Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:14 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 09:14 PM #76 of 1108
I really dug the Halo 3 legendary helmet, my Club Nintendo hat reward is sitting on it right now. ;_;

Considering how cheap the Legendary stuff got so quick though, it might be more cost effective to buy regular first and legendary 6 months later. It'd be possibly cheaper (or at least equal) to double dip, if the helmet prices here were any indication.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Apr 21, 2010 at 10:17 PM.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:26 AM #77 of 1108
If you timed it right you were able to get halo 3 legendary for 20 bucks at toys r us. So yeah, I'd hold off on legendary myself.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:32 AM #78 of 1108
Everyone go watch this:

Bungie.net : Halo Reach : Multimedia

Don't have time before work to update, but tons of new stuff in there, I'll update when I get home. Also the Bungie guys swear a lot. Also Luke Smith is pretty hilarious. "It's like everyone's got a Death Star in their hands" lololol

Also some stuff came out regarding the editions, what makes this different then previously is the in-game armor stuff is apparently exclusive to the editions, cannot be obtained otherwise; it's some sort of exclusive "armor effect", whatever that means.

Additional Spam:
Acutally leaked images of the actual packaging is up via Halo Waypoint: Reach Retail Packaging First Look

Again I'll properly update tonight.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Apr 22, 2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:59 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2010, 10:59 AM #79 of 1108
I'll probably still go with the medium edition, but the statue thing with the large edition doesn't look that bad.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:45 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2010, 06:45 PM #80 of 1108
I didn't realise that the DMR had changing accuracy like the sniper. I guess they liked how longer ranged weapons work in Tom Clancy games (And in fact most other FPS games these days), assuming that running lowers the accuracy of the DMR as well as rapid firing. I like what they're saying about dropping your Spartan into campaign mode so there's less detachment, whereas before you were either Master Chief (Or the smelly alien dude) or playing multiplayer. Again, this is just like Rainbow Six (I've just been playing that, hence all the comparissons) where even in story mode when you're a named character he still looks how you set him up. When does the beta launch exactly? I'm hoping it's before the Opera season starts and I start working every hour ever.

How ya doing, buddy?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:06 PM #81 of 1108
May 3rd.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:00 PM 1 #82 of 1108
My dick is so hard right now. Halo Reach Legendary is mine, Beta Vidoc has me all hot and bothered.

Most amazing jew boots
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:31 PM #83 of 1108
My dick is so hard right now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:42 PM #84 of 1108
Updated the OP with the details/pics of all the editions. There's some more relatively minor stuff, but it's late and with the BWU being tomorrow, I'll just wait and do it all tomorrow.

The statue's 10 freaking pounds people!

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2010, 04:19 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2010, 10:19 AM #85 of 1108
Two weeks after launch it'll probably be about £10 on eBay too.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:42 PM #86 of 1108
Per this week's BWU, Bungie is saying that Microsoft is saying that it'll be nothing like the cat helmet, and they actually are limited, so who fucking knows. I doubt it.

Any way, I'll be full on updating the OP later tonight or tomorrow, plenty of news between yesterday and today's update. Quick question: does any one actually give a shit about the .gifs? To be clear I'm pulling them from elsewhere and not spending time myself on them. I'm thinking about maybe pulling down all of them (except maybe for one or two), and severely condensing down the weapon section and possibly doing away with even the spoiler dropdowns, dunno.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:07 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2010, 05:07 PM #87 of 1108
I would leave the dropdowns. Makes it a lot easier to find the general subject you're looking for. If someone doesn't really give a shit about the arena (lol right) and just wants to see the new weapons, it's right there in a neat little package. Don't have to sift through half a page of text.

Some of the pictures could probably go, if you're trying to condense. I'm pretty sure everyone has a clear understanding of what the Plasma Sword and Shotgun look like, and the new weapons aren't terribly different from what we've seen before. Except that Grenade Launcher, which is damn cool.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:23 PM #88 of 1108
Condensed the OP down further, got rid of most of the .gifs although I did keep one or two, seemed particularly relevant to show how Armor Lock works. Once I get off my ass and actually make some image headers it's done done.

Additions to OP:

-Few more details on various editions (The flames on the helmet that comes with the Legendary Edition works with any Spartan Helmet, it's not tied to only that one).
-Mongoose is NOT in the Beta as previously reported.
-Some Loadouts start you with 3 of a grenade; the third grenade is only available upon spawn, once you throw your first grenade of that type, you're capped at 2 for the rest of that spawn, even if you pick up another.
-There are a number of new medals, such as for killing someone who's flying with a Jet Pack, killing someone who's reloading, and more. Waiting for better screens/Bungie info to update this further.
-Custom Games will NOT be available in the Beta.
-In Invasion Slayer there are randomly positioned territories; capture them, and 10 seconds later an airdrop containing either weapons or vehicles will arrive.

(Current) Playlist drop dates into the Beta:
* Grab Bag – May 3
* FFA – May 3
* Arena - May 3
* Invasion - May 7
* Network Test 1/Generator Defense - May 14
-As you can see not all of the Playlists are immediately available; they are being staggered for specific network testing. However once a Playlist is up, unless unforseen circumstances arise it should be up for the duration of the Beta (i.e. Grab Bag does not go away on May 7th when Invasion is available). Per Bungie the above dates are subject to change.
-The Bungie Weekly Update on April 30th will detail what gametypes fall into what Playlists, etc.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:18 PM #89 of 1108
Image headers are up; likely NOT permanent, but they'll do for now. I need hi-res screens of things that aren't available yet to do something proper with the headers that I want to do. There's apparently a huge media embargo going up tomorrow, so there should be tons of videos and screens from all of the media outlets when they played the game a couple of weeks ago. Then some time next week (likely on the Bungie Weekly Update) we should have concrete information on how the Arena ranks are calculated, the Beta end date, and final details on what will be in every Playlist, etc.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:32 PM #90 of 1108
Media embargo went up today, if you only watch one thing make it this. It's by GiantBomb and clocks at 35 minutes, but they play and go over all of beta maps, as well as all the new weapons and various changes.

Quest Your Way To Early Halo: Reach Beta Access - Giant Bomb

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:34 PM #91 of 1108
-There are a number of new medals... killing someone who's reloading
Now that's just silly.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:41 PM #92 of 1108
Now that's just silly.
Why?

That one's called Opportunist I believe.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:53 PM 1 #93 of 1108
Because I fucking said so.

'sides I don't see it popping up a whole lot, unless someone is killing you since you're always, always reloading at the worst possible time and getting killed because of it. Seriously if I had a dollar for every time you died because "ran out of bullets and was reloading" or "I emptied a WHOLE CLIP into that guy and he got me when I was reloading" I would be fucking rich.

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:56 PM #94 of 1108
Seriously if I had a dollar for every time you died because "ran out of bullets and was reloading" or "I emptied a WHOLE CLIP into that guy and he got me when I was reloading" I would be fucking rich.
quotin' dis

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:20 PM #95 of 1108
That seems to be more an issue for me in MW2 more by far than any other game though, not exactly sure why. Possibly because MW2 generally encourages you to go more apeshit with your weaponry/ammo than most other games.

Also updated the OP, it's unconfirmed but it appears that the Rocket Launcher has vehicle lock-on back, a la Halo 2.

Additional Spam:
OP updated, we got confirmation of the Playlist drop dates as well as exactly what Gametypes are going to be in each early. At this point barring some sort of shocker or typo on my part, I think the only addition will be whenever they announce the end date of the Beta, which as far as I know they still plan on announcing this week.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Apr 27, 2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:27 PM #96 of 1108
Two updates:

-The Beta ends May 19th (what the hell)
-You will get a Halo: Reach hoodie for your avatar by playing at least one game of the Beta, then checking your game stats on Halo Waypoint.

Also sometime this week we're still supposed to be getting the exact formula for how Arena rank is determined, I'll update with that if it's relevant, but that's basically about it for pre-beta stuff. The F&F beta starts tomorrow, so there will be a ton of livestreaming happening (it's being allowed), if there's a particularly good one or something I might post it. I know there's at least one GAFer who will be in F&F who is actually extremely good at the game who will be livestreaming his play, if anything I'll post and check that one out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:46 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2010, 10:46 PM #97 of 1108
Haha, ah man I LOVE the DMR. Mo0 dies SO EASILY TO IT. REPEATEDLY.

Also it's ability to THYME PAIR-A-DUCKS and kill me and daravon at the same time is impressive.

Speaking of mo0 if I see him in our little circle throwing flags out one more time I will drive down to his house and launch him into space

also also team swat is the shit in this. voting for it no matter what happens ever.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Apr 29, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:28 AM #98 of 1108
How much better is this over Halo 3? So much. Everything, from weapons to actual movement feels so much better. The plasma launcher is probably the only thing off the top of my head I'd want changed. It's a lock on stick grenade weapon that is ridiculously quick to fire and fast at acquiring targets which equals to loads of bullshit on swordbase!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:39 PM Local time: May 1, 2010, 12:39 AM #99 of 1108
How did so many of you get into the beta early?

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:05 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2010, 06:05 PM #100 of 1108
Microsoft Expertzone. It didn't check if you actually worked the job you said you did to normally take advantage of it's bonuses, and it handed out beta codes to anyone with an American Live ID.

They've ran out of codes though. They had several thousand but they are now all gone.

Tags
fucking armor lock, halo, halo reach

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF