Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:18 PM #1 of 5
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy

I'm surprised there's no thread for this yet, given the amount of attention pre-launch the first game had. (Well, either that, or it's not cool to play JRPGs anymore.)

In any case:

Quote:
Let’s talk about Mana Khemia 2 now!

Mana Khemia 2 - Premium Cover

I won’t make this too long, so please stick with me.

Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy will be released on August 25th for the PlayStation 2 system. Because of the huge support from our fans, we decided to make a premium box for this title. It will come with a soundtrack and a poster (dual print). The back of the poster contains 2 different works of art, so it’s like getting 3 posters in 1!

Mana Khemia 2 contains 2 different main stories. There are two main characters, Raze (male) and Ulrika (female). When you start the game, you’ll have the option of choosing which story you want to play with first. And after playing your first pick, you can play the other story, carrying all the items you collected in the previous story. That’s pretty sweet, right?

The basic story line is — The setting is about 15 years after “Mana Khemia.” Al-Revis Academy has been known for producing most of the world’s greatest alchemists. However, it’s been having a difficult time lately. The number of Mana is decreasing for unknown reasons in the world. As an alchemic school, Al-Revis Academy has been decaying because of this phenomenon. In order to survive as a reputable school, the Academy has added new curriculum, such as combat, government and law. Even though some people had negative feelings about this change at first, the number of applicants has increased each year. And because of the amount of time that has passed, there is a new cast of characters for you to meet and interact with, along with a few returning characters in faculty roles.

Mana Khemia 2 - Raze

Mana Khemia 2 - Ulrika

The story revolves around two characters, Raze and Ulrika. Raze is a combat student, who was dragged into enrolling at the Academy by Lily. Raze’s parents died when he was young, so he had lived with his grandfather. After a few years, Raze’s grandfather could no longer take care of him, so Raze moved in with Lily’s family as their servant. Raze doesn’t really like Manas because something bad happened in his past which involved a Mana. His blade skill is very advanced, thanks to his grandfather’s teachings.

Ulrika is an alchemy student. She was given a Mana egg by an old man a long time ago, and that egg hatched into Uryu. Ulrika is always optimistic, cheerful, and happy, however she has trouble getting along with Raze because of his dislike of Manas.

Whether you choose Raze or Ulrika at the beginning of the game, you still interact with the other characters throughout the story. Sometimes Raze and Ulrika are rivals, and sometimes they will work as a team.

Here is the promotional trailer!
Well, the promotional trailer isn't youtube, so you'll have to visit the source: Playstation.Blog to see it.

In any case, Personally I am happy to see it being localized, even though I have yet to play the first one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:43 PM #2 of 5
I'm surprised there's no thread for this yet, given the amount of attention pre-launch the first game had.
"The first game had a lot of hype pre-release but wasn't exactly amazing when it came out, why isn't everyone equally excited for the sequel?"

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:47 PM #3 of 5
Since Ar Tonelico 2 my trust in NISA to release games that aren't broken has wavered. I'm a little more than cautious about this particular release, since it's another Gust title.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:51 PM 3 #4 of 5
"It's a Gust game, why isn't everyone excited for all of the innovations and new ideas they will bring to this title?"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:53 PM #5 of 5
I picked up the first Mana Khemia on a whim and absolutely loved it, so I'm really excited that the sequel is finally getting localized. The synthesis leveling and combat system in the original were both addictive as hell, and it'll be interesting to see Flay return as a teacher.

With any luck it won't have any game-breaking glitches. Bosses with the ability to freeze the game are about the only thing that could keep me from buying this immediately.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy