Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Ar Tonelico - The closest thing rpg nerds will ever get to a girlfriend

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 03:37 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 02:37 PM #51 of 158
Miles, from here on out it's probably best to let other people confirm games before you play them in the PS3.

Are you sure it's past a certain point in the game or is it just a random occurance?

This sucks nuts though. How much time did you lose?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 03:50 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 01:50 PM #52 of 158
Looking at other message boards, this error is fairly common. Someone even questioned NIS about it, and they said it can only be fixed through a firmware update by Sony. I'm digging out my PS2 now.

Luckily Rogue Galaxy doesn't seem to have this problem.

Most amazing jew boots
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:56 PM #53 of 158
Damn I wonder where is my game right now. It's been more than a week and I still don't have any clue where the package is. Last activity tracked is "Envoi du régime international arrivé au Canada" which means nothing more than they got it like MONDAY ?? They received the package, now what??? It's staying at the front door since then ?!

I was speaking idiomatically.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 03:01 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 10:01 AM #54 of 158
Damn, I really wanted to pre-order this back when it was still open on the store but had no way to do it (no CC or money in general for game buying). But now I have some money and it's too late... I'm too afraid to even check the eBay prices if anyone is still selling the pre-order packages >.<

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 03:26 PM #55 of 158
I didn't check, but can you use PayPal at NIS online store. If yes, you just need to authentify yourself with your bank account, so you won't need any credit card to order online.

FELIPE NO

... Nothing.... really.

Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)

My VGM Collection

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:13 PM #56 of 158
My campus mail room currently has my package, and has had it for almost two days. They're just bogged down with so many valentines day packages that nobody has gotten any package notices.

Fuck this, from now on I'm having shipped back home or to someone off-campus instead of my dorm address.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:04 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 07:04 PM #57 of 158
I didn't check, but can you use PayPal at NIS online store. If yes, you just need to authentify yourself with your bank account, so you won't need any credit card to order online.
Ohh awesome. I just got an e-mail from RosenQueen and they still have Ar Tonelico to purchase with the soundtrack and it does take Pay Pal

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:33 AM #58 of 158
My efforts were successful. After my epic struggle with the mailroom, I finally received my copy of the game. I've been playing it almost nonstop since I got it, and I'm really enjoying it. Nothing like watching the song's power go over 20000% before nuking enemies with it.

So far I'm about 9 hours in, and already have cleared Aurica's level 3 cosmosphere.

Spoiler:
I want Misha back though ;_;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:05 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 11:05 PM #59 of 158
What until you learn how to install stuff. Most sexual innuendo in a video game ever.

yangxu
Last Star

Member 972

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 02:46 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 11:46 PM #60 of 158
This game has a lot of music/voice bugs, they should've debugged it before its release...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:02 AM Local time: Feb 18, 2007, 12:02 AM #61 of 158
Agreed with yanxu, thats why I stayed with the Japanese voice!

Overall I think the game is quite average (quests very straight forward... does it even have sidequests?). However I will give a higher score due to the 'date-sim-like' scenerio

You nearly completed the game Crazy Redd?

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:13 AM Local time: Feb 18, 2007, 05:13 AM #62 of 158
There better be some post-game shit like Disgaea, or I'm going to frown.

cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:14 AM #63 of 158
Haha my friend and I got our copies and he was charged 8¢ more than me for custom duty tax. Way to go Canada !

FELIPE NO

... Nothing.... really.

Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)

My VGM Collection

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:36 AM #64 of 158
Agreed with yanxu, thats why I stayed with the Japanese voice!
I started with the japanese voices, then heard Lyner's voice which made me cringe. I've kept it on English since.

I always thought the voice bugs had to do with my PS2's laser probably dieing on me though due to extensive swap disk use.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:04 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 10:04 AM #65 of 158
Yes, it's your PS2. When I played the game on my PS3 the music and voices never skipped once. Of course it isn't worth it when the game is unable to save properly. ._.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2007, 03:23 AM Local time: Feb 18, 2007, 01:23 AM #66 of 158
You nearly completed the game Crazy Redd?
The Installation system comes mid-way.

So apparently I'm at Phase 2 and just fooling around. Like seriously, this game gives me tremendous headaches. Everyone's like level 50 or so.

Though I like the encounter system in the game, when the bar wipes out, I have to leave the terrain which means level grinding. And with a game that freezes every 10 minutes or so (just exaggerating but it does freeze momentarily), it gets annoying.

Also I want level 6 of diving already

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:27 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 08:27 PM #67 of 158
6.3 at gamespot, huh? Wow, a lot of the reviews I'm seeing make this game look like shit.

I still need to order it myself.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:01 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 01:01 AM #68 of 158
I personally thought it was 6.8. Lemme check..

..Yeah. 6.3.

Personally, I felt that this game could have more potential. Still I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

So:

Spoiler:
About 30 hours in. Misha is in her level 9 Cosmosphere (so much drama in these systems!) and already in her grown up state. Just got her Armor costume. Aurica still at 5 but I made 7 different save files so I can pick up on Aurica on another save file. Currently location is in Prism Garden; above the Blastline. Shit-tons of back stories (about Misha being the Star Singer; Tastiella being the Crescent Chronicle herself; Aurica met Bourd before and caused havoc in her village; Jack leaving the Teru Tribe once (and how he's a pedo - sup Lyra); Krusche crossing the Blast Line; Radolf being responsible and all drama that I just skipped because I don't give a shit. Too much.

Oddly enough: My mission now is to save Leard and return Shurelia to normal. So far, there have been 4 Mir (the mother virus) attacks. The first is from the Apostle Altar (or Altar of Apostles), Falss leading a revolt up to Platina, Bourd stealing Misha's song (hence she looked like a child) since Misha had the "Chronicle Key" that stopped the viruses from spreading and Ayatane being an incarnation of Mir herself.

Ah Misha, the destined Star Singer just to sing away her days. Aurica's annoying - always thinking that's she's worthless just because she's a Class-D Reyvateil and apparently and totally insecure. Had to put up with her. Awesome nonetheless.

Levels: Lyner's 61, Radolf's 52, Jack's 60, Krusche's 60, Misha's 59-ish, I think; Aurica's 52.

Cosplay is fun but the process of getting them makes me yawn a lot. And the installation system too, best use of sexual innuendos (sup Misha's Dreamchaser water joke) but you know the best part about the sexuality?

Misha and Aurica's Level 6 Cosmosphere.

Best one ever.

Would've added more but heh, that'll do.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Single Elbow; Feb 23, 2007 at 03:05 AM.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:57 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 01:57 PM #69 of 158
Agree with Terminus regarding the favorite Cosmosphere XD

I am currently not far into phase 2 only, with Misha lv 8 and Aurica lv 7 cosmosphere. *sigh* when does Misha grow up >__< She got soo many cosplay costumes already but can't use them coz she is still too small...

I gotta say, the emphasis on "moe" is shown quite strongly here. I love the mature innuendos in the dialogues!

Oh how I love to get this game a CG and 3D make over...

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 04:25 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 02:25 PM #70 of 158
I am currently not far into phase 2 only, with Misha lv 8 and Aurica lv 7 cosmosphere. *sigh* when does Misha grow up >__< She got soo many cosplay costumes already but can't use them coz she is still too small...
Spoiler:
If you chose to choose the search party, you'll eventually hit Tenba Labs again and you'll cross info there about what happened. You'll get the Chronicle Key and Misha returns to normal.

Misha at level 9 Cosmophere now. Aurica at level 7. I'm far up to the Blast Plate as of current.

Tankalex_Storm
Master Swordsman

Member 11438

Level 6.95

Aug 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:02 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 03:02 PM #71 of 158
I'v been looking forward to this game for a good while now, but whenever I see any reviews on it, people say that it's so easy that there is little to no enjoyment in the game at all really. Is this true?

How ya doing, buddy?
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:01 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 11:01 AM #72 of 158
Cheers for the pointer Terminus! Cool, Misha just evolved as I am typing this out

Quote:
I'v been looking forward to this game for a good while now, but whenever I see any reviews on it, people say that it's so easy that there is little to no enjoyment in the game at all really. Is this true?
Easy? Yup it is!
No enjoyment? HECK NO! I guess it just depends on what kinda elements you are looking for in a game. As for me I like character development and plot... which is why Ar Tonelico floats in my boat and I am loving how the game is progressing. If you are looking foward to more tatical battle system or more action plot or even cool CG-isque games. Then I guess it might be a bit boring to some.

At least the fun part of this game is to see the multiple endings XD

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:14 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 05:14 PM #73 of 158
Whoa cool. I ordered the limited edition thing with the OST from RosenQueen on the 20th and it already got here. Awesomeness, can't wait to play

How ya doing, buddy?
Tankalex_Storm
Master Swordsman

Member 11438

Level 6.95

Aug 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:16 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 08:16 PM #74 of 158
Just knowing that the easiness of the game doesn't take away from the overall enjoyment brings a smile to my face. Thanks to your help it looks like I'm going to end up ordering the game, thanks for the information.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:31 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 09:31 AM #75 of 158
I just finished the game over the weekend. In the end I was pretty satisfied with the way it turned out. The Hymns you get to hear later on are amazingly awesome.

Spoiler:

Watched 5 of the 7 endings on my playthrough. I highly recommend playing into Phase 3 just because it adds an extra 10 hours of gameplay and a much better ending to the game. Plus you get another Cosmosphere to explore (though its only 5 levels) and you get two of the coolest characters on your team. In order to get the other 2 endings I have to select Aurica and play through phase 2 and 3 again which I don't feel like doing right now. Rogue Galaxy is calling me. And yeah, the game is still easy later on. The final boss did destroy three of my characters at once with a special attack. Closest I've ever come to dying in this game.

Beating the game gives you a ton of goodies in the extra menu including the ability to listen to all the songs in the game.

I wonder if Gamespot played the game completely to the end. It deserves better than a 6.3. I'd personally give it a 7.5-8.5.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Ar Tonelico - The closest thing rpg nerds will ever get to a girlfriend