ureque!

Member 525

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:58 AM #81 of 495
Whew, already!? Oh yes, this is good...

On a side note, 3 hours of cut-scenes to conclude all of this, do you think it will be enough?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 01:00 PM #82 of 495
Well let's see, what was the total amount of cutscenes for EPI again? Wasn't it something like 5 hours? It was a lot more then 3. I'm hoping that 3 hours deal isn't official, because that already spells bad news.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 01:03 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 08:03 PM #83 of 495
Episode II had just a little under 5 hours, if I have all the movie rips, and I think it would be impossible to put the entire finale in 3 hours, perhaps 3 hours of CG? (wishful thinking)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 12:24 PM #84 of 495
First English screens:

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:32 PM #85 of 495
I'm impressed; they're actually working on it pretty fast. Take notes, Square.

Quote:
Episode II had just a little under 5 hours, if I have all the movie rips, and I think it would be impossible to put the entire finale in 3 hours, perhaps 3 hours of CG?
Hold on, so you're saying EPIII has even less cutscenes than EPII? I doubt EPII had 5 hours cutscenes total.

Can't believe MOMO has breasts now.

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:52 PM #86 of 495
Kinda off topic, but I stopped playing XSII after I faced that huge castle thingy (too hard). Approx how many hours do I have left in the game?

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 05:59 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 12:59 AM #87 of 495
I downloaded nearly every cutscene that appeared in the game, and it was something 4 hours and 45 minutes, that is if I got all of them, because I think I'm still missing some, like the maintenance Yuli Mizrahi performs on Ziggy before the Y-data extraction attempt.

Seraphite, iirc, Cathedral, if that is the boss you're referring to is a boss in Proto Omega, correct? If that's so, you're right before the ending.

FELIPE NO
Mercury
Flaore la ureque!

Member 525

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 07:22 PM #88 of 495
Hmm, interresting, where could I download all the cutscenes from XSII?

Alors, if there is only 3 hours in Episode III and there was 4h45 in Episode II, that's gonna be very condensed... I hope there are just speculating...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 06:53 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 01:53 PM #89 of 495
A new trailer has been revealed, mostly gameplay footage but also some cutscenes. Some info I could get out of it:

Spoiler:
The first two movies deal with Shion, Miyuki and Canaan infiltrating a Vector division. They are there to make a back up of some data, what it exactly is, is unclear to me, but it seems to have something to do with Vector wanting to use the power of the UMN.

They are attacked by a Gnosis, and we see the first footage of battle. Overall impression is that it moves a lot more fluent than in EP II, character switching works fine, but it does look like you have a lot of commands at your disposal. Battle theme's nice, but not as good as the one from EP I. Miyuki also seems to fight the exact same way as Shion, same weapon and all. After the fight, more Gnosis show up and the party escapes in ES. The unknown pilot says "This way, REALIAN", I wonder who she means with that? During the escape, Shion has some vision of Abel, she receives some sort of warning, and she tells Miyuki to disconnect. Does this mean that they are in the Encephalon?

The third movie is the most interesting. The first scene is Shion trying to convince Kevin to stop doing something. After that, we see more footage of Yuriev (one of my favourites), but I can't hear what he says because of the pretty good music.

The next scene is pretty important I think, but I don't understand everything. I THINK that T-Elos says that not Shion is the child of Maria, maybe she's the marienkind that the zohar refers to? After that, we see another fight with Voyager, I think it's a different one since I don't see the device he activates in the second trailer. Next is a short scene futuring Yuli Mizrahi, Shion and Abel. It looks to me as if Shion doesn't know him, but Yuli is familiar with him.

Another scene wit T-ELOS, who seems to be searching for the "thirteenth key", in order to awaken (not sure if she means her awakening or KOS-MOS). And finally, we see more battle footage, like Jin-Margulis in ES, and the party against T-Elos.

The trailer can be found here. The password is xeno.

Last edited by Peter; Apr 16, 2006 at 06:00 AM.
B.K.
Chocobo

Member 974

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:49 AM #90 of 495
I assume the three hours is just for regular cutscenes and not counting the text boxes. I played the demo last night. There were quite a few text boxes in it.

The loading is MUCH better this time. It's almost instantaneous. No more 3-5 second waits like in Episode II. The only loading that I saw was right before the final boss of the demo, but that was only a second or two.

I really like how the traps are handled. They're actually going to be useful now that you can set them where you want.

One of the best improvements of the battle system is that a character can Boost on their turn. No more waiting for the next character to go before you can Boost. Boost is actually more useful now too. Each character special attacks. These attacks use Boost and are stronger than normal attacks. Characters also have Arts attacks that they can use with EP. It appears that Arts and Ether are gained by raising levels.

DRAKO
Lobo Estepario

Member 4053

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 01:38 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 02:38 PM #91 of 495
and...
somebody will try the xIII demo?
in japanese off course..

if you don´t kill me for my english , i won´t kill you for your spanish...
thnx

i was IKKYU back then...but who cares...
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 04:54 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 11:54 PM #92 of 495
I'm downloading it as we speak. Expect comments here in a few days.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 05:11 PM #93 of 495
I just finished downloading it from BlackCats. I should be able to give the demo a good run either later today or tommorow.

Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:29 PM #94 of 495
I just downloaded the Xenosaga III Japanese Demo... and in the beginning (behind the "new game screen") I could swear I saw someone who looked EXACTLY like Fei Wong (from Xenogears)... it was much like a shadow really... I wonder... who knows it might just look like him and nothing more

I'll go take a look again tomorrow morning to confirm this... anyone know though if the new game behind the scenes "movie" can be found on the net... will be easier for me to check this out...

Did anyone get the demo or can confirm this?

Radius-86
Wark!

Member 1905

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 04:35 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 02:35 AM #95 of 495
Does XS for DS have a lot to do with the story? Basically I'm wondering if several key events of the XS story can be missed if you do not play that game in the series.

FELIPE NO
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 04:05 PM #96 of 495
Quote:
I could swear I saw someone who looked EXACTLY like Fei Wong
That kid was already shown in the amazing XSI ending. And obviously since it's the same team, he'll be similar - not only in physical traits.

edit: Awesome. I just beat XSII. Did the trailers show who the guy in the white robe is? Albedo?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]

Last edited by Sepharite; Apr 21, 2006 at 08:20 PM.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:49 PM #97 of 495
That kid is Abel >.<

Dang, got to excited!

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:19 PM #98 of 495
After finishing XSII,

Spoiler:
So, is Albedo good or something? Negrido is the bad one? Just picked the last boss up after a few months - forgot the whole plot ._.

vertigo
Syklis Green

Member 247

Level 7.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 10:32 PM #99 of 495
Originally Posted by Sepharite
After finishing XSII,

Spoiler:
So, is Albedo good or something? Negrido is the bad one? Just picked the last boss up after a few months - forgot the whole plot ._.
Spoiler:

Here's the short version:

Well Negrido is good, but we learn that Yeriev(the father guy of the urtvs) has locked his personality inside Negrido. Thus, Negrido => Yeriev at the end of XSII and we do not know yet if Yeriev is acting to aid shion and pals.

Albedo is Jr's other half and friend, but he's still messed up and will still be fighting on the side of the "circle of zarathustra" = cloaked guys + whiehelm

(forgive my spelling XD)

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:28 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 01:28 PM #100 of 495
Spoiler:
I'm curious about Nigredo's role as a URTV. He is referred to as an executioner, and he managed to blow of Albedo's arm by nothing but psychic powers. I don't think he himself is evil though

As for Yuriev's role, he won't be helping Shion & co, I think. His only interest is the zohar and U-DO. He also poses a threat to Wilhelm and the circle, according to the Pied Piper script. In the first trailer, I think, we see Yuriev activating the zohar and the emulators, and the party storms in to stop him. For me, he's easily one of the most interesting characters, even better than Albedo imo.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra