Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Ar Tonelico - The closest thing rpg nerds will ever get to a girlfriend

l33tgamer
Carob Nut

Member 2045

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:47 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 12:47 AM #76 of 158
corrupt save

Just got the game today, only problem is that the first time I went to save it failed to save. I tried to save again and than it couldn't load the card to save, so I put my other card in to try on that one same results. This happend on my PS2 slim witha max memory 16mb and the 32mb card, both disgaea and disgaea 2 save fine on these I was wondering if anyone had any idea about this. Also I can't delelte the corrupt file from the card so it seems I might be screwed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 01:18 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 11:18 PM #77 of 158
The saving system is VERY buggy in this game. Use nothing but the official playstation memory card (8mb one) to play this game or else it won't save properly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
l33tgamer
Carob Nut

Member 2045

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 01:44 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 01:44 AM #78 of 158
Is this game very laggy for anyone, I'm playing using the ps2 component cables and it seems to have load and video problems.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by l33tgamer; Feb 27, 2007 at 04:19 AM.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 09:49 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 10:49 AM #79 of 158
I have no saving problem on my PS2 but PS3 plenty of save bugs.

As for the lagginess, yes I do have them... there are always a slight pause when entering battles and other related events! Just bear through them and you will get used to it!

How ya doing, buddy?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 02:35 AM #80 of 158
Well, I beat Ar Tonelico apparently.

Spoiler:
What the hell.

That was the most abrupt ending since Halo 2. The game's pace was picking up, and I was really getting into the plot. I was expecting a Phase 3 or something after fighting "Shadow Mir" as the card said, but then Shurelia is all "I'm sacrificing myself!" *CREDITS!*

I got the Misha ending, and chose to live the happy life with her. At some point I'll play through it again for Aurica's ending, then remember to make a save before the final battle so I can find out what's in the "This isn't how it should be..." ending.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the game. I completed all of Aurica's soulspace, but didn't get to the end of Misha's until after I was already past the Blastline, so I didn't finish her soulspace up. However, I wasn't left with a "Wow, what a good game." kind of nice feeling after all was said and done. I felt like there should've been much more. If a direct sequel is made that'd make me happier.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Taco; Mar 12, 2007 at 02:39 AM.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 03:05 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2007, 01:05 AM #81 of 158
Well, I beat Ar Tonelico apparently.

Spoiler:
What the hell.

That was the most abrupt ending since Halo 2. The game's pace was picking up, and I was really getting into the plot. I was expecting a Phase 3 or something after fighting "Shadow Mir" as the card said, but then Shurelia is all "I'm sacrificing myself!" *CREDITS!*

I got the Misha ending, and chose to live the happy life with her. At some point I'll play through it again for Aurica's ending, then remember to make a save before the final battle so I can find out what's in the "This isn't how it should be..." ending.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the game. I completed all of Aurica's soulspace, but didn't get to the end of Misha's until after I was already past the Blastline, so I didn't finish her soulspace up. However, I wasn't left with a "Wow, what a good game." kind of nice feeling after all was said and done. I felt like there should've been much more. If a direct sequel is made that'd make me happier.
Spoiler:
Be aware that Phase 3 exists if you choose to revive Shurelia.

So apparently I finished the game too, last night. Will get more costumes. Overall, it was pretty awesome. Definitely deserved a 7.5 score.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 03:16 AM #82 of 158
Spoiler:
Be aware that Phase 3 exists if you choose to revive Shurelia.
Spoiler:
Is that what's in the "This isn't how it should be" ending?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 03:38 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2007, 01:38 AM #83 of 158
Spoiler:
Is that what's in the "This isn't how it should be" ending?
Yep.

I actually just saw 3 endings. Sad me, but I have literally saved all 12 blocks with stuff from Phases 1-3, so I can repeat some endings if necessary.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 03:59 PM #84 of 158
Spoiler:
Thank God it let me load my save file I made after the final battle. I chose the second option, and sure enough, "PHASE 3 BEGIN". It's proving to be pretty interesting, and diving Surelia is so hilarious. I love how her little virtual world thing spoofs on so many anime series.

The few battles I've fought have been exponentially harder than anything I ran into in Phase 2 though. The game might actually get challenging now.

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:46 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2007, 11:46 AM #85 of 158
I completed all 3 third phase endings, still missing Misha's second phase ending.
I love the dialogues in the game *sigh* no one is doing the game script for this awesome game -____-""

How ya doing, buddy?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 03:34 PM #86 of 158
Eh I got this game last week but the disc has a scratch on it(same with Xeno III >_>) but I got it to work. There's some lag but I don't care, I liked what I saw(intro and the first "invincible-boss" battle). I'll be playing it seriously tommorow.

Most amazing jew boots
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 07:24 AM #87 of 158
Ok so I've made it to phase 2 with 32hrs in the game. Point of this post though is about my dissappointment in Aurica. I've reached level E of her cosmosphere, I devoted so much time away from the plot just to dive in her mind endlessly so I can help her through her insecurities and put downs. And when it was all said and done, the girl is still extremely hard on herself. Lyner does all of that for her and she is still blind to her potential..

A Class-D Reyvateil
Spoiler:
fucking ONE SHOTTED BOURD RADE

Now of course the actual battle has no effect on how shes programmed to work, but still, she is powerful for her class. All I have to say is, it makes no sense that Angel Aurica and especiallu Devilish Aurica are much better than the Real Aurica. I was very interested in that character and hoped she found some enlightenment. I DO understand her position though having live a somewhat outcast-ish life during my teen years. Well, thankfully Misha doesn't have this problem and I can't wait to continue diving in her mind.

IMO Aurica's lvl8 cosmosphere was better than lvl6.

FELIPE NO
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 03:10 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 12:10 PM #88 of 158

One can only hope the first game did well enough for NIS America to pick this one up as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:18 PM #89 of 158
I'm pretty sure they will. I can feel it hit off well in america.

I am also not suprized, the game always had that "unfinished business" feeling.

Well if it don't port over, I'm importing lol.

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:25 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 07:25 PM #90 of 158
Oh I do wish that if they ever make the sequel to this brilliant game, then they should put 'fixing bugs' as their first priority >_<

Looking forward to ArT2 release ^ ^

How ya doing, buddy?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:21 AM #91 of 158
Ar Tonelico 2? I'm there. I just hope the second game doesn't take quite as long to pick up in terms of pacing. That and they need to fix those sound issues all of Gust's games seem to have when brought stateside.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:25 AM #92 of 158
Pacing? I think 50hrs for and RPG is rare these days. I hope it's LONGER(and more levels of the cosmosphere).

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:42 AM #93 of 158
True, I have no gripes about the games length, but

Opinions:
I thought Phase 1 was just a chore to get through. It was boring as hell an nearly turned me off from the game completely. Phase 2 and 3 were excellent, though.

I also wouldn't mind having some more levels to cosmospheres. Among other things, here's some stuff I'd like to see in 2:
  • Better japanese voice acting (Lyner's voice made me cringe)
  • Either a more difficult game or an option for enemies to be harder; Over the course of AT, my Reyvateil only died twice in the final battle, and prior to that never even took damage. None of my characters ever died until Phase 3, either
  • Another neat art book with the pre-orders. The one from the first game was pretty neat with all fo the explinations for stuff it included.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Taco; Apr 13, 2007 at 08:45 AM.
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:36 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 04:36 PM #94 of 158
I hope they are able to better integrate the cosmosphere into the main storyline. I found it strange that you'd make some progress in developing one of the girls personalities only to have them regress and act like their former selves in the main story. I have no idea why they let you drill down 4 or 5 cosmosphere levels in a single sitting without requiring the advancement of the story some at each step.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 08:35 AM #95 of 158
^That was one of the games biggest flaws. The fact that if you dive too early and too fast the plot will be revealed, aka You will know what happens before Lyner does. Also what you said about regression - I agree. I'm sure everyone wanted to see Aurica become better, and it was a waste of time. Those who've seen the events in the Musical Corridor will know what I'm talking about. After that I just couldn't stand her anymore. I mean... "Devilish Aurica" was better than normal Aurica -.-

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 09:57 AM #96 of 158
I also agree. Ar Tonelico is the only game I've ever played that spoiled itself.

Spoiler:
I was nearing the end of Phase 2 and decided to do the item collecting side quests for the higher levels of Misha's and Aurica's cosmospheres, and some of the camp conversations started talking about Shurelia, who was not yet in my party.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:58 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 09:58 AM #97 of 158

One can only hope the first game did well enough for NIS America to pick this one up as well.
As much as I want this to happen, many critics gave the game lukewarm reviews, which may put the second one's release on hot water too.

Still though, I want this to be picked up as well. Nevermind the easy difficulty; the story is interesting enough and the cosmosphere is fun. Just the '3 second freezing' (or whenever that time the PS2 just stops momentarily) is goddamn annoying which I hope can be fixed in the second game. Also lessen the other items for pete's sake; there are more of them then necessary in-game.

Ced The Lad
Magister Magi

Member 18529

Level 5.59

Jan 2007

Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:27 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 10:27 AM #98 of 158
Here are the rest of the scans.

They're currently developing this game and many expect the game to be released in Japan later this year. Sadly, this means that we may have to wait until Winter or the early part of 2008. But the news of the sequel is better than no news at all!

Just by going on the looks of the new Reivateils alone, it seems like we have characters that give off the Misha (Reivateil in Purple) and Shurelia (Reivateil in white) feel.

Looking at the screens, they seem to have detailed the background of the fights and areas much better than the first game.

I see dive points, so we're probably diving once again. I wouldn't change much about the theme of the last game including the certain uneasy talk topics. That's what made the game fun. So hopefully they left that kind of stuff in there.

As for the characters, Misha was perfect. Easily my favorite girl character in any form of media. If anyone even comes close to her, then I'll be satisfied.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:34 PM #99 of 158
Excellent info Ced. I'm really hyped for this game now. And I bet the chick in white is going to have a lot of sexual inuendo revolving around her LOL.

Looks like the Lyner/Aurica/Misha story arc is put to rest. I can only imagine what will happen in the second installement.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ced The Lad
Magister Magi

Member 18529

Level 5.59

Jan 2007

Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:44 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 10:44 AM #100 of 158
Winterstorm, could you give me the whole image of your Misha Avatar? That's by far, my favorite pose of her, but I can't find it anywhere!

More news

According to this site some small details have been revealed.

Quote:
Ar Tonelico will continue in its second installment, which is due out in Japan later this year (unspecified date). The tentative title is Ar Tonelico 2: Sekai ni Hibiku Shoujo Tachi no Souzoushi/Metafarica. A rough translation is Ar Tonelico 2: The Crafting Song (Metafarica) of Maidens That Fills the World With Sound. Speculation shows that the game takes place in Sol Ciel again, possibly in the past. Metafarica refers to a Reyvatel song that is able to create new land. The confirmed characters are as follows:

Croshe- Blond-haired Reyvateli
Ruka- Blue-haired Reyvateli
Croa- Protagonist, similar outfit to a Knight of Elemia.
Other characters can be seen, including a girl with two swords and a male character with two spiked shields.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Ar Tonelico - The closest thing rpg nerds will ever get to a girlfriend