Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Ar Tonelico - The closest thing rpg nerds will ever get to a girlfriend

Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:19 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2008, 04:19 PM #151 of 158
So a bit of awesomeness. NIS is porting over the insanely cool original Japanese AT2 website into English rather than trying to develop their own

Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Cetra; Oct 25, 2008 at 07:23 PM.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:26 PM #152 of 158
Sweet!

Any news on Mana Khemia 2? Will they pick that one up as well?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2008, 01:26 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2008, 10:26 AM #153 of 158
Well I was hearing information about NIS releasing something in January so I was getting hopeful. Turns out all they did was push back the released date of AT2 and the main reason for this is because while not quite going open platform in America like they are in Europe, Sony is cutting licensing fees of games on the PS2 by 75% starting the first of next year. I think that is a hopeful indication that they'll scoop up Mana Khemia 2 eventually.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 05:55 PM #154 of 158
Thread Necromancy.

My copy came in today, so I've had a little bit of time to play it. Game is fun, I know a bit more about the combat system now that I can read the info it gives you, and it's like they're not even trying to guise innuendo stuff anymore. Hilarious and awesome.

Both voice tracks are gimped, though; they cut the amount of voices from the game for the english dubbing, and also cut them from the japanese track. Space concerns? I dunno. The english dub isn't too great so far, but I'll give it a little longer before I jump ship.

How ya doing, buddy?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:32 PM #155 of 158
Thread Necromancy indeed. Mine just came in today as well, though I have yet to pick it up from my mail room yet. Either way, might pop it in for a spin before I return back to finishing the first Ar Tonelico.

Speaking of which, did you get the Rosenqueen preorder bundle, Taco?

How ya doing, buddy?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 1, 2009, 04:17 PM Local time: Feb 1, 2009, 02:17 PM #156 of 158
Wow NISA. You are getting really sloppy. How could you not catch a small string of text Japanese that comes up commonly? I don't think they playtested this shit at all.

クローシェ様~!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Heisho-Ryuu
- Item 2 -

Member 2989

Level 14.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2009, 03:27 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2009, 03:27 AM #157 of 158
**CASTS "REVIVE" ON THREAD**
I liked the game but a bloody bug on it prevents to get a few extras (not that desirable) since the game locks up on a special attack made by the pre-final boss.

The bonuses included in the preorder or the US releases are neat and worth every penny. But still it bugs me that NISA went a little too far on sloopines by letting some stuff untranslated and the lags are horrible (the japanese version didn't had too many of that).

Overall the game is good. Woth a second playtrough, only if you want to get all the endings.

I was speaking idiomatically.

~ For Everlasting Peace... ~

Frozen Memories
Mein Donnerkeil

Member 26940

Level 8.46

Dec 2007

Old Mar 25, 2009, 08:25 PM #158 of 158
I picked up the game about a week ago... I can't say that I love it, but it seems like a nice sequel. But, man... I don't know if I missed it during the first game, but the second game seems to have more localization issues (bad grammar and whatnot). I haven't run into anything too bad yet, though (I'm in Phase 2).

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Ar Tonelico - The closest thing rpg nerds will ever get to a girlfriend