Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Must Own PS2 Games, or how many middling JRPGs can you suggest?

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2008, 02:35 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2008, 12:35 AM #101 of 114
Looking at their website, you can pick up either Manhunt, Sands of Time or R-Type Final for $9.99

I see Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Freedom Fighters as well.
Manhunt and Freedom Fighters were "Meh" for me. R-Type Final might be interesting, or Sands of Time (Since I have the Two Thrones I know what to expect).

Quote:
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
LOL, No.

I'll probably head over there tomorrow and see what they have to offer.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:34 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 09:34 AM #102 of 114
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Do not
Yeah, seriously. I bought it for Xbox and it's an awful game. It was free when I bought it so I didn't want to waste the gas to take it back and exchange it but, really, don't fucking bother.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:14 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 07:14 PM #103 of 114
Lament of Innocence is for PS2 only.

You're thinking Curse of Darkness.

FELIPE NO

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:54 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 10:54 AM #104 of 114
You're right, I totally missed that. Curse of Darkness is the one that's awful. What's wrong with Lament of Innocence then?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 01:46 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 12:46 PM #105 of 114
Everything. Both of them are pretty shit. Curse is worse, but Lament fails miserably in practically every regard that truly matters anyway.

That said, R-Type Final is a fantastic title if you, well, like R-Type. Shit tonnes of ships and weapons that make playing the thing a bit different every time, if you're one of the types who loves to do that sorta thing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Detection

Member 16824

Level 14.04

Dec 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 02:05 PM #106 of 114
Culdcept

Board game that uses monster cards to get territory, if someone else lands on it they use their own cards to fight and take over or pay a toll. It's incredibly addictive and has beautiful music. Might be a little difficult to find, though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 02:34 PM #107 of 114
Plus you can get the newest incarnation on 360 for not too expensive.

Still you should get it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
PunyPeon
Chocobo

Member 17368

Level 9.15

Dec 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:24 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 10:24 PM #108 of 114
RPGs : Persona 4/Ar Tonelico 2/Eternal Poison are coming out, but for one's already released there are too many to count. Suikoden, Shadow Hearts, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Disgaea/La Pucelle/etc to name a few.

Fighting : King of Fighters XI, Street Fighter/Alpha Anniversary, SNK vs Capcom 2, MVC2

Shooter : R-Type Final, Gradius 5, Raiden 3

Action : Devil May Cry, God of War, and perhaps MGS Essential Collection could fit here.

There are many gems on the PS2, good luck finding some.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:29 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 01:29 AM #109 of 114
For a good action game (with a touch of horror), I'd seriously recommend Ghost Hunter. Graphics are sharp and the gameplay is fun.

Also Timesplitters 2 because out of the three TS games, this one takes the cake.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:40 PM 1 #110 of 114
I meant to add another game to this list, but was sidetracked by surgery. I'll toss the recommendation up in case anyone still reads this thread.

SSX Tricky - Seriously, this game kicks stupendous ass and I'm honestly shocked nobody mentioned it. It's got crazy action, excellent celebrity cameo voiceovers, super-tight controls, beautious graphics and is an absolute blast in multiplayer. The characters are vibrant and their different personalities shine through due to EA's lengthy recording sessions. The levels are vast and full of tiny little side-trails that can clip seconds off your time if you find them. The stunts are ludicrously over-the-top but also an absolute treat to behold if you can build your meter high enough. Even the soundtrack is smooth and funky. I've had the game since it came out and have never once considered trading it in. If you like snowboarding action, SSX Tricky will not let you down. Psymon is the man, btw.

For what it's worth, SSX 3 was a quality successor to Tricky, but a tiny bit of the original charm was lost somewhere. The characters were still pretty rad, and the open level exploration was a nice change, but it seemed like they were trying to pack in just a bit too much. Still, if you cannot find Tricky, SSX3 will do in a pinch, as it delivers the same core action and expansive sceneries.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2008, 03:01 PM #111 of 114
I meant to add another game to this list, but was sidetracked by surgery. I'll toss the recommendation up in case anyone still reads this thread.

SSX Tricky - Seriously, this game kicks stupendous ass and I'm honestly shocked nobody mentioned it. It's got crazy action, excellent celebrity cameo voiceovers, super-tight controls, beautious graphics and is an absolute blast in multiplayer. The characters are vibrant and their different personalities shine through due to EA's lengthy recording sessions. The levels are vast and full of tiny little side-trails that can clip seconds off your time if you find them. The stunts are ludicrously over-the-top but also an absolute treat to behold if you can build your meter high enough. Even the soundtrack is smooth and funky. I've had the game since it came out and have never once considered trading it in. If you like sports-action, SSX Tricky will not let you down. Psymon is the man, btw.

For what it's worth, SSX 3 was a quality successor to Tricky, but a tiny bit of the original charm was lost somewhere. The characters were still pretty rad, and the open level exploration was a nice change, but it seemed like they were trying to pack in just a bit too much. Still, if you cannot find Tricky, SSX3 will do in a pinch, as it delivers the same core action and expansive sceneries.
Hell yes, Crash.

One of the best SSX games ever. I should totally pick this one up again. Misplaced it somewhere and I can't find it anymore in my house.

I give you props for the SSX Tricky toss up. I wish I could give you more since Psymon is my favorite character as well.

I didn't like SSX 3 as much though.

FELIPE NO
jikifreak
Lover of Noire

Member 32341

Level 1.47

Dec 2008

Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:51 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2008, 09:51 AM #112 of 114
Being an RPG nut myself, here is what I would suggest.

SMT: Nocturne. It was slow to most when it came out, but as soon as people realized it was getting great reviews and all, it became a must have. I hate that LOL. I bought it on day one and still listen to the soundtrack, and enjoy the final battle, the real final battle

SMT Devil Summoner

Digital Devil Saga 1/2 GREAT game. Amazing story, and just all out fun gameplay.

Persona 3, and FES of course. P4 comes out this month!

Other great RPGS I would recommend are...

Disgaea of course La Pucelle Tactics, Ar Tonelico, Steambot Chronicles, Metal Saga, Growlanser HOW, Odin Sphere, Magna Carta,

I am an Atlus Nippon Ichi nut

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:08 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 03:08 PM 1 #113 of 114
I liked Lament of Innocence.

You can all go to hell

Looking back over the mentions, I won't bother seconding things like Shadow of the Colossus, but I'd suggest Twisted Metal Black and/or Twisted Metal: Head On if you ever liked Mario Kart versus, Soul Reaver 2 and Kain's Defiance for the adventure crowd, and The Suffering (number 1, not so much number 2) basically for anyone who wants a very good atmospheric action game.

Oh, and Dirge of Cerberus. Don't let haters fool you, the action and the gun customization was aces. The story had problems with pacing going up and down, and general Final Fantasy confustification, but it had a nice mix of shooter and exploration that really appealed to me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:05 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2008, 11:05 AM 1 #114 of 114
La Pucelle Tactics
Ugh, just no. I don't think I've ever played a game that took as long to get going as this and was still so boring when it got there. This is one of the worst SRPGS I ever played.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Must Own PS2 Games, or how many middling JRPGs can you suggest?