Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] SMT: Persona 3 (The RPG to keep talking about, since :awesome:) Now with more PEZ.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2008, 12:34 AM #551 of 556
I've been playing it quite a bit over the past few days and I'm just about to the end of The Answer.

Spoiler:
I'm currently stuck on the fight against Yukari and Mitsuru. Out of nowhere they suddenly learn Megidolaon and use it back-to-back. I just need to have enough HP to survive two consecutive casts so I can spam Mediarahan while Metis does the damage.

It's been quite a ride.

Edit:

I've now beaten The Answer. The final boss took me a couple of tries, but once I figured out how to keep it from charging its Primal Darkness move it went smoothly.

Spoiler:
Now THAT was an ending. So much more closure and made a lot more sense than the ending to The Journey. I was worried that Aigis was going to die initially, at which point I thought "Well, that spoils what's going to happen to the main character in Persona 4" but I was very pleased to see her come out alive. Minato wasn't revived, but at least they explained why he died.

I'll do a hard mode playthrough of Persona 3 probably some time over this summer, but for now I can set it aside for finals and other games.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; May 19, 2008 at 06:52 AM.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 04:21 PM #552 of 556
d up FES. So GAF, do I finish my copy of Persona 3? (I'm about half a year in) or just start all over in FES' The Journey? I have the double jump guide but that's pretty much useless now and i was enjoying using it a long with the original game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 05:41 PM Local time: May 15, 2008, 02:41 PM #553 of 556
Apparently you don't need a completed game to carry over your character personality stats and the Persona list. It just uses the current value from whatever saved game you have.

I'd just start over with FES converting what data you currently have.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 04:18 PM Local time: May 16, 2008, 02:18 PM #554 of 556
I think maybe it'd be worth it to finish up any S-Links that are close to completion before restarting with FES. You get to transfer those nifty items you get from completing them and then you can ignore those S-Links in your second playthrough. I have no idea what those items are for, I must admit, but I imagine we should all want them all. Unless it's possible to get them all in a single playthrough, anyway, in which case nevermind what I just typed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; May 19, 2008 at 06:53 AM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2008, 04:33 PM #555 of 556
Was the scene for clean up after the school festival new to FES, or was that in vanilla P3 also? I don't remember it, and I rofled.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; May 19, 2008 at 06:53 AM.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2008, 11:16 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 11:16 AM #556 of 556
finally finished the Answer after 27 hours. Here's the strategy I used
Spoiler:
the 4 final bosses were not really difficult, but they are rather tricky. I think I was beaten like 15 times or more before I could figure out the most optimal strategy
Akihiko and Ken = Kill Ken first, use tetrakarn to force them using magic
Koromaru and Junpei = Kill Junpei first, use fire break if you want to use Ragnarok (Surt ultimate attack), use siegfried since it could null slash.
Yukari and Mitsuru = Kill Mitsuru first, equip eye of wind or anything to null wind attack. Your best persona is Yorlungur with mediarahan, whatever you do, don't use Makarakarn because in next turn they will use megidolaon.
Erebus = Keep your hp always at maximum, use mind charge at the beginning of turn so you could use your most powerful magic when he using Dark Embrace, after he's down, cast any supportive magic to your party members

My level is 77 btw, and they are not really difficult, but pretty much tricky

Anyway the story is just so good, I think I almost cry during some scenes.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; May 22, 2008 at 07:50 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] SMT: Persona 3 (The RPG to keep talking about, since :awesome:) Now with more PEZ.