Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 279 Voting/WEEK 280 Nominating

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2013, 05:46 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2013, 02:46 PM #1 of 31
Song of the Week - WEEK 279 Voting/WEEK 280 Nominating

Song of the Week. 250 Weeks and counting.
Week 279 Voting is not regretting wasting those 2 points even for a second.
Week 280 Nominating is 1992~.

Results:
1). [23] Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest
2). [22] FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
3). [11] Zettai Hero Kaizou Keikaku Original Soundtrack - Within the Earth
). [10] Everybody Votes Channel (Game Rip) - Menu
5). [4] Bloody Wolf (Arcade Game Rip) - SCENE 1-TOWN-
6). [2] Maninology - Sandbox Wars

/!\ ALERT THEME WEEK NOMINATION TIME ALERT /!\

1992 Week
This theme week has been commandeered by time travelers from the year 1992. Accede to your new rulers by nominating music from 1992 or perish.

VGM Fossil Week
Pre-1995 music only. No music that has been composed since Waterworld was in theaters allowed!

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Bloody Wolf (Arcade Game Rip) - SCENE 1-TOWN-
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Everybody Votes Channel (Game Rip) - Menu
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Maninology - Sandbox Wars
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Zettai Hero Kaizou Keikaku Original Soundtrack - Within the Earth

Track Notes:
There is some debate over whether the Time Trax prototype is intended to run as NTSC (60 Hz) or PAL (50 Hz). Jolteon specifically ripped a 50 Hz version of his nomination, and I'm inclined to believe this is the correct speed based on Tim Follin posting a 50 Hz recording of another song from the game on his site, so we're going with that for voting.

If you'd like to hear a hyperspeed 60 Hz recording of Time Trax - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest, it is available in the extras directory.

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 6 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. No giving one point to each song either. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Sep 16, 2013 at 02:40 AM.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2013, 05:43 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2013, 08:43 PM #2 of 31
Your fancy theme week shall not thwart my Basiscape mission!

Nomination #97

Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto
Game: Devilish
Track Title: Stage 2 - Clock Tower
Track Number: 5
Year: 1992
Catalog Number: N/A
Additional Information: Best Sakimoto soundtrack? Possibly.

I participate in SotM every M, I ain't no devil no sir

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Aug 23, 2013, 06:18 AM #3 of 31
Nomination:
Composer: Toshiharu Yamanishi
Game Title: Thunder Force IV (Game Rip)
Track Title: Space Walk (Stage 2A)
Source(s): Project 2612

!!!!!!!!!!! I was actually just listening to this soundtrack yesterday when trying to decide on what to nominate for this theme week! Hitoshi Sakimoto made some of the most impressive contributions to the Genesis/MD (like he made the sound driver that wound up being used for this when he was only 2 years old (actually more like 15-18 but you get the idea)) which are really unappreciated imo too! I wish Sakimoto was more associated with his older work because that's where he shines the most i m o ! Thank you for nominating this because I was actually considering nominating SOMETHING from that very soundtrack!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2013, 06:47 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2013, 09:47 PM #4 of 31
Wow! What are the odds. Yeah the sound driver story behind this soundtrack is pretty neat. I'm not lying when I say that it is possibly Sakimoto's best and most consistent soundtrack. I would have been happy nominating any of the stage themes, but "Clock Tower" is certainly the catchiest. Insofar as the Bubble Ghost soundtrack is solely comprised of this track, it is pretty high up on the Sakimoto soundtrack list as well!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:28 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2013, 12:28 PM #5 of 31
I don't have anything old at the moment (and really how am I supposed to compete with Space Walk), so here's a plain nomination for the next normal week:

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:00 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2013, 05:00 PM #6 of 31
Had this on my to-nominate list for a while. Seems apt for theme week. Was considering a MIDI tune but maybe I'll save that for Halloween time. Kinda curious: Why "1995" for the upcoming theme week? Was it the turning point between current gen game consoles and next gen at the time?

* Album Title: Pu.Li.Ru.La
* Artist: Kazuko Umino
* Track Title: BGM 7, On Sky & Cloud (Unused)
* Source: PCCB-00091 | Pu.Li.Ru.La - VGMdb
* File Location: Nominations folder
* Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
* Track Number: 21
* Catalogue Number: PCCB-00091
* Year: 1992
* Note: The rip I have indicates that Yasuhisa Watanabe was also the artist for the track but I went with what VGMdb indicated instead.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I think therefore I am... I think.
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:03 AM #7 of 31
Wow, three 1992's for the theme week! Maybe we should change the theme week to music from that year only.

FELIPE NO
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:42 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2013, 01:42 AM #8 of 31
Kinda curious: Why "1995" for the upcoming theme week?
Ask Muzza!

When I looked up the description while making this thread I thought 1995 seemed pretty recent, and if we really wanted to do fossils we should at LEAST go before 1990, but I didn't want to change it when that's what people voted on.

1992 Week actually sounds kind of amazing to be honest

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:53 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2013, 07:53 PM #9 of 31
Oh, so it's my fancy theme week! That post is such a fossil, I had completely forgotten about it.

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2013, 07:34 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2013, 08:34 PM #10 of 31
And that's another mystery in the universe solved.

It must be a sign when there are three 1992 noms. I didn't even think about it. O_o Completely off the rails, but trying to recall what was special about 1992. Luckily, there's MobyGames:

CheetahMen II - Some people liked the game's music, right?

Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty - The grandaddy of RTS games and a fav. Lots of tunes I love. <3

Leather Goddesses of Phobos! 2: Gas Pump Girls Meet the Pulsating Inconvenience from Planet X - Uh, sounds interesting.

Quest for Glory III: Wages of War - This was a cool game, from what little time I got with it. Music was okay but nothing particularly stood out during my short playthrough.

Street Fighter II - Great game at the time although I was terrible at it. Didn't think much of the music then but I now realise Guile's theme goes with everything.

Shining Force - I remember being impressed by this as a kid. I vaguely recall the music was not bad, from samples I heard much later.

Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss - Fun dungeon crawler I had good memories of. The BGM was not too bad.

Wolfenstein 3D - I hated the game for giving me dizzying headaches. But the music was decent, in hindsight.

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:41 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2013, 06:41 PM #11 of 31
1992 Week. Let's do this!

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:50 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2013, 12:50 AM #12 of 31
Okay, throwing down with Team 1992.
  • Album: Be filled with feeling
  • Artist: Hayato Matsuo
  • Disc #: 1 (of 1)
  • Track #: 4
  • Track Title: Chromatic Beast
  • Catalogue Number: TTRC-0001
  • Year: 1992
  • Additional Info: Yo Muzz are original albums okay
  • Source: TTRC-0001 | Be filled with feeling - VGMdb

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:15 PM #13 of 31
[*]Track Title: Chromatic Beast
I KEEP OVER-SAYING THINGS LIKE THIS BUT I was actually considering nominating this exact song for SotW like 2 months ago or so (but I decided not to because I'd already nominated Hayato Matsuo multiple times kind of recently including one from another Troubadour Records album). So I like your choice!!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:50 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2013, 02:50 PM #14 of 31
ok then

3 points: Zettai Hero Kaizou Keikaku Original Soundtrack - Within the Earth
2 points: FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
1 point: Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest

I like to think of the style of Within the Earth as klezmer noir. Sandbox Wars could very well be a battle winner. Jolt Trax is good too. Unfortunately I disliked the Bloody Wolf track, in spite of its Draconisness. Also lol, Menu is such a CHz nomination. Only CHz would nominate that. By the way, nominating Fantavision should be considered cheating.

Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:13 AM #15 of 31
3 Points - FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
2 Points - Zettai Hero Kaizou Keikaku Original Soundtrack - Within the Earth
1 Points - Bloody Wolf (Arcade Game Rip) - SCENE 1-TOWN-

As for last thread's discussion, I haven't heard a new album in ages. The procedure would have to be going on SS' FTP download some obscure stuff, listen to it and nominate the best track from it.^^
If doujin noms get the green light I could really nominate more. In my opinion it's more game music than non-game music by official composers and they still have ways and styles that's just different from official musicians and worth checking out.

FELIPE NO
GameBop
Wark!

Member 40616

Level 1.34

Aug 2013

Old Aug 30, 2013, 06:03 PM #16 of 31
Hey guys I'm new here but I hope I can fit in well or something

Anyway, nomination:
  • Game Title: The Island of Dr. Brain
  • Composer: Robert Atesalp
  • Track Title: Map
  • Year: 1992
  • Source: MobyGames

And also, my votes:

3 Points: FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
2 Points: Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest
1 Point: Bloody Wolf (Arcade Game Rip) - SCENE 1-TOWN-

I hope I'm doing things correctly here

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:24 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2013, 10:24 AM #17 of 31
Hi GameBop! Welcome to the forums. Hopefully you stick around and have a bit of (VGM) fun. By the way, your nomination and votes are all perfectly fine and are in accordance with all the rules etc.

PiratePrince
You're fine!

Member 31306

Level 25.30

Jul 2008

Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:40 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2013, 05:40 PM #18 of 31
3 points - Zettai Hero Kaizou Keikaku Original Soundtrack - Within the Earth
1 points - FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
1 point - Everybody Votes Channel (Game Rip) - Menu
1 point - Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest

wtf was Sandbox Wars lol. Really enjoyed Within the Earth, I always like stuff in that style. Would like to help with nom'ing some stuff, but I don't really have obscure enough stuff on my computer at the moment.

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:52 PM #19 of 31
lol you guys

Nomination for 1992 theme week (best idea ever):

Game: G.I. Joe (Arcade)
Composer: Tsutomu Ogura, Kenichiro Fukui
Track: In The Jungle (Stage 4)
Track #: n/a
Catalog #: n/a
Source: g.i. joe - a real american hero [model gx069] [coin-op] arcade video game, konami co., ltd. (1992)
Additional Info: n/a

Uploading to the FTP.

Most amazing jew boots
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Sep 3, 2013, 06:20 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2013, 01:20 PM #20 of 31
3 points: Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest
2 points: Bloody Wolf (Arcade Game Rip) - SCENE 1-TOWN-
1 point: FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:07 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2013, 12:07 AM #21 of 31
Okay, time to stop procrastinating and VOTE.

(2 points) FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
This is my favourite tune on the soundtrack. The beat and the interlude definitely have something to do with it. And that melody that doesn't really quite sound like a melody.

(2 points) Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2 - The Laboratory - Location 5 - Building Site - Location 7 - The Forest
Follin tracks can be a hit or miss for me. This is a hit. A big hit.

(1 point) Everybody Votes Channel (Game Rip) - Menu
This is all sorts of fun. Bouncy and wonderfully playful.

(1 point) Zettai Hero Kaizou Keikaku Original Soundtrack - Within the Earth
Okay, I had a relisten to this again and I think I cannot not give this a point. It's a great listen after a long day at work.

I feel bad for not giving the other noms points because they really are enjoyable.

New regular week nom below. I hope I don't change my mind because I've been procrastinating over this one as well.

* Album Title: Sinjid Original Soundtrack
* Artist: David Orr
* Track Title: Dai'Jin Mines
* Source: Sinjid Original Soundtrack - VGMdb
* File Location: Nominations folder
* Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
* Track Number: 3
* Catalogue Number: NA
* Year: 2013

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Elorin; Sep 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2013, 02:00 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2013, 11:00 PM #22 of 31
2 points: Everybody Votes Channel (Game Rip) - Menu
2 points: Maninology - Sandbox Wars
1 point: FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
1 point: Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest

Also lol, Menu is such a CHz nomination. Only CHz would nominate that.
Thanks, I make it a point to nominate excellent music by excellent composers.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Sandbox Wars. Well, Menu's good too.

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Opfer
nice

Member 28563

Level 18.16

Mar 2008

Old Sep 6, 2013, 03:59 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2013, 10:59 PM #23 of 31
3 points: FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
2 points: Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest
1 point: Everybody Votes Channel (Game Rip) - Menu
?!: Maninology - Sandbox Wars

Regarding Elorin's post in the last thread about Song of the Week dying:

I think it's not just SotW participation that's going down, I get the feeling that Gamingforce as a whole is getting smaller. And I think it's even bigger than just Gamingforce, it seems that people are moving away from internet forums in general, using facebook, twitter, reddit, etc. instead.

As for myself, the only interesting part of Gamingforce is the BSC and SotW. And when there is no BSC going on, SotW doesn't provide enough activity to warrant visiting the site on a daily basis. And if I don't visit it daily, then my visits quickly become irregular and I forget about the thing completely.

I don't know about other people but I pretty much only visit sites that will give me something to do every time I get there. So my internet activity includes checking my e-mails, reddit and the audiosurf website. I someone wants me to keep coming back, they need to provide daily activity (audiosurf website), integrate their content into a site that I go to anyways (reddit) or send me their updates (e-mail, rss).

I'm not running out of things to nominate, and I'm not getting bored of VGM or anything, for me, it's merely the choice of platform (and occasional real-life business getting in the way) that keeps me from participating on a regular basis. If it were up to me, I'd investigate if it is possible to host SotW on the gamemusic subreddit. Advantages would include the number of people visiting the place growing steadily and people with browsing habits similar to myself keeping being engaged. Of course, you'd have to get involved with the moderators there in order to get some place in the topbar or sidebar with a link to the thread, since regular threads would be pushed out after a few days. I don't know if it's viable and/or preferable, just wanted to throw it out there, this being the kind of thing that would keep people like me coming back.

I'll check my library for tracks from 1992 later, maybe I can come up with a nomination.

FELIPE NO
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Sep 6, 2013, 05:59 PM #24 of 31
hi gamebop thanks for joining the site (hi guys gamebop is a very good friend of mine and I introduced sotw to him since he was looking for places to find VGM he might like and stuff, and you guys were looking for more people here, I hope he likes you guys and I hope you guys like him!!!!)

3 point(s): Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip) - Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest

2 point(s): Everybody Votes Channel (Game Rip) - Menu

1 point(s): FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]

WELL I LIKE TIME TRAX because I nominated it but the question is "why" . . . "WHY" would someone nominate such a thing as "Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest" ? ? ? Well the answer is simple: because they person who nominated "Location 2: The Laboratory / Location 5: Building Site / Location 7: The Forest" from "Time Trax (PAL Genesis Game Rip)" is obsessed with music from that system (me). Well see Tim Follin as you know has this thing where he basically pushes the limits of soundchips so much that they might as well not have been considered "limited" in the first place. Time Trax's rom was recently dumped and is the only thing for the Genesis that Follin did really; as expected (especially from the already known title track to the game) it is one of the most extremely limit-pushing soundtracks on the system! I love how well he conserves channels with things like constant patch changes, and using FM patches that cover more than one note, so that large chords take up less channels. That loop with the panning constantly switching between speakers on the crystal-y sound is SO COOL, also I love the sweep-pad like sounds so much, in fact FM synth sweep sounds like that are probably my favorite sounds of ALL TIME, of ANY SOUND ever. Just all of the patches sound so nice and they're used in such a nice way, it's awesome!!! Also as a bonus: this particular track is in 5/4 time and YOU ALL KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE THAT! It even has 4/4 against 5/4 polymeter feel sections at one point like seriously this song exists wow (this is my favorite Genesis song and Genesis is my favorite system music can come from, so basically this is one of my favorite songs that can possibly exist).

Okay onto everybody votes well okay, the amount I like this one probably has a lot more to do with positive associations in my mind than how much I'd like the music otherwise (but I still would love the music if I didn't do the thing it was from so often anyways!). I was a huge fan of the Everybody Votes channel, so it was so sad to see it go!! I'm glad CHz nominated this as a tribute to it. Such a fun paper mario series-like syncopated funky thing! Also this might seem "random" but I really like the low sustained note that only changes occasionally compared to everything else, it gives it a cool atmosphere. Also this instrumentation is just really interesting, I love how much the groove winds up switching between different groups of instruments and stuff. Awesome! VOTE! for the VOTE! song

So why did I like "FUTARINO FANTAVISION ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]"? Well it was because I like synths and this has synths in it okay. Also there are some parts in this with "emotionally gripping" chord changes like they make me fall out of my chair because they're so cool and stuff. Mainly like halfway through the track until the end.

As for the tracks that I didn't give points to here... Sandbox Wars and SCENE 1-TOWN- actually did appeal to me a decent amount, just not enough to give them any points.

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2013, 08:14 PM #25 of 31
2 points: Menu
2 points: Location 2 - The Laboratory - Location 5 - Building Site - Location 7 - The Forest
1 point: gigantic ~ vs stage 3, 4 [out of orbit]
1 point: Within the Earth
Just Missed: Sandbox Wars
I apologize for my absence: Sandbox Wars

Even though I'm all for showcasing less popular versions of games and their soundtracks, I vastly prefer the sountrack to the Turbografx-16 port of Bloody Wolf over the arcade one . The arcade Marsh theme is pretty cool though, and Stage 1 isn't bad.

Everybody Votes Channel <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. The version I have has a snare break that opens the piece so the intro doesn't sound as abrupt - at the cost of some sfx in the first second. It also loops though, so some of you may be interested? Either way I've uploaded that version here.

This Time Trax piece is crazy good. Those chimes at 0:59

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 279 Voting/WEEK 280 Nominating